“Disgusting Service”

Ranked #90 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Malaga, Spain
“Disgusting Service”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

After staying at the hotel, my cousin and I were disgusted by the treatment by the staff and how dirty our room was. once I returned home we then decided to make a complaint which my cousin did and told me the reception treated her terribly. Therefore I called myself and was treated disgustingly by the receptionist "DAVID" who after asking to speak to the Manager I was told that it was impossible and would't even supply with an email. I then requested how was I to make a complaint he would not answer he pretended not to understand me I then decided to speak Frenc and when I spoke to him in French (I am Belgian native French speaker) her pretended not to understand me, and hung up the phone when calling back on various occasions "DAVID" pretended not to hear me.

I will be calling again to speak to the manager lets see what happens

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The Ambasador Hotel is the perfect place to stay in Nice! Located 1 block from the beach, 1 block to many cafe's, close to the tram and close to Old Town. The hotel has very nice size rooms and is very clean. The adorable manager, Andreas, was very helpful and knowledgeable as was the entire staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
athens
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Let the traveller beware! We had booked for a double "ambassador" room via the hotel's authorised agent, Gala Hotels. This was more expensive than the plain double room so we assumed we would get a slightly better than standard room. When we checked in at 20h30 it was dark and we did not see that our room window faced onto a crumbling, dilapidated wall of the adjoining building. The next day when we queried the calibre of the room we were given, we were informed by the hotel reception that we had to take it up with "our" booking agent and although we had paid the extra amount they were not going to do anything about it. When I showed them that the booking confirmation referred to an "ambassador" type room they informed me that as Gala hotels (their authorised agent) had booked a standard room, they would not do anything about it. This was particularly frustrating as we had booked for a week and the money had been deducted from our credit card for the full stay, without cancellation recourse.

I agree with Bcaplan, one would do better to avoid this establishment. It seems they have a modus operandi whereby they give their worst rooms to guests who are not able to walk away.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Kielce, Poland
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Ambassador is a very good hotel, near the beach in Nice. Near this hotel are a lots of restaurans and pubs. Very nice people work there and there are a very good rooms. Good breakfast too. I will back there next year with my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Nice is so beautiful, she will almost make you forget that you have to go back to this dump at the end of the day. The employees are friendly but useless. We were put into our hovel around 8 pm and the night manager was powerless to change accommodations. The room was small,dirty, and dilapidated with peeling paint, ineffectual A/C, insects and a lovely view of the abandoned building beside the hotel (you can see a little sky from the room if you crane your neck really hard and look straight up). When we informed the day manager in the morning, he said he would be happy to switch rooms for an additional $80. Keep in mind, my wife and I are generally not too picky and have stayed in every kind of hotel imaginable from zero star hostels in NYC and Amsterdam to five star resorts in Hawaii and London. The Ambassador did not ruin our vacation and I would have been happy to pay $40 for the room.....$160, however, was a bit much. Spend some extra cash and go someplace nice.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Bcaplan
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Spent four nights here in July 2012, room 404, and although some of the decor and fittings may be a bit dated my overall impression was of a clean and friendly hotel. The location is excellent, close to Nice Old Town, bus links and trams and two minutes walk to the seafront. It can be a little noisey if there is a concert in the park opposite. From arrival to departure all the staff were pleasant and helpful, our room was cleaned and bedding and towels changed every day. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and the breakfast bar was replenished very quickly if anything was needed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed as a honeymooning couple for 2 nights in mid-later September 2011. While the hotel is pretty on the outside, the room (room 105 or 8 at the back of the hotel, I forget) was pretty shabby. We were not expecting much as we had stayed in 2-3 stars all month long in London, Paris, Juan les Pins, but this was the worst place we stayed all trip.
Pluses: Location. Close to beach, old town Nice and the Citadel. Great food and cafes on the 2 pedestrian only roads behind the hotel. The internet was free and worked well. Staff were friendly, but not proactive as we had to ask for everything like password for internet, toilet paper, breakfast info, where to leave the massive key when we left the hotel.
Minuses: The staff seemed confused finding our reservations and eventually put us in a room at the back on the 1st floor. The room was closer to a hostel quality, had 2 twin beds pushed together, there was no toilet paper and the shower/ bath had no curtain, so water went everywhere if you used the shower. There were burnt out light bulbs and the room was in need of serious work. While I was not horrified as I kind of expected this after the reviews, I would not stay here again. We had better hotels for the same price ($120-130EUR ish) everywhere we stayed, so don't bother.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing the back (north) on the first floor. Maybe the street/ sea facing ones are...