If you get a room third floor, facing the nice little park, I think you made one of the best choises in Nice. That is if you think it´s important with:
1. Large room, which all of the mentioned are. Room 305 is even a bit spacier than those beside.
2. Perfect location for a tourist. Near Promenade Anglais, the pedestrian area with shopping/restaurants and Old Town
3. A large balcony with interesting view
4. Beds wide and very comfortable. No plasic cover between sheet and matress (most hotels in France/Spain have that nowadays.)
5. Silent and well-working AC.
6. Friendly and informative staff (the not so nice breakfast-lady was an exception. But you can avoid her, by skipping the very dull breakfast. Lots of good options within a few minutes walk.)
On the negative side: No safety box in the room. If you stay lower than third floor, your view will be very restricted and you get more of traffic noise (if you still are on the frontside.) Bathroom and beds spotless clean. Floor and balcony not. But OK for us.
Before we moved to Carlton we had a room at hotel Lepante.10% cheaper, but our room there was one third in size. And that hotel had no 24-hours reception and were a bit more uncentral located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Carlton is located in the center of NICE, in a residential avenue near the Promenade des Anglais, the casinos, Theatres, Conference Center and car parks. Sound-proof and air-conditioned rooms overlook a charming garden, and the best reception is given to you. An exceptional geographical location for tourism and for your business appointment. Sound-proof and air-conditioned rooms, decorated in a smart and comfortable style and exposed full south. Terraces of these rooms, roomy, offering a sight on one charming garden, perfect for your sunny breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Carlton Nice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.