“Unhygienic, noisy, disorganized and poor customer service.”

Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport
Ranked #95 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nice, France
“Unhygienic, noisy, disorganized and poor customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Restaurant was terrible, chef was picking and blowing nose whilst preparing meals, did not wash his hands.
Staff extremely unfriendly, over priced and noisy from airport.
Booked a transfer from hotel to airport at 13:30 and they left without me as I was checking out. I was outside ready at 13:30. Staff did not inform them I was checking out, and did not inform me that they would leave 5 minutes early.

In short, unhygienic, noisy, disorganized and poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yet m
NovotelArenas, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Sir,

I'm really sorry for your experience in an hotel in Nice near the airport because I think it's not the right hotel :
* the restaurant has no view on kitchen
* our restaurant is soundproof (no terrace, windows can not be openned)
* my team is usualy thanked for their kindness and are described as very helpful.

Best regards

Eric Mondain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Near T1, though wouldn't recommend walking. Just ring and they'll collect you within 15 minutes or so.
But the hotel is very shabby. Room large but not good enough for expectations. Stayed at nicer 2* places.
Judging by other Nice airport hotel reviews, didn't seem any are acceptable, but I think I'd at least stay somewhere cheap rather than here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ugm6hr
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your stay in Nice.
I read your remarks with attention and inform you that we will make some renovations next winter.

Hope to see you again, and hopefully, regain your confidence.

Best regards,

Eric Mondain

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We arrived at midnight and had booked a room here for the night. It was ok for the one night...but not for any longer. The room was so small that you had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. No sheets...just a torn blanket. Two very small pillows. The breakfast was disgusting. Truly...the worst meal any of us had ever had. Everything was stale, runny or too warm. It was not worth anything near the 15 euro charged. There are other options at the airport and I would take them. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Flowers1432
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your business stay in Nice.

I am sorry to read that you did not appreciated the breakfast. Be assure that I will give an appropriate follow up to your comment.
For information, rooms have an area of 19.50m2 and extra pillows are at your disposition in your room or at the front desk.

Hope to see you again to regain your confidence ,

Best regards

Lisboa, Portugal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Novotel Nice Arenas was by far the worst Novotel i've ever stayed.
The stuff is negligent and rude. All of it.
My bed had a dirty and teared up blanket.
A very poor breakfast waits you in the morning. No cup for coffee just a large ones for milk or tea.

Never, never again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank AlexisLISBOA
NovotelArenas, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in my hotel.
I read your remarks with attention and I sincerely regret that you have had a negative experience in my hotel, and please accept my apologies. Be assure that I will give an appropriate follow up to your comment.
For information, carpet will be change this winter.

Kind regards

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very convenient for as we were travelling through Nice, Antibes, Cannes, St Tropez and then on to Château de Berne situated in the Var region, between Lorgues and Flayosc. So if you are traveling a very good place to stay for a few days at the start of your travels and to return to before flying back to the UK.

A clean tidy well managed hotel nice bar and restaurant, I would say the hotel of reasonable price and convenience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

First impression = poor. No luggage assistance available so when we asked front desk for a luggage trolley they pointed us to a chain of small wobbly upright luggage carts sitting in their lobby that are actually the property of the airport across the street (they're all tagged Nice Airport). And you have to insert 1 Euro to use it - in a hotel!! Worse was we only had a 2 Euro coin and the reception said it was OUR problem to make change!! Disgusting service. I made my husband make them make change and we eventually got our luggage up to our room ourselves. I know, I know - we should travel light but we were in France for a 5 month extended stay and by circumstance had lots to bring back home.

Anyway, the room was nice, quite large and clean. The toilet is separate from the shower room, and the shower room actually has a shower separate from the tub, and a large sink and vanity. The bathroom linens and good quality and large. The shower door leaked like a sieve but there was good temperature and pressure. The bed was pretty comfortable but the linens felt a bit coarse, and only 2 pillows. There is a tiny fridge and they kindly give you free of charge a bottle of water. There is also a kettle and a room safe, and free wifi which works well in the room. The room was very hot upon arrival (and it was only the end of March), and with the air con/fan on full blast for the entire evening it was still stuffy and warm.

We both had the plat du jour in the dining room for dinner. The service was friendly but a bit slow even though there were 3 staff and few customers. The food quality was better than we were expecting which is always nice. The roast beef was served rare and sliced thick, a generous portion with a delcious wine sauce. I had green beans which were tender and delicious, my husband had mashed potatoes which tasted institutionalized. The atmosphere was just okay; nice for a breakfast room but not a dining room.

The location is ONLY good if you have an early morning flight out of Nice airport (less than 5 minutes away). The hotel has a free airport shuttle van.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda S
NovotelArenas, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your stay in my hotel.
I sincerely regret that your arrival was so unpleasant for you and please accept my apologies. The answers given you was not at all appropriate.
Kind regards