“Great location, good pasta”
Review of Hotel Antares

Hotel Antares
Ranked #87 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great location, good pasta”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Being located within 150m of the train station was a major plus for me. 20min walk to the beach could be cut short by the tram for €1,50 per ride or a day pass for €5.

Rooms were quite serviceable. Mine had large cages under the beds for secure storage, with locks available from the front desk for a deposit. Bathroom was a little grungy, but not too bad.

They offer spaghetti nights often (every other night?) for 3 euro, great value and a great way to meet fellow travelers.

One problem: when I was assigned a room upon checking in, I wasn't assigned a bed. I just took one. But everyone else seemed to have a bed number assigned. Overall, the staff doesn't really seem to care that much. There are posted signs all over the lobby telling us that we should leave our keys at reception while we're out of the hostel. However, nobody ever actually asked me to do so, and the one time I did it anyway, on return they just gave me the room key without any verification of who I was or what room I was in. So, lock up your stuff in those great cages, because security at the desk is quite lax.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great location, service, rooms and facilities. Evening events were nice and a good way to meet other young travellers around the world. Only minus is that the kitchen was really crowded at the evenings and there were pretty many kitchen supplies unavailable (such as food processor, olive oil, oven, whisk and sieve). All in all a great place to stay and would stay again. Recommend especially to young people!

• Stayed July 2014
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spend 6 nights at this hotel which was quite enough I would say.

The staff is very friendly and they know all about Nice and activities.

The room for two people was big and with air conditioning wich was a plus for us. Also, it was very quiet from the outside... The inside well... you're in a hostel so there is a lot of students and young people partying.

The worst part of this hotel is that when we checked in I was wondering why there were so many people sitting in the stairs near the lobby. The answer was there is no wifi in the room. I was surprise by the receptionnist response when I complained about no WIFI in the room:

''Well me, I can see it is working properly from here -.-

Our room was very dirty, there was HAIR, hair and hair everywhere!!! In the bed, on the floor, in the toilet, that was the most disgusting part.

Good luck if you stay there. I,m sure there is better place around for the same price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hostel is very clean and organised . Service is very kind, nice and helpful .location is great! Train station just 2 min walk. I will be definitely back there with my friends if I will be back to France again !:)

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I really have good time in this hostel. Great people and good staff. The hostel is very central to all places. Not far from Old town and beach. Hostel is for the people who love to party alot. The common area is big and nice. I really recommend the hostel for young party people :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

A good hostel with friendly staff, good facilities and clean. A bit of a walk to the beach but it's through the main shopping centre and the tram is right there anyway. Would stay again and recommend it.

1 Thank Geneva L
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fun spaghetti parties were hosted in the evenings for a cheap price. I enjoyed meeting loads of people! I think, compared to other hostels I've been to, it was too big and therefore a bit clicky, but all in all it was easy to make friends. The cleaning staff were quick, efficient and friendly.