“Excellent hotel for airport & train station”

Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport
Ranked #81 of 203 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent as an airport hotel. Very comfy bed which appeared extra long. Complimentary water & tea & coffee were a nice touch. Having the choice of a shower room or a bath room on check in was a nice touch. ( we're shower people & a very nice shower it was too) Also handy for the main train line , 2 stops from main Nice station. Spacious room with bed settee & free wifi. Airport is within walking distance depending on the terminal, we did take free shuttle bus which runs every half hour, driven by the receptionist! Glad we did as terminal 2 back to the UK would have been quite a walk! Ate in the restaurant on the evening of arrival. Service was a bit slow but food ok. Served its purpose more than adequately. Would recommend & use again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A definite airport corporate hotel, shuttle to airport next day was prompt, however as Terminal 1 was just across the road I should have walked. Food was good, rooms were excellent and helpful staff, however, next time I may stay ay CAP 3000 again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KelsonUk
Reviewed 19 April 2014

What I liked:
Clean and friendly. Awesome front desk experience. Room is small but big enough for an airport drop and go. TV worked great and the place is just so new, airy and clean it is a pleasure to stay. My dinner of scallops and whipped potato with green salad was excellent. The service was pretty much non-existent and as long as you don’t mind waiting an hour for your entre and getting up to find someone, its ok.

The service is very responsive once you tap them on the shoulder and it is typical of a busy budget hotel that understaffed the dining area. They were quite busy and I took a table in the bar area away from the crowd. Still, it was surprising to get such a great dinner for $22 euros including a beer and bread, olives etc. Nice to have that when you want to crash early. The value was great. The shuttle was great, timely and took me right to the terminal door. Also, wake up call on time and when I did not answer because I was in the shower they personally knocked on my door. That was nice.

Ice provided at bar for my room with a smile. Everything was done with a smile. Shower was very strong, not always the case so appreciated that in the early morning get up and go as well as the coffee in room. Great stay. Novotel overall is a wonderful, consistent and bright product. I am seeking them out more and more on my Eurotrips.

What I did not like:
Nothing, it was all great.

Room Tip: I asked for a room up high and at end of hallway to be quiet. They gave me exactly what I wanted an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dg3225
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is convenient both to the local rail station (Nice St Agustin) and the airport. The free shuttle was particularly welcome at 5am, though I would have walked if my flight had been later.
The room is a decent size and I had a good night sleep, despite getting up so early.
But the restaurant lets it down. Overpriced. Chaotic service. Had to practically beg for the bill, ended up walking to the till, at which point I wished was good night (and could have left without paying). The bill when it finally arrived was wrong, so a lot of checking with practically every waiter ensued while they checked that I had in fact never received a glass of wine that had been requested. A disappointing end to an otherwise great holiday.
I'd stay again, due to the convenience, but i'd eat elsewhere first, and then check in. Or check in really early and find somewhere else to eat.
The service and overall rating is for the restaurant - the desk staff were great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The first night my daughter slept on the sofa bed. By morning she had bugs bites on her arms. I slept on the bed and I had 4 bites on my back. We asked to move to a different room. We didn't have any new bites. They compensated us by reversing the parking fees and city tax. It was nice that they did that.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 708 the first night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ENDR10216
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A recent business trip to Cannes where all the hotels were booked resulted in a two night stay at the Novotel at Nice airport.

Good stop-over location. Not a 'luxury' hotel but beyond Premier Inn classification and therefore ideal for the job required.

Some coffee shops etc in the pedestrian area nearby so not completely isolated.

It appears some reviewers were somewhat tired from their prior journey and therefore a tad grumpy. For me it was OK value, service at the bar acceptable and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

after a 10 hr drive from zagreb it was nice to get here at 540 am , i was due to fly and come back a few days later but was shocked to be told that i could only park overnight in the hotel car park. isnt this what airport hotels are for? my low marking is solely to do with the parking policy the hotel is nice otherwise

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business