All reviews up to date would stay here again min walk excellent location lidl receptionist bath fridge promenade airport
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my son and I, for two nights. I arrived in the late afternoon and was met by a friendly receptionist, who was happy to explain breakfast arrangements etc.
Our third floor room was a bit old fashioned and tired looking but it was very clean and the twin beds were spotless and comfortable.
The bathroom was comprehensively equipped with a bath, shower (mixer type), basin and bidet. Once again it was old but kept very clean. The flooring looked grubby but basically this was due to age and it was actually clean too.
The is a fridge in the room and this is a great addition, however there were no tea or coffee facilities.
Best of all though was the excellent air conditioning. After my 20 minute walk from Gare Nice de Ville, this was a godsend!
Would I book again? Absolutely. The friendly helpful staff, excellent location, cleanliness and air con more than make up for the tired decor.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GarryJW
hotel_locarno, Responsable réception at Hotel Locarno, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Locarno
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Nice for a week & I was quite worried about the hotel after reading reviews about the rooms but we arrived and were told we had been upgraded. The room was up to date and comfortable. We did have to ask them to empty the fridge as it had old things from previous guests but the lady from the maid service cleared it straight away when we mentioned it. We had a balcony overlooking the road which was fine as we knew it was on a road, we could see the sea and it is a 5 min walk down to the promenade. Lidl is also only across the road. We didn’t take breakfast service we just sorted ourselves out. We only had one lot of coffee with the kettle in our room for the stay but we didn’t mind, I’m sure they would have given us more had we asked. The receptionists were also very friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here, There is no pool but I already knew that and really didn’t mind. I would stay here again definitely. It’s really just like a holiday inn room really which is comfy!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenB3382
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Locarno is locatet 20-25 minutes of walking from old town citycenter, the hotel itself is ok, room we had was a little bit small but it had integrated ac, comfortable beds and a bathroom with shower ore/and bathtub everything clean and nice.
Wifi in room included in price.
Breakfast , american pancake and scrambled eggs, coffe and tea with croisants ore other kinds of bread, cheese and ham and boiled eggs, ok for me.
Some restaurants close to hotel, some good and some not so good.
Staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim O
ANNA B, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Locarno, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Locarno

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 May 2018

On a recent visit back to Nice through Easyjet, this was the hotel i opted for. It is located literally 3 minutes walk from the Promenade de Anglais which is great for seeing Nice and just taking a walk. Be wary of the roads however as they get busy in rush hour. This makes it very accessible via public transport from the Airport (use the 98/99 Aerobus to Grosso CUM) and its about a 15mins walk from the train station.

It is what it is, simple but clean, the rooms reasonably equipped but small (the shower was smallest ive seen in a while). But it makes an affordable base from which to explore Nice and the wider Cote D'Azur. Reccomend if in need of a simple and solid place to rest up. Credit to the staff too who were also very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2018

You get what you pay for with this hotel. It's clean, comfortable and relatively inexpensive - for three friends staying in one room (3 single beds) it was very good value. Breakfasts are plentiful, and staff very friendly and helpful (especially Carla).

On the downside, don't expect too many frills - only one power point in the room, no plugs for sink or bath, no proper shower fixture - just hand held. Though close to the promenade, it's a long way from the areas you're likely to want to get to as a tourist - old town, harbour, rail station - although buses stop right outside. Quite handy for the Hotel Negresco though, if you fancy a posh meal out.

Room Tip: Room 100 contains 3 single beds
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends