“THE BEST HOTEL FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE CENTER OF NICE”
Review of Hotel Baccarat

Hotel Baccarat
Ranked #7 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Reviewed 23 May 2013

this is so far the best hotel I have been around the world.
Staff is solo friendly that you immediately feel like a part of the family. They help you outside of their working hours and dont hesitate to help you to settle in the town if you looking for a long stay.
As for the hotel itself, there are FREE CHAMPAGNE PARTY every night starting half May, ending in September. Honestly, all champagne is free all the time. So while you socialising you meet so many people because the common room is obviously full when there is free drink. I personally made some truly wonderful friendships and I felt there like it was my second home.
Kitchen is really spacious and well equipped, rooms are clean and you get FREE TOWELS.
The hotel is located just 1 minute walk from the train station and walking distance to the historical centre and the beach. The best location actually as you often want to visit surrounding cities such as Cannes, Monaco etc...so train is just second away as well as supermarket where you can buy all you grocery and cook it in the hotel
I have no doubts to recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Nice.
It is my number 1 hotel in the world so far.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My son Reid Linklater booked into Hostel Bacarate in Nice France., took a private room, put his things in the room and went out. When he returned to his private locked room he found the room had been entered and he had been robbed of his I-phone, I-pad, Canadian passport and 375 euros. The management was little or no help and the cleaning lady was not available. Warning! Do not stay at the Bacarat Hostel in Nice France, as there is clearly an inside robbery job in place here. Do not stay here . You could be robbed even when you leave your private room locked!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this Hostel, you will have your room entered and they willl rob you, travel warning...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank rosslinklater
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I really liked the atmosphere of the hostel. A good room for a fair price. I would recommend it definitly! The staff was really nice and the hostel was near the train station, the restaurants and the big avenue. I particulary likes the decoration.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank miluuuuuu
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Decent budget choice. Staff was courteous. Comfortable, overall clean (we did see some bugs), loud and seemed to be a backpacker's hotspot, which is fine with us although that's not our scene. It was kind of loud and in the next room over a bunch of kids were doing shots and having a party, which was kind of annoying. Some street noise too. Overall, we are fine with that though since we were out all day and when we came back to sleep, were tired enough that it didn't disturb us too much. Might disturb others, though. Had a little kitchen area which was cute and nice to hang out in. Location was close to the train station, which was helpful, and several blocks from the beach but definitely walkable. The AC was a little weird, couldn't always get a consistent temperature, but at least it worked. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but it definitely saved us some money on our trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This place was awesome! It had the best vibe from any hostel I stayed during my time in Europe. The place is HUGE! It actually connects with another hostel, and they form an UBER HOSTEL. It has lounge rooms for days! The kitchen is nice and I met loads of cool people. We didnt get the free pasta or champagne, but drinks are cheap in Nice anyways. I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel, its clean, its fun, and its cheap! Oh, and WAYNES BAR IS THE PLACE TO BE!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This place was totally amazing and by far one of the best places I have stayed at in the last 7 months of travelling.
We arrived at 6 am, after 24 hours of terrible trains trips from Munich, and we instantly got upgraded from a dorm to a private room. The staff just understood that all we were after was a good sleep and they definitely made sure we were comfortable.
The rooms was a perfect size and a comfortable temperature.
The hotel has many communal areas, kitchen, outside eating area and a few eating/sitting rooms. They are all very clean and very easy to use.
The staff are FANTASTIC! They all will help with anything you need (we even got some parcels delivered there and they were completely ok with it)
The location is great, around the corner from the main road and very excess able to the beach.
This place oozes atmosphere and we made a lot of friends while we were there.
We decided to spend and extra night there as well, for one more comfortable nights sleep.
WiFi and Internet is great too.
I have nothing bad to say about this place, so I would recommend this hotel 100%

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikkibaddeley
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Great hostel, very well located next to the train station and the main shopping street. Staff were very helpful and there was free wifi. If you are on a budget I would definitely recommend the pasta and wine night (held every second night) all the pasta, red wine and popcorn you want to eat and I great way to meet other travelers. Old town and beach were too far away either. The other doenside were the cleaning staff trying to get into our room each morning between 8.30-10am and they were also sitting on the floor outside the rooms and chatting very early!! That aside I would highly recommend the private rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2012