“Good location”

Ranked #174 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Dublin, Ireland
“Good location”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good location close to the pedestrian area of the town, small single room but good for a short stay. Hotel staff were very helpful. The hotel has a restaurant and bar which I didn't use but looked to be well run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oslo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a small hotel with a very good and central location in Nice New Town. Short stroll to the pedestrian area (with countless tourist cafes), the Promenade and the shopping streets are all around. A slightly longer but pleasent walk to the Old Town (with even more cafes and restaurants). Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a nice beef restaurant inside the hotel. The breakfast offered was however not worth the money (continental light breakfast). Nice roof top terrace. Even if located in a secondary street, noise from traffic can be heard very well when window is open for air. Bed quality was sufficient, but not more. The room we got was totally lacking sound insulation and every little sound from other rooms and from the corridor. Our room had a distinct self-made renovation feel to it. The bathroom was placed up some stairs and had bad ventilation. Terrible smell from a nearby restaurant kitchen (or something like that) was really nauseating. Perhaps formally a 3 star hotel, but general quality not much more than 2 star (or hostel) quality.

Room Tip: Choose room with direct access to terrace.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OsloViking
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

just spent 3 days at hotel petite sirene,where do i begin it is lovely and quaint just how i have always imagined France Hotels to be,lovely and clean,really comfortable bed and felt really safe at night which was really important has a solo traveller. Hotel staff rekky helpfull cannot wait to go back again.

Room Tip: I had single room number 10 there was no noise at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed in one of the rooms with a terrace, great for sunbathing and a glass of wine at sunset. Nice restaurant, good value for the money. The staff was correct but rather stiff - a smile wouldn't hurt.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TGNorway
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The decor in the room was how I would imagine a typical French room (it's not picture perfect, there are chips but that adds to the character). The room and bathroom were clean and very comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and had a nice window also the bed was in a nook so protected from daylight from the window. The A/C worked well. The staff were fine, they stored my suitcase for a few hours which was a great help. The location is brilliant, it's about 3-5 minutes walk from nice buzzy areas and the beach yet the hotel is on a quiet street so I had a peaceful night's sleep.

As a lone female traveller I felt safe staying and returning to this hotel at night. Only thing to watch out for is that the prices of the rooms change quite a lot though the season (if I had stayed one more night I would have paid double for the second night).

I would stay again and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Aneeka A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I thought the hotel was ok until I was supposed to pay at the final day. The reception guy came with another bill and amount than I had booked. I asked him for the booking confirmation paper I had have him the first day but he just kept on going on to show me his papers with another amount and got very rude and aggressive and told me to pay the amount. I had to go into my PC to find my booking - confirmation paper and showed him this but he just kept on being rude and told me to pay his amount. I then asked for the boss/manager of the hotel and he came. He was far more professional than the guy in the reception and told me he would check the situation. He had to turn on his PC ( which was very slow, so all this took very long time ). After much time he found out that probably the booking agency had put on some extra bills, for example brakfast for me which I didn´t order. In the meanwhile when we were sitting there the reception guy kept on running to us with some hand - wrote bill which he had calculated. He told me " you pay this, ok? ". I didn´t understand where the numbers came from and asked him to wait ( the manager also). But he just kept on yelling and being aggressive. I thought this was really un - proffesional, it seemed like he had some kind of personal benefit if I paid more ( his bill ). Two times he came with his hand - made bill ( which included wrong numbers ). After one hour I got really frustrated, I had a plane to catch. The manager calculated the numbers and came to the same amount as mine booking - confirmation. This episode destroyed my last day in Nice and the hole impression of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank World T

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

St Austell
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked a double room for one night and were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and nicely furnished in the provencal style. The staff were friendly and the hotel is ideally situated. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple