“4stars-- you gotta be kidding me”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of AC Hotel Nice

Ranked #32 of 204 Hotels in Nice
“4stars-- you gotta be kidding me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in June 2014. Special mention for two persons at the front desk - Fillipo & Sonya. They were very good. Apart from that i have stayed in 3 star hotels with better staff & facilities. No value for money at all. In fact EXPENSIVE. Good location is probably the only thing working in its favour.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank RJPRJ
B_BUSSCHER, General Manager at AC Hotel Nice, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear RJPRJ,

We do appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for not having impressed you with our product and services. I am however glad that Fillipo and Sonia were giving you a nice treatment.

All we do is to make sure our guests leave our hotel happy, and in your case we failed to do so, for which I am really sorry.

I do hope that your trust in us is not damaged too much and that you will give us another chance to prove we do uphold the high Marriott Standards.

Thank you again for your input.
Benno Busscher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I don't know if I was expecting too much from a 4 star hotel but I was a bit disappointed. The room was lovely and staff very helpful but I was disappointed with the following:

1. Had to pay 12E a day for internet which I think should be complimentary in a hotel in this price range.
2. No complimentary water in room, had to pay 4E for a bottle.
3. Paper cups for tea, very cheap.
4. No slippers.
5. They forgot to replenish tea bags.
6. Very average pool.

I kind of felt that they were looking to make extra money at every opportunity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carrie1111London,

We thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor and apologize to you for not living up to your expectations of a 4 star hotel as you mentioned. The points given are appreciated and we will work on them.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our staffing, so the Marriott trainings were succesful.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hotel is a symphony of high tech plastic all over. Everything is carefully designed, but really not impressive and extremely inpersonal.Probably great business hotell for a night stay, otherwise not worth the money. Poor service, fire alarms during night, hermetic box at its best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ma G,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the AC Hotel in Nice at TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations; we do appreciate your comments to work on to increase our levels of service and product for our future guests.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered.
Hopefully this will not refrain you from trying our hotel again in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

For a hotel that associates itself ever so remotely with the Marriott chain, this hotel was really not up to the typical standard. Granted, the location is decent and puts you within walking distance to a few interesting areas of Nice, they could have done a much better job with the rooms.

I stayed two nights on the last trip with family. This hotel had adequate lobby and breakfast, but inside the room is where most of the disappointment came. Bathroom felt very crammed. The shower was hard to use and splashed onto the floor quite a bit. Bedding felt low quality and uncomfortable. I realize that some of these are to be expected in typical hotels in Europe, but given its association with Marriott one expected some level of consistency with the brand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ZJuice
B_BUSSCHER, General Manager at AC Hotel Nice, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear ZJuice,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is important to us and I do apologize that we did not impress you during your visit. Thanks for raising some important issues that we can work on to improve our product and service.

In the meantime, I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.

Liege, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a really nice hotel and it's just a few minutes by car from the airport. Rates are correct for Nice and location is just great. Nice restaurant and garden.
Just one negative point, very small fitness center.

Room Tip: As usual, see view is better but more expensive :-)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Crail, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last week - great beds, superking beds which are amazingly comfy, high quality bed linen, nice wet room. Glad we upgraded to superior room as bright and airy, full floor to ceiling windows and partial see view. Pic on here shows room at the back which has small window and no view, but really worth upgrading if you can. Very nice staff, good breakfasts, lovely walk along Prom Des Anglais to town centre (15 mins), so bit further out than some hotels but quieter location as at right angles to the main Prom. Mini bar removed from room so its a small fridge which is better, can buy wine, champagne etc in reception. Lovely rooftop area with bar, comfy seats, nice pool, lots of loungers and lovely 360 degree view of the town. Very clean hotel, will return!

Room Tip: Get a superior partial sea view - definately worth the extra money. Heard fellow travellers complain...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MhairiMackenzie
Dear MhairiMackenzie,

I am thrilled to read that you have had the 'best nights sleep ever'!

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us and we are even more glad that you will return to us!

Until next time at the AC Hotel Nice.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have just returned from a short break to Nice and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
I was travelling
with my mother who is 71 and my sister and had booked this as a birthday surprise. EasyJet had sold me a room that did not fit any description on the hotels web page ( A TRIPLE DEUXE SEA VIEW ROOM) and on arrival we where given a room with 2x single beds and a camp bed or a bed you would use for a small child. I explained that we don't sleep on camp beds at home and they then offered me a junior suite for an extra 100 euros a night. I refused to pay as it was Easy jets fault for selling me a room that did not exist . The receptionist spoke to her manager and not only gave us the room free of charge but delivered champagne and chocolates to our room. The staff where excellent and especially the Receptionist (Cheila) who understood my complaint and dealt with it very efficiently. The hotel is beautiful and is in a great position and i will not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The hotel is to the Side of the Promenade so all rooms are partial sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elizabeth d
B_BUSSCHER, General Manager at AC Hotel Nice, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear elizabeth d,

We are very glad to read that you have had an excellent stay with us! We strive to uphold the best service standards a Marriott hotel can provide, and I have informed Cheila of your comments about her excellent service towards you.

Do come back for your next visit!