“March 2014”

Ranked #89 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Brisbane
“March 2014”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great position around 200 metres from Gare Nice Ville, great showers and beds, good security, friendly staff and most of all fantastic atmosphere, had a ball for 4 days, wil be back. The wifi is not great but ok, on Friday evening they supply snacks and drinks, kitchen is effective but not flash

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Avignon, France
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The staff in this hostel/hotel were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. We were in a large group, they were very accommodating, they even reimbursed us when two of girls had to leave unexpected due to illness.

Free degustation of wine, olives and nuts in the evening was such a bonus!

Great hostel, lovely staff and well worth the money. Good location too, a little far from Vieux Nice but the walk there is so lovely anyway that there is nothing to complain about!

Room Tip: The bigger rooms have a fridge!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed in this hostel for two weeks over the summer. On my first night, I made a huge amount of new friends because in the downstairs common areas (complete with a row of pubic computers, full-use kitchen, tables, chairs, couches and an outdoor patio) are basically used as party rooms. Any given night over the summer I could walk downstairs and be surrounded by many young backpackers exploring Europe. That's where I should say this place is not really for older folk; it is great for twenty-somethings.

There is free wifi throughout the hostel and if you don't leave anything on your bed, they'll change the sheets for you and leave you a fresh towel. They have pasta nights every few days where for 2 or 3 euros you can have a huge serving of delicious pasta and champagne. They also have champagne nights where free champagne is served and they play music.

The hostel is a few minutes' walk from the train station and a block away from the tram line, although I usually walked to the old town and beaches (20-25 minutes). I never had any problems walking around the area by myself any time of day. When I booked, I accidentally set the date a day short, so I was booted out of my room because management thought I had checked out. When I explained that I needed an extra night, they gave me a bed in a nicer room for the same price.

I had a great experience at Hotel Antares. Thank you for a wonderful 2 weeks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Rognes, France
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel staff here are extremely kind and helpful and extend far beyond their duties in terms of creating a positive environment. We received all kinds of lovely extras here that we had not at all expected. The rooms were clean and simple with well sized and clean bathrooms. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nice, France
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It was a bless to stay here. The room was good, everything was neat and clean, the wifi was very fast. I found it nice that it was both a hostel and a hotel at the same time, because the rooms were like in any other hotel, but it had the hostel athmosphere, which i personally love. The staff went above our expectations, giving us advice of what theres to see and do in Nice and the surrounding villages among other things. With having the knowledge of everything that was around Nice, it was very nice having the hotel of the opposite side of the main train station in Nice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was good, not to close to the common areas, and very quite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked in a 8 bed dorm for 3 nights, and when we arrived they gave us a private room for the same price. The room was big, quiet and had TV and private bathroom. The common areas are great : the kitchen is big and really clean, the computer room is really useful, and the courtyard is nice. The staff was really nice with us : they gave us coffee for free every morning of our stay and were really helpful to give us informations about the city. I really recommend this hostel to everyone !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Such a great Hostel! Almost looks like a hotel and the rooms were very clean with comfortable beds offering good sleep. The price is great for all the accomodations. The owner of the hostel held FREE apperetif almost every other night with free chips and snacks along with wine and other mixed drinks going out of his way to ensure all guests enjoyed their stay! On the other nights there was a huge Spaghetti Party offered for a low price of several euros that included all you could eat pasta dish with wine. A very great ad fun way to meet many people from all over! The location is perfect close to everything you want to be next too and not far from the beach. The train station is across the street making access to other locations very easy. The workers at this hostel were extremely helpful and nice and a lot of help giving information. Overall this hostel was perfect and I would highly recommend it while staying in Nice!!! I loved the outdoor area/patio where you could have your breakfast outside.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple