All reviewsno elevatornarrow stairsold townlovely little hotelgaribaldi squaresmall hotelminute walkairport bustram stopthe location is perfectbars and restaurantsyogurtluggagewallpaperfrancestopsshutters
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We were greeted with a complimentary glass or wine/juice. Our room #100 was located on the first floor - above the entrance and breakfast room. We had a lovely view of the front street - windows were well insulated for noise and had shutters for closing at night. The room was compact including a double bed, 2 chairs, and a small writing table in front of the window and had a refrigerator, safe, wifi, air conditioning and a delightfully small but lovely bathroom with a hot shower - all were "very clean", tiny patio on roof top. It was close to buses and trams and the multitude of small winding streets of the Old City. There is also a small grocery store/pharmacy and multitude of small shops and restaurants very close by. Staff could not have been more helpful. Breakfast was a delight and well worth the cost of $8.50 ea. - hot boiled eggs with little hats each morning, coffee/tea/juice/milk/fresh fruit/cheeses/meats/cereals/breads/jams and you could eat inside or outside. My husband and I just loved staying at this location. Easy bus ride from the airport - take a 98 bus and get off at the Girabaldy Square stop and it's very short walk.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 100 which is one flight up and it faced the street - it was very clean and quiet and had a nice view. The room had air conditioning but we didn't need to use it. Lovely window opening onto street. If you are visiting museums check to see if they are open before going. We loved Nice and we loved this quaint hotel and staff and would definitely return.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LandBP4344
DirectionRivoli, Owner at Hotel Villa La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you so much for your time spended in making such a precise discription of our hotel and many thanks for the compliments - it's a hugh motivation for all of us.
Merciiii.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here in May 2011. As far as the room furnishings and linens go, it was what you would expect. The rooms were small and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location, however, was fantastic. We really enjoyed the old town location. Also, it is close to bus and tram stops. Cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Located in the heart of Vieux Nice ("old town"), this hotel delivers good value. The guest room was very small, but had a comfortable bed, good lighting, and a little balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the little street called rue LaTour. They do a nice buffet breakfast for 8.5 Euro, too. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the owner, Barbara, was especially so. For solo travelers, I'd recommend spending a few extra Euros and getting a double room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I was originally slated to visit Nice and stay at the Hotel Villa La Tour in the spring of 2010, but the eruption of Eyjafjallajokul made that impossible. Hotel Villa La Tour kindly allowed me at short notice to move my reservation out to an indefinite future travel date, which finally came to pass this fall.

My room was spacious, by small European room standards. It was room 204 and the toilet, shower, and sink were ingeniously fitted into the room itself. I wasn't sure what to expect with that type of setup, but it was great. Everything was well placed and it didn't feel wacky or claustrophobic. The room also offered an armoire, flat-panel TV, chair, small bedside table, and a window that opened out to an interior courtyard where the hotel has its laundry facilities.

The staff spoke English, as well as French, and everyone was terrifically helpful.

As far as location, I feel it is ideal. A short walk deeper into the old town, to the tram, bus lines, museums, the sea/beach, and more. I really couldn't have hoped for a better location. Deeper in the old town would not have been ideal for me as I wanted quick and easy access to the tram and major bus lines, as I had quite a few day trips planned on public transit.

From the Villa La Tour, I easily used the tram, bus, and/or train to visit Menton, Monaco, Villefranche, Eze, Vence, St. Paul de Vence, Grasse, Cassis and the Calanques, Entrevaux, and Dignes.

Within a truly short walk from the hotel are two sundries shops, plenty of cafes and restaurants, and shops selling local spices, scented soaps or other regional souvenirs, and more.

Wonderful stay and I would happily return again, in addition to recommending to friends, family, and you!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in early October. A great hotel in the Old Town area. Very friendly staff. Accomadating. Walking distance to great restaurants (Turin Cafe), the sea, bus lines and of course Old Town. Room was good sized with lots charm. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Send e-mail to hotel and ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple