“Quite clean, good location, goof facilities.”
Review of Hotel Baccarat

Hotel Baccarat
Ranked #7 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a good hostel for students- the 3 euro pasta nights were a great way of meeting other young people. The 'chill out room' was excellent for having evening parties in too and the owner even provided some free champagne! The rooms themselves are ok- the blankets needed washed and smelt a bit musty and my friend's sheet had 'interesting' white stains! I was in a room of 12 and the bathroom only had 2 showers so bathroom sharing was quite hectic. There are no lockers in the rooms and whilst I personally didn't have a problem, I heard that someone's bag had gone missing in another room during my stay so I wouldn't leave any valuables there. Good cooking facilities, very near to the station, a supermarket and about 15mins walk from the beach. I probably wouldn't go back but It's good for a few fun nights in Nice, particularly if you're a student. If you're looking somewhere quiet it's not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Baccarat

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived here to stay with a few friends just last week. Was just across from the main train station and close to a super market.

We were just meant to stay here for 2 days and decided to book an extra night because we enjoyed it so much!

We stayed in an 8 bed mixed room and met some lovely people. There was a kitchen and a common area for everyone to use and was a great way to meet people.

Our towels were changed daily and our room cleaned. The staff were very nice and very helpful. There was a curfew from 3 am which is acceptable! We had no trouble sleeping and had a safe time here.

The wifi was a bit slow in some places but they offered free use on computers for as long as we needed.

Would recommend it to anyone! For the price we paid it was the best hostel by far :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel was awesome. The girl working reception gave us tons of information and recommendations of things to do. The hostel itself had great kitchen facilities and a very cute courtyard for eating dinner in. The lounge area was great for meeting people and was a great atmosphere. One night we stayed there the hostel was organizing a "champagne night" in which between four people we had FIVE bottles of champagne....for FREE!! The man running the bar was super friendly and was handing out champagne all night to everyone in the hostel! It was a great way for everyone to meet each other and go out afterwards. The rooms were very spacious and had ensuite bathrooms. I had friends that checked in on a later date who got upgraded to a private four person room for no cost. All around a great place to stay!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MaryBeth M
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay in a 8 mixed dormitory with my other half and the lady kindly moved us to a 6 bed because there were couples in there as well, which we really appreciated! They had pasta nights on which encouraged guests to socialise and they went down really well with all guests.
The hotel is so close to the station it was a great relief and it was in a lovely location with lots of surrounding bars and restaurants. It was north of the seafront but the walk wasn't far and very direct which led you to see all the main square etc.
I would definitely recommend and come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were sharing a mixed dorm of 6 and very particularly hesitant about the cleanliness earlier on - but the hostel was clean,cheap and comfortable stay i would say. It's right across the train station .Walking distance from the old town - where you have all the great restaurants and of course the beach. However, we had to wait quite a bit for check in - as if I remember correctly we had landed there a little earlier. One important point to register was that the same night we were staying there was reported a robbery in the hostel where one of the people checked in had fled off which luggage of their room-mates. So need to be careful and keep your luggage locked.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Polite, friendly and cheap. What's not to like.
Free sparkling wine evenings made for noisy evenings when it's on. But not overly late and to be expected in a hostel.
Also 3 Euro pasta with wine evenings made for cheap filling nights in !
Might have just been lucky but all other guests during my stay where without exception really nice and friendly.
One v small shower room / toilet without shower curtain for dorm of 10 was the only slight annoyance.
All in all good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Curtis164
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I can't say enough about the staff, they are super friendly on arrival, organised and helpfull. Check in is a grease. The elevator has a sign on it saying out of order yet they were nice enough to let us put our bags in and send them up to the second floor. So I'm not sure what's really wrong with it or they just don't want people using it. Now I'm not sure wether it was just our room or if it's similar for other but the first thing we noticed was the smell. Grose, damp mouldy smell that stunk the whole room out. The rooms are small and dark, no bed lights, only one light for the whole room. A pulled open my towel to have a shower and a large clump of long black hair came out o I'm not sure wether the towel was actually clean all not. The bed my friend was going to choose had sheets on that had not been washed and some kind of body fluid on them. The bathroom walls are mouldy and same with the bath mat. The toilet and basin was reasonably clean and the rooms were pretty quiet. They also strangely had only three lockers for a 6bed dorm so you have to be in first. The kitchen is also a bit dirty, and doesn't have enough basic utensils like knifes and cups. The thing that made staying here enjoyable was the cool people you meet. On our last night there they had a pasta night where you pay three euro for pasta and wine, a great way to get people mixing and mingleing from a joining hostels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends