“Great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very good hotel situated close to airport.. Navette to and from airport very useful. Staff very helpful. Breakfast good with good variety. Chef's recommendation for lunch excellent. Jean Charles in restaurant particularly pleasant and nothing is too much trouble for him.

Room Tip: Room 806 has a great. view of the airport and is kore spacious than the corner rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

NovotelArenas, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

I thank you for taking the time to write these few lines.

A review like yours encourage my teams to maintain their daily efforts to satisfy our customers.

I hope you will consider my hotel for your next trip in Paris.

Kind regards,

Eric Mondain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Barrington, IL
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the front desk staff was very very very helpful. We had so many questions and needed help finding a SIM card so we could have a French phone. The free shuttle to and from the airport was extremely helpful. They were very helpful in directing us to public transportation so we could do some sightseeing in Nice. We are so grateful for all their help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

What a pleasure to see you had this experience.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I will not fail to inform and congratulate my staff for their kindness.

I hope to see you again in my hotel for our next stay in Nice.

Kind regards,

Nice, France
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Restaurant was terrible, chef was picking and blowing nose whilst preparing meals, did not wash his hands.
Staff extremely unfriendly, over priced and noisy from airport.
Booked a transfer from hotel to airport at 13:30 and they left without me as I was checking out. I was outside ready at 13:30. Staff did not inform them I was checking out, and did not inform me that they would leave 5 minutes early.

In short, unhygienic, noisy, disorganized and poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yet m
Dear Sir,

I'm really sorry for your experience in an hotel in Nice near the airport because I think it's not the right hotel :
* the restaurant has no view on kitchen
* our restaurant is soundproof (no terrace, windows can not be openned)
* my team is usualy thanked for their kindness and are described as very helpful.

Best regards

Birmingham
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Near T1, though wouldn't recommend walking. Just ring and they'll collect you within 15 minutes or so.
But the hotel is very shabby. Room large but not good enough for expectations. Stayed at nicer 2* places.
Judging by other Nice airport hotel reviews, didn't seem any are acceptable, but I think I'd at least stay somewhere cheap rather than here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ugm6hr
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your stay in Nice.
I read your remarks with attention and inform you that we will make some renovations next winter.

Hope to see you again, and hopefully, regain your confidence.

Best regards,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We arrived at midnight and had booked a room here for the night. It was ok for the one night...but not for any longer. The room was so small that you had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. No sheets...just a torn blanket. Two very small pillows. The breakfast was disgusting. Truly...the worst meal any of us had ever had. Everything was stale, runny or too warm. It was not worth anything near the 15 euro charged. There are other options at the airport and I would take them. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Flowers1432
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your business stay in Nice.

I am sorry to read that you did not appreciated the breakfast. Be assure that I will give an appropriate follow up to your comment.
For information, rooms have an area of 19.50m2 and extra pillows are at your disposition in your room or at the front desk.

Hope to see you again to regain your confidence ,

Best regards

Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Novotel Nice Arenas was by far the worst Novotel i've ever stayed.
The stuff is negligent and rude. All of it.
My bed had a dirty and teared up blanket.
A very poor breakfast waits you in the morning. No cup for coffee just a large ones for milk or tea.

Never, never again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank AlexisLISBOA
NovotelArenas, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in my hotel.
I read your remarks with attention and I sincerely regret that you have had a negative experience in my hotel, and please accept my apologies. Be assure that I will give an appropriate follow up to your comment.
For information, carpet will be change this winter.

Kind regards