“I thought this place was great”
Review of Hotel Lepante

Hotel Lepante
Ranked #114 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed her for four nights last week and didn;t have any of the bad experiences other people seem to have had. We had a lovely room on the second floor (228) which had fully functional air conditioning and was utterly immaculate. Coming back to the hotel each day the room was beautifully clean with fresh towels and they never turned off our aircon so it was always a cool haven to return to. The staff were very freindly and helpful and willing to print us bus timetables which was a nice touch. the hotel is not palatial but they do the best with what they have and more importantly it was value for money and you get what you pay for. We went for breakfast included and I don;t know how you can describe it as poor. there was three types of bread, croissants, a selction of cheeses and jams, juice and coffee and all in unlimited quantities. We enjoyed a late breakfast on the terrace every morning and that carried us through to dinner. I would 100% stay here agaian though from the other reviews I would perhaos spicify a room on the first or second floor.

Room Tip: Ask for the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emjacaca C

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room is horible, very hot, it was near to the air conditioner discharges so the temprature its to higt.The air conditioning was not working virtually,so staing in the room became impossible.
I had booked a double room with extra bed for my seven years old girl. the additional cost for extra bed was 20eu and the receptionist was not told us that there wasn't breakfast included for my child. So we pay another 8 euros for a very very poor breakfast.
Cleaning leave much to be desired..The dirty towel was piling and not replaced.
Do not stay here !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fjorim
Reviewed 17 August 2013

One of our twin rooms had working air conditioning. The other was simply awful! It was on the third floor, in the eaves with the sun beating on it all day and with broken air conditioning. Anyone sleeping in it would suffer from heat stroke! The receptionist just shrugged his shoulders and left us to it when we complained. As it was after 10 pm and tired after our journey, we moved a mattress from the baking, attic room downstairs (no lift!) to the second floor room and slept 4 to one room! Having complained to the manager the following day, we were given the choice of another 3rd floor room, with broken air conditioning or a cooler single room with a small double bed. Rather than waste a day on our 3 day stay looking for another hotel, we ended up sleeping 3 to the larger room with one person in the single. Despite our complaints,we were very disappointed to be charged full price for two twin rooms for our uncomfortable 3 night stay and left feeling there was no goodwill from the manager. We booked way back in March and expected far, far better rooms and service. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Make sure you see your room before you book into this hotel.
1  Thank Madeleine H
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Never ever stay at this hotel. First of all we booked a double room and on arrival were told that the room is only big enough for one so were forced to book another room on top of the original one as it was late at night. On inspection the room we originally booked was a double and looked nothing like what the pictures are on the internet, so the receptionist blatantly lied to us. 300 euro later for 3 nights i was confined to a room in the roof, no air conditioning, no toilet and filthy bed linen. Our first day we discovered that they turn off the power to your room during the day, switch the wifi modem off and lock the door at the reception. On questioning reception on the power and internet again we got pure lies from the receptionist. This hotel is an absolute disgrace!

Room Tip: Never even consider this hotel
1  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 5 August 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. A mate and I are very relaxed and will pretty much stay anywhere which is why we booked a double bed (only thing available) to crash at while we were in Nice. As soon as we get there (tired from our Journey), the woman at the counter snaps at us that there is no possible way we can have 2 people in the room because it's too small and wouldn't be able to sleep. Bad start. So my friend was sent to a room in the attic with no Air con in the middle of sweaty summer for the same price. Yuck. When I got to my room sure enough there was enough room for both of us and we would have fit in the same bed separated comfortably. That wasn't even the start of it - when going up into my room (which was a steambox without the air conditioning) I noticed my air con was switched off at the main somewhere. So I went to ask downstairs about it and the counter snapper opened up a power box then told me that it's definitely working I had just not used the remote correctly and need to point it at the thing. Um no. I go back to my room and sure enough the air con is back on. So beware they switch stuff off randomly to save money or something. Same thing happened with the internet... After working fine it says "disconnected"... Back down to the desk and the snapper tells us that there's nothing she can do perhaps it's my room (when it was working perfectly a couple of hours ago). Not working in friends room all day either... Then bang magically internet appeared right on 5pm. Another save money thing probably. On day 2 of our stay a couple checked out early saying the rooms are horrible. It's true, nothing like the pictures and more like a dingy hostel of doom. Only reason I wrote this is to save just ONE person from the rough stay we had. Steer clear of this dump.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here. Ever.
1  Thank Timothy R
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hotel was 10-15 minute walk to the old city and close to the beach. Clean room and good air-conditioning. Room is nothing like the pictures on the website. So we were a bit disappointed. But very friendly and helpful staff. No parking at the hotel. The nearest public parking was €20 a day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms were small however the bed was comfy. Very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. 5 mins walk to tram stop... Jean Medicine. Very close to shops and some restaurants. We had a little balcony which was nice. Traditionally French. Down to earth.

• Stayed: June 2013