“Brilliant Place”

Ranked #9 of 52 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Melbourne, Australia
“Brilliant Place”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Headed here after checking out early of another Nice hostel and I couldnt have been happier with my stay. Dorms were clean and well-equipped, excellent value for money, facilities were good, but most importantly the staff go out of their way to ensure the hostel has a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Offering out free wine and food every night, pasta nights, etc. all combined to make this place a blast. Highly recommend Baccarat despite the sketchy neighbourhood...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel had a very convenient location if you were arriving from the train station. Also close to many shops, restaurants, the tram, and not a far walk from the most amazing beach EVER. We encountered several people at the front desk and all of them were extremely helpful. I was traveling with my boyfriend and when we arrived we had immediately been upgraded to a private double although we had only paid for a 6 person dorm. The room was good sized, super clean, had a nice large flat screen tv, which is not common in hostels. Everything worked well, especially the a/c, which is crucial in the summer heat. We wanted to stay a second night but unfortunately they were booked. They did, however, allow us to stow our bags there and use their computers for as long as we needed to, they even offered us to go there for a shower if we went to the beach. I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The best part of the hotel is that its just a stone's throw away from the station. The staff is very helpful. They also have small get together's every evening (we were out most of the time so we couldn't attend). The rooms are small, but clean. The ACs functioned well and were needed given the summer heat.Free internet access everywhere and a nice kitchen.We stayed in a private room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

An amazing hostel! The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The room was cleaned daily, free internet and a big kitchen, really cannot go wrong with this hostel! Had complimentary champagne a couple of nights in a row where all visitors in the hostel were able to mix. It was in great proximity to the main station -Gare du Nice SNCF. Everything was great, my friends and I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Get rooms with an extra bed if you're in a big group, there isn't that much room for suitcas...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed by myself in Nice for a week, and had made reservations at this hotel to stay in the 10 person dorm. Upon arrival, the man at the desk seemed to have taken a liking to me, seeing as he said he had a surprise for me, and upgraded my dorm to a private single room for no extra charge. That was very nice, seeing as a private bathroom was what I wanted, but being alone, I was hoping to make some friends on my travels. Being alone in my room prevented me from doing that, and so I ended up meeting very few people. The cleaning service was poor, seeing as it consisted of changing the towels and (sometimes) taking out the garbage. Overall, it was good for the money I payed, but I would have rather stayed in a noisy dorm and met sone people.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank LeDinozavre
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The hostel staff is very welcoming, especially that one guy who is probably the owner of that place. The rooms were not very clean and the bathrooms were not cleaned everyday. The maids would also just pop out of nowhere at 9 am and start ccleaning the rooms.... There are some kind of cage-lockers you can use to store your important stuff, but make sure you bring a big lock like the ones you had in high school. Overall it was a nice place to stay at, but not the best.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in Hotel Baccarat for 3 nights in a 6-bed dorm. The room was very cramped for 6 adults and it could nearly hold all our backpacks and luggages. They had an attached toilet which was decently clean but equally cramped.

The internet connection down in the common area is quite inconsistent so don't count it too much. On top of that, the rest of the hotel is pretty decent, with average staff (pretty lukewarm), decent atmosphere at the bar and good security.

I only recommend to stay here if you can't find a cheaper accommodation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple