“A great hotel in a fabulous location”

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Ranked #3 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“A great hotel in a fabulous location”
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Having stayed there previously we had such a great time we decided to return for my birthday treat.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, especially the front desk and roomservice.
On my birthday we found a lovely cake and a card in the room when we returned in the evening.
The location is fabulous. Try to get a room overlooking the sea. Despite being right on the Promenade des Anglais it is very quiet.
It is only minutes away from the town centre and the old town,
and there are some great little caffees in the back streets behind the Hotel.

The breakfast buffet can get a bit monotonous after a few days and there was a difference in the quality of cooking at the weekend, perhaps the regular breakfast chef was on his days off.
We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustymiller44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 December 2009

This hotel is in a great location right on the water. The property is quite modern and very well maintained. The staff in the restaurant was very nice, but Concierge service could have been a little better.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
cheshire
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Like everything in life you pay for what you get and here you get the best of everything!
The staff are fantastic and service 10/10 thats why I have spent my holidays there since it opened 7 years ago its my home abroad. Location second to none.The views of the med and the sunsets are out of this world. The piano bar is cosy yet sophistcated with great music. This hotel beats any other even the new 5star one on Victor Hugo which has no views what so ever. Great great great!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank sloaneCheshire
Brisbane
Reviewed 20 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at Le Palais for 3 nights during our honeymoon. It was a refreshing change from the small boutique hotel we stayed in Paris for 5 nights.

The hotel is large, clean and the room was a good size for European standards. We had a king size bed and on arrival, they had a bottle of champagne waiting for us to celebrate our honeymoon.
The bathroom was lovely and again big for European standards and had really nice bathroom products.

We had a balcony which had a view of the neighbouring buildings. We didn't really care that we didn't have a great view as we only stayed in the room after a long day of sightseeing and walking.

The gentleman at the concierge desk was the friendliest and most helpful person not to mention a French person. He strongly recommended for us to visit a small medieval village on our way to Monte Carlos by bus. It was the best thing we did cos the bus trip was pleasant as it traveled up the mountain along the coast line so we had awesome views and dropped us off right outside of the village. We spent a couple of hours there and then caught the next bus to Monte Carlos. We had a fantastic day overall and thanks to our concierge, we didn't get lost finding the bus stop and the right bus to catch.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as it wasn't included in our rate but we tried different nearby cafes that had pretty good deals and food. Because Nice is near Italy, there's lots of coffee shops run by Italians serving great Italian coffees. For dinner, we tried great pizza places nearby as well.

The hotel has a heated pool, steam room and a small gym. My husband and I used the gym daily and I also used the pool. It was in winter but it was lovely and warm and I didn't feel the cold one bit.

Overall, our stay at Le Palais was excellent and when we return to Nice, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fattibumba
London
Reviewed 5 November 2009

This hotel is well positioned and has large rooms and bathrooms. On the first day of our stay we came back at 4.30 and the room had still not been made up, although when I called housekeeping they came immediately. The pool is small and the breakfast and restaurant very expensive; breakfast was 54 € for 2.
The rooms are lovely as is the bathroom, the staff are friendly, polite and helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank judiko
San Mateo Ca
Reviewed 4 November 2009

After years of 2 or 3 star hotels, on our eighth visit to Nice we decided to splurge and try the Palais across from the ocean promenade, close to the restaurant pedestrian street and on the express local bus line to the airport. Not really close to the train station or old town but walkers won't mind. Also, the tourist information is just one block away.
With a "best deal" option (B and B) the price was not too bad (weak dollar, of course). Everything in the hotel is spacious from the expansive open lobby to the hallways leading to the large rooms with large baths (separate toilets). Even the no view terraces were large. If you like modern decor, this is the place for you. Certainly no old world charm.
Breakfast was also extensive including English, American and French fare (there was even a bowl of ratatouille sp?). The fresh breads to cut your own were delicious and my husband enjoyed pancakes every morning with 2 choices of syrup. There was the possibility of sitting up on the large outside terrace overlooking the ocean and service there and inside was exceptional.
Certainly this hotel is for those who want upscale deluxe surroundings (evening maid service), a free Herald Tribune or other language paper in the morning, state of the art tecnical facilities, etc. for fair prices you would expect for such a hotel (do your research-our travel agent found ours).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goldig
drogheda
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I have at last stayed in the Palais de la Mediterranne after having recommeneded it to two other people who had wonderful experiences. I was worried it would not live up to my expectations but it did and more.

We had a bit of a disaster when we arrived as I had left my hand bag in the taxi. The concierge were fantastic. They rang the taxi company and contacted the driver who secured my bag and came back with it after he finished his fare.

We had arrived on a red eye flight and while check in is normally 2pm the hotel facilitated us with an early check in. We were upgraded to rooms with balconies and sea views and the hotel ensured that the 4 of us had adjoining room.

The view was magnificent.We had breakfast on our own balconies overlooking the bay and it was heaven. I was worried that as we overlooked the promenade the room would be noisy as I am a light sleeper but with the mechanised shutters the room was as quiet and dark as I required.

having the toilet separate to the bathroom is an excellent touch.

The choice for breakfast was adequate and the standard of food very acceptable.

We didn't eat in the hotel but we did have a drink in the bar which was quiet as it was october. However the mojitos in the Negresco were better!

All in all a very pleasant stay and I wil go back and I will recommend the hotel

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends