“A hidden gem”
Review of Hotel Cronstadt

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nice
Hotel Cronstadt
Ranked #66 of 204 Hotels in Nice
New York City, New York
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stay at Hotel Cronstadt when in Nice regardless of whether I'm by myself or with my family. There's just no alternative! In my mind you get the best of everything at this place: It's calm and quiet when you're exhausted, a mere stroll from the beach and close to the center too. I bet a lot of tourists miss the modest sign at the street - and it's really their loss! The establishment is small enough to feel hospitable, and yet the wide variety of nationalities that usually stay here makes for a rather unique cultural experience. I'm at a bit of a loss for finding something negative to say really - I guess it'd be nice if the hotel served dinner (i.e. had another 'star') but then again given it's location you're already spoiled for choice when it comes to good food. Same thing with the view: Sure you can't see the beach from your hotel-room but wouldn't you rather be on the beach anyway? All in all, I think hotel Cronstadt is a real gem and it's where I feel I get my money's worth when visiting Nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've stayed here for two nights in July 2014. I was simply delighted by what I found. Large beautifully decorated room. AC & TV. Extremely quite in the compound, with a garden facing window. Absolutely delicious breakfast, fresh cruason, baget , home made jams, cheese, soft boiled eggs. The owner was extremely nice and helpful with getting along and around Nice.
Location is great, right along the promenade.

This is a gem. Not to be missed.

2 Thank avisito98
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Crondstat 5 times in the last 7 years. I keep going back because Joanna is a wonderful hostess and I love being next to Negresco and by the Promenade. Joanna is extremely helpful and the hotel has an old world charm that is very inviting. It is also quiet considering it is in the heart of the action. There are great local restaurants all around, a great cobbler in case you break your shoe, the Post Office in case you need to ship souvenirs and a wonderful beach across the street. What more do you need?

1 Thank Sharona617
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed in Hotel Cronstadt for 2 nights in July '14. The hotel is characterful and the location is perfect for the Promenade des Anglais. Madamme Joanna, the owner, is very welcoming and she provided me with lots of useful advice. The atmosphere is calm and tranquil and because it is set back from the road you can be assured of a good nights' sleep. The breakfast was tasty and good value and personal preferences were accommodated. The boiled eggs were perfect and the home made jams a treat.
Welcome extras, such as towels, beach mats and guides are all available to enhance your stay.
I arrived by bicycle and this was easily accommodated.
I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

1 Thank chris s
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Best location!Next to famous Negresco hotel 50 metres from Promenade des Anglais.
Nice and clean.Wonderful stay.Quiet,since it's inside a courtyard of an office building.
Will return when in Nice.
Merci Joanna.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank parishome m
Ardmore, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were guests at the Cronstadt for 1 nights on the 22nd June 2014.
It was our first time in this very lovely hotel. Hotel Cronstadt is only 20 steps from the Negresco, and we were so happy to have found this little Gem. It is old style French Decor with lovely portraits and artworks. The tranquility and quietness amidst the hussle and bussle of Nice is so appealing in terms of location. It is conveniently situalted again about 10 steps from the Promenade des Anglais & beach and only a short walk along the pedestrian promenade to the Old town. Madame Joanna who owns the hotel along was so sweet and kind to us when we arrived. She is charming, helpful, knowledgeable and most accommodating. Joanna speaks fluent English which was great for us. Our double room was perfect, large clean bed, powerful shower and air conditioning! We didn't have time to sample the breakfast but I'm sure it is fantastic. Nice can be crazy depending on the time of the year, and the Hotel Cronstadt allows for peace, calm and tranquility. Plus, the price is great in view of the fact that it's the Cote d'Azur. It's with a joyful heart that we recommend this hotel! Thank you Madame Joanna & family. Joanna also provides towels and beach mats free of charge to her guests which is a Godsend when travelling with hand luggage. We cannot wait to see you again in the future and love from Ireland - Andrea & Karl

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndreaLark
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've stayed here many times over the years as we visit the french riviera.

The hotel itself is built in a charming french style with decorated ceilings, dark wood details and marble stairs.

Each room is individually furnished and kept very clean. Because the building is shielded from the noisier street it is extremely quiet given the location.

The location is great for us when staying in Nice, close to the water and the city.

My wife and I both love it here !

During our first stay here we did not get the breakfast because we thought that we could find it else where and we did but after looking around it is actually very well priced and it is served with home made jams and bread from a local bakery.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms to pick one that you like ?