Armenonville Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscharming family run hotelboulevard gambettarooms are spacioustrain stationcity breakold cityhotel is locatedflower marketmin walkpromenadebalconypetsloungingcannes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Good old fashioned service in a good old fashioned hotel. The paintwork may be a little faded here and there but in a place like this that just adds to the charm and its very clean and well kept. Rita, the owner, is very relaxed and helpful - it's her home and she makes you feel very welcome in it. The garden's a tranquil delight for lounging and sunbathing and a room with a balcony is a treat. All in all, very good value. Decent breakfast option too for those willing to pay a little extra.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philby76
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Just came back from the South of France and spent the last night in the Armenonville in Nice - what a mistake!
We selected the hotel based on the the free parking, good reviews and as we love independent charming small hotels, but please don't be fooled with this one. It seems we had the best room after peaking into another room. However, the entire hotel and rooms need a desperate refurb.

Basic, old furniture, bathroom dirty and old looking and the bed - just terrible. Cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and leftovers from previous occupant found in the room.
No lift, so if you stay on the top floor, be prepared to carry your heavy suitcase up the stairs yourself.
However, the hotel itself is situated in a once beautiful building, but now it's just sad and old and cramped in between appartment buildings, so you can have a good look at other peoples appartments.

You can argue it's only a 2star, but the prices charged are just shameless for what you receive.

Location: not as central as you wish and advertised and on the way home we counted 9 prostitutes hanging around this neighbourhood, which may just be a one off as we do not know the area.
Only positive point: free parking, but in the end it may be cheaper to find a nice hotel and put the car into the car park.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelAngel202
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We tremendously enjoyed our stay at this little gem of a hotel in Nice. Tucked away off a side street is what appears to be a petite Chateau, which is as charming inside as out. The staff was genuinely friendly and very helpful with dining suggestions. For two nights, we stayed in a room with a balcony that overlooked the garden. We loved the high ceiling, tall shutters, and overall spaciousness and of course the lovely view of tropical vegetation. For our last night, due to a relatively late reservation, we needed to change to another room - which still gave us a garden view. Both rooms were very clean and simply but tastefully decorated. The staff graciously helped us with moving our luggage from room to room. Every day we breakfasted in the garden, which was a delight and highlighted by good service and food.

We had chosen this hotel due to good reviews, free WIfi and free parking. Hotel parking in Nice is rare. However, we would not hesitate to come back, regardless of our means of travel. Plus, we felt our stay was an excellent value for our money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed here for two nights with our three year old child. We loved it. The house is fairly old, the staircase so bend to one side that it is kind of scary, but it had its own charme and was very clean.
The room was quite big, especially for a triple bedroom, had A/C (which we needed because it was July and brutally hot), and a fairly big bathroom. The owner is a very classy lady, speaks perfect English, is very helpful, and extremely friendly.
Not only the room was very quiet, but also the surroundings of the hotel. It has a garden where you can come anytime and just relax on a lounge chair, but also the breakfast is being served here. The best: it has a shaded section, surrounded by trees, for kids with tons of toys. So, not only can you have a quiet breakfast, but also you can have quiet time, read a book or sunbathe, with your kids nearby being entertained.
The hotel has private parking and is locked up with a gate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Before I booked this hotel, I noticed one or two reviews that were not wholly positive, but I ignored them as they seemed fairly inconsequential. I'm glad I did. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms immaculately clean, and the service is exceptional. The location was excellent as well--close to the beach and within easy striking distance of all the public transportation (both bus and train) we needed. Excellent restaurants and a grocery are also nearby. I felt that the hotel itself and the rooms were very secure--clearly the family running the hotel pays attention to detail! Everyone was also helpful about getting to know Nice.

My daughter and I stayed a week and then returned for a final night before our flight home. I had hurt my back and couldn't carry my very heavy suitcase, and when I asked for help, I got it--with grace, warmth, and understanding. I felt as though I was among friends, not in an impersonal money-making hotel.

Some people might prefer more modern amenities, room service and big fancy rooms, but I would take this hotel over the Negresco any day--right down to the charming resident pets and the wonderful sculptures in the fabulous garden.

When we left, I promised the owners that I would post a review--even though I've never felt compelled to do that before. I hope that they will see this and know that I kept my promise; it's the least I could do for the kindness they extended to my daughter and me and the pleasure we took in their establishment. I hope we will stay at the Armenonville again and have the occasion to spend more time with such lovely hosts.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family