“BE AWARE OF FINAL BILL!”
Review of La Petite Sirene

La Petite Sirene
Ranked #174 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I thought the hotel was ok until I was supposed to pay at the final day. The reception guy came with another bill and amount than I had booked. I asked him for the booking confirmation paper I had have him the first day but he just kept on going on to show me his papers with another amount and got very rude and aggressive and told me to pay the amount. I had to go into my PC to find my booking - confirmation paper and showed him this but he just kept on being rude and told me to pay his amount. I then asked for the boss/manager of the hotel and he came. He was far more professional than the guy in the reception and told me he would check the situation. He had to turn on his PC ( which was very slow, so all this took very long time ). After much time he found out that probably the booking agency had put on some extra bills, for example brakfast for me which I didn´t order. In the meanwhile when we were sitting there the reception guy kept on running to us with some hand - wrote bill which he had calculated. He told me " you pay this, ok? ". I didn´t understand where the numbers came from and asked him to wait ( the manager also). But he just kept on yelling and being aggressive. I thought this was really un - proffesional, it seemed like he had some kind of personal benefit if I paid more ( his bill ). Two times he came with his hand - made bill ( which included wrong numbers ). After one hour I got really frustrated, I had a plane to catch. The manager calculated the numbers and came to the same amount as mine booking - confirmation. This episode destroyed my last day in Nice and the hole impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank World T

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked a double room for one night and were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and nicely furnished in the provencal style. The staff were friendly and the hotel is ideally situated. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole208
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was really pleased with my one night in a single room at La Petite Sirene. The bed was basically a double, and my bathroom was really spacious. The hotel is on a nice, safe street (I was a lone female traveller), only a few minutes from the beach, down a busy road with lively restaurants and shops. I didn't eat at the hotel, but was really happy with a good simple service. Very easy to get back to the airport by bus for an early flight the next morning too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SkapeBrussels
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We stayed in this hotel last year and enjoyed it so much we came back! We got a discount last year without asking (78euros) a night instead of 98. This year it was busier as it was full a couple of nights (112euros) no discount. Location is unbeatable 5 mins max from the beach and 2 mins to the main restaurant area but still quiet enough so you don't hear any noise. The hotel is manned 24 hours so you can come and go any time bathrooms are the best I have seen in a long time though if there was one observation I would say the bedrooms are in need of a fresh coat of paint. The owner shook our hands on the last morning and wished us a safe journey we might just make it 3 years in a row next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rod2015
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is the worst "hotel" we ever stayed at. The staff was Incredibly rude and arrogant. The room was dirty and had a really bad smell of mould. The water tap/faucet were loose, the shower were over floating, the air-condition and wifi-internet didn't work etc.
The price was way too hight for this hostel. Stay away.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank hans_henrik_10
Reviewed 2 August 2009

A really good, simple hotel just off the main shopping streets of Nice. Comfortable, small, clean room with good ensuite facilities.
Excellent price (booked through the very helpful Tourist Information desk at Nice Airport)
Staff were friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2008

Been there for 7 nights. Very friendly staff at the reception. WLAN possible in the lobby for free ! Very clean and comfortable room with recently renewed bathroom. Cosy atmosphere also in the ground floor steak house restaurant, where I got the best Argentinian steak in my live !! Poor breakfast but cheap (6,-EUR), don't eat that much in the morning. Very nice location for an evening walk down to the beach. Will come back for certain !

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nice
Hotel Courbet
Hotel Saint-Georges
#177 of 204 in Nice
Hotel Azur
#175 of 204 in Nice

Been to La Petite Sirene? Share your experiences!