“One star wonder”

Hotel du Petit Louvre
Ranked #148 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff particularly Tiso. Go for the three bed room- pay a little extra = much bigger space! If you want a clean place in a central location stay here. It is not the Ritz of course but it is fantastic value. Owners let us put our bikes in the secure place at the back. Use of portable beach beds & float was nice touch. Do take tea bags & coffee with you, a bar of soap & shampoo. Would definitely return for a cheap holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank perrygirl

Reviewed 19 August 2013

we were late checking out by 35 minutes and we were called and knocked on no fewer than 5 times. When I suggested this had never happened to me before, the hotel owner, not staff, went ballistic and called me a small person who doesn't mean anything and we were shouted out of the place. My girlfriend and I were in shock! I am writing in the hope that no one ever has this experience again. In terms of the rooms they were tiny but for the price not bad. it is a one star hotel after all

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank tomtom99999
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my 2 daughters, the room was clean and spacious and we were comfortable. Great location, we could walk from the train station with our lugguage which took about 10 minutes. The air conditioning was a real treat and it was very hot in Nice in early July 2013. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Out hotel manager was very helpful with lots of local knowledge and we had the best food to eat from his recommendations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. They also let us leave our lugguage with them for the day as we had a train leaving late in the afternoon. Great value for money!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank karendundon
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Value - £52 per night 10 mins walk to train station(currently having building walk done to it July 2013) was good for a studio with cooking facilities.

How do you get to it? - 10 mins to trains, this located just of the main shopping street Ave John Medecin. You can take trams around the city.

Room - Its just enough space and has a bed and self contained kitchen. There is a two ring hob, fridge and kitchen utensils. Noisy out the back, I think from the air conditioners.

Area - Just off the main shopping street. Take the tram to Promenade de Anglais off main shopping street. Take bus 21 to Matisse's house. Around the corner there is a monoprix supermarket, although no self service and can be slow service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here one year ago and wrote a very positive review. Last week I was passing Nice on a bike tour and needed a place to store my bike and luggage for some hours. Come to think of Petit Louvre since I was on bike last year too. No problem! The guy in the reception refused to take any money for the storage. This is my number one choice in Nice, only problem is that they are full most of the time, you have to make reservation weeks, maybe a month ahead.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank hawkonflight
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Nice hotels are not cheap so this is a little diamond.You need to keep the room tidy as they are pretty small (shower would be a struggle if you are vertically or horizontally challenged) and there is no housekeeping (we stayed for 3 nights).Very clean and extremely friendly staff on reception.Location is excellent-10 minutes walk from the train station and 15 minutes to the seafront.There is a really good supermarket (Monoprix) at the end of the quiet side street that the hotel is situated in.You can get a bus (no.99) from the train station to/from the airport (13 Euros return).There are hardly any taxis in Nice but the bikes with carriages attached are about 10-15 Euros for a 15 minute ride.It is a beautiful city though so strolling is the best way to explore.Getting the boat from Nice to Monaco is a great way to see the 2nd smallest country in the world-think Vulgaria from Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang (only with children).Will definitely return to the Petit Louvre.

Room Tip: I think all the doubles are identical......
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Found this hotel by luck and booked it because of its price. Only a few minutes away from the train station and next to the commercial centre of Nice. Small and cosy with a very friendly staff. The person that was at the reception when I arrived was really welcoming and provided me with all the necessary informations about the room, the services and the wi-fi. There was always someone at the reception until 22:00, but not after that.
Although the size of the room was rather small, it had more than I was hoping for. The only thing it didn't have was toiletries. The room was clean and, as I stayed there only for two nights, it wasn't cleaned during my stay, which is logical. If I remember correctly, the policy was that you had to pay a little bit more if your stay was more than four days, for the cleaning services.
Thanks to the small kitchenette I could prepare my own breakfast and have a little something for the small cravings.
Another plus is the free luggage storage. As my flight was late in the afternoon, I was able to leave my luggage at the hotel and wander around the city all day without worries and extra weight.
Will definitely book again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo