“Great location”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Baccarat
Ranked #7 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Great hostel, very well located next to the train station and the main shopping street. Staff were very helpful and there was free wifi. If you are on a budget I would definitely recommend the pasta and wine night (held every second night) all the pasta, red wine and popcorn you want to eat and I great way to meet other travelers. Old town and beach were too far away either. The other doenside were the cleaning staff trying to get into our room each morning between 8.30-10am and they were also sitting on the floor outside the rooms and chatting very early!! That aside I would highly recommend the private rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Only stayed here a night in a six bed dorm which was pretty decent. In a good location and pretty cheap. Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, good service, but the lift only sometimes works so be prepared to lug your bags about

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Headed here after checking out early of another Nice hostel and I couldnt have been happier with my stay. Dorms were clean and well-equipped, excellent value for money, facilities were good, but most importantly the staff go out of their way to ensure the hostel has a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Offering out free wine and food every night, pasta nights, etc. all combined to make this place a blast. Highly recommend Baccarat despite the sketchy neighbourhood...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel had a very convenient location if you were arriving from the train station. Also close to many shops, restaurants, the tram, and not a far walk from the most amazing beach EVER. We encountered several people at the front desk and all of them were extremely helpful. I was traveling with my boyfriend and when we arrived we had immediately been upgraded to a private double although we had only paid for a 6 person dorm. The room was good sized, super clean, had a nice large flat screen tv, which is not common in hostels. Everything worked well, especially the a/c, which is crucial in the summer heat. We wanted to stay a second night but unfortunately they were booked. They did, however, allow us to stow our bags there and use their computers for as long as we needed to, they even offered us to go there for a shower if we went to the beach. I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The best part of the hotel is that its just a stone's throw away from the station. The staff is very helpful. They also have small get together's every evening (we were out most of the time so we couldn't attend). The rooms are small, but clean. The ACs functioned well and were needed given the summer heat.Free internet access everywhere and a nice kitchen.We stayed in a private room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

An amazing hostel! The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The room was cleaned daily, free internet and a big kitchen, really cannot go wrong with this hostel! Had complimentary champagne a couple of nights in a row where all visitors in the hostel were able to mix. It was in great proximity to the main station -Gare du Nice SNCF. Everything was great, my friends and I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Get rooms with an extra bed if you're in a big group, there isn't that much room for suitcas...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed by myself in Nice for a week, and had made reservations at this hotel to stay in the 10 person dorm. Upon arrival, the man at the desk seemed to have taken a liking to me, seeing as he said he had a surprise for me, and upgraded my dorm to a private single room for no extra charge. That was very nice, seeing as a private bathroom was what I wanted, but being alone, I was hoping to make some friends on my travels. Being alone in my room prevented me from doing that, and so I ended up meeting very few people. The cleaning service was poor, seeing as it consisted of changing the towels and (sometimes) taking out the garbage. Overall, it was good for the money I payed, but I would have rather stayed in a noisy dorm and met sone people.

• Stayed: August 2011