“Good location but a little disappointment”

Best Western New York
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Perhaps larger more expensive rooms offer more comfort but the single one I got did not even have a cupboard to hang a jacket. The small bed looked more like a sofa-bed. The room had very much needed double-glassing, it was very clean, had a nice balcony with good views to the street and did it for me nicely for one night. The location is very good and perhaps I would come back checking the room first rather than just booking online.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was so worried about is place because it was the cheapest place we got on our European stay, but it was the best hotel on our stay!!!
The staff were so lovely! I forgot their names (sorry) but they were super nice ladies from Slovenia (I think) they were so accommodating and had so many recommendations.
The hotel rooms are super cute, they are large, we had a cute balcony and the bathroom was decent size too. Lots of power points and wifi is a huge plus.
The breakfast buffet is an extra charge but has everything you need, it's quite basic but I couldn't complain. Mainly cold cuts, eggs, yogurt, bread and so on.
The location was great, down side was the lift, it was always busy but it's not a big deal.
Overall, I would come back here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went here with my boyfriend for four days and we were both amazed by the quality of the hotel! All of the reception staff were friendly and the room was in perfect condition and met out expectations (although a safe and a mini fridge would have been the cherry on the top...). The location of the hotel is also really good as there's a supermarket across the street and a street full of shops down to main Nice as well as a shopping centre. Even though it's in a busy part of Nice, we had no trouble sleeping. I would definitely return to this hotel when I go back to Nice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arielle L
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spent the last two days of my trip to Provence in this hotel.I did some previous research and I thought it was a good selection, but more than satisfied!
The hotel I clean and my room was extremely spacious. Location is great, ten minutes walk distance from Plaza Massena and the old city. People is very polite and it is a very safe area, but the real gem in this hotel was Alina the front desk agent. She was delightfully helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Enrique Q
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for five days, great location in the city centre within close proximity to shopping malls and the old town.

Staff were very courteous and helpful from start to finish; the only surprise was that bedrooms did not have a safe, refrigerator, kettle or room service - which was strange for a typical three-star hotel. The television signal was not the best in the triple room that we stayed in.

Furthermore, the 12 Euro breakfast was limited to scrambled eggs (the only hot food available), cold meats, fruit cocktail (which probably came out of a can), yogurts and apples plus fresh juice and tea/coffee.

Overall, it was a comfortable stay in a clean hotel that met our basic needs during our stay in Nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrissierulz
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here in May for eight days and it is a great place to stay. The front desk was always so helpful when we needed directions. We were very happy with the cleaniness of the rooms and the size was great for Europe. Across the street is a wonderful grocery store and a block away is a shopping mall. The only down side is the street noise during the night. But I would highly recommend.....Best Western has great hotels world wide.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

good room with small balcony ,very clean , receptionists very very helpful , location very good for the centre of Nice and the Old Town, rooms could do with a fridge and we had to ask for tea and coffee facilities , but otherwise a great stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple