“Surprisingly nice”
Review of Hotel Trocadero

Hotel Trocadero
Ranked #94 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 22 February 2008

After some of the negative things I read here I was a bit worried so I was delighted when I arrived to find that the whole hotel had been newly renovated. It was spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly. Quiet at night also so I slept well. I only paid 35 euros a night so definitely a bargain. My only complaint is that my shower water wasn't very hot on 2 out of 3 mornings.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 January 2008

One of the receptionists was incredibly rude and racist. The door to our room could not open one night we came back and he blamed us, we could only argue until he grudgingly let us stay in a hotel next door, which was so much better. Just one of those places which make your holiday so bad.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2007

We spent two nights at the hotel Trocadero in Nice. We wandered in to see if they had a room available and the price. By the time we'd finished talking to the lovely lady behind the desk we would have paid anything she asked.

It was in a good spot a block from the train station - a long but lovely walk to the beach. Heaps of cheap restaurants to eat in the area.

Big simple room, with a nice blue bathroom. Huge opening windows.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2007

This hotel came recommended from friends who had stayed at Trocadero when they couldn't find a hostel in Nice. For the price of 55 euros a night, Trocadero is tolerable. But in a beautiful location like the Cote d'Azur, I wish my boyfriend & I had upgraded to a better hotel.

Trocadero is shabby. There are no phones in the room, and barely any blankets on the bed. Other than a bed, there is no extra furniture. The bathroom is perfectly modern (a nice surprise) and it is a 2 minute walk from the Nice train station. This made it easy to go into Monaco and Cannes, but since it was a sketchy neighbourhood, I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking in the area late at night. The service staff are snobby and rude, and some of the rooms were being renovated starting at 8 am in the morning. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone except college students looking for a cheap find.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2007

I spent 2 nights in the Trocadero hotel with 3 friends of mine.
Since we were travelling by train, we were very glad for such a short walk with heavy luggage, and our room was clean and confortable except that the bathroom window was locked and there was no exhaust fan...
Since the hotel is close to the train station an to the sexy shop and night club area, we did not feel so safe when coming back to the hotel late at night.
The hotel staff was not friendly at all.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here in Aug of 04. It's a nice place it is by the main street and maybe a 20-30 min walk to the beach. However, it's right by restaurants and shops. The room itself was nice, the bathroom was a nice size. The price isn't too bad either. Great place, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristine Ann W
Reviewed 7 November 2006

Nice hotel. Staff were very friendly and spoke good english. Paid 42 euros (w/o breakfast) Hotel location is 2mins from Gare de Ville de Nice making it easy to go everywhere w/o taking the bus.

The only complain I have is that the bathroom is way too small!!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple