Hotel Rex
US$365
US$345
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Ajoupa Apart'hotel Nice(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$122
Grand Hotel le Florence(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$172
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Alba Hotel(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$141
Hotels.com
US$220
US$204
Agoda.com
  • Pool
La Villa Nice Victor Hugo(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$403
US$361
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsrue massenaflights of stairsold townbudget hotelthe busrestaurants and shopscote d'azurthe location is perfectshort breakdidierluggageeurostopspromenade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2010

You cannot buy character - and this hotel is a lovely find. Intimate and a brilliant example of rustic (rather than shabby) chic, this place is quiet, private, intimate, friendly and pretty.

Their are no stairs, no lift, no swimming pool, no expensive restaurant but this is in the middle of the City and 5 mins stroll to the sea with a multitude of places to eat on its doorstep.

Bathrooms are a bit small but so is the price.

Great value and we had a lovely stay. Definitely would go back for the own apartment feel to the place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

And just a block or two from the beach, and from Old Nice, which is the best part of the city. It is on a walking street so there is no traffic noise or confusion. There is nobody on duty from 8pm to 8am so that felt a little insecure to me, a solo female traveller, but I got used to it. The wifi didn't work very well with my iphone in my room and I had to stand out in the hall next to the desk to use it. But Didier was so helpful in getting my boarding passes printed, and he is so friendly and warm it made up for it. The place is quite old and it feels so much more real to me than a sterile hotel does. Love this place. Book directly with hotel Rex rather than through Venere and it will cost you less.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I wont go on about all the reasons why this hotel exceeded our expectations.

I will say that, for the price, it is much cleaner, modern and friendly that you will pay elsewhere. It's not a luxury hotel, the rooms and bathrooms are small. But they are more than comfortable rooms, with everything you need, and nothing you dont. Quiet at night and hardly any noise from the hall.

You cant ask for more in terms of location.

The thing that really did it for me was the beautiful friendly service and "no problems!" attitude by every staff member we encountered - over the phone, by email, in person. Consistent and generous.

The only downside for some visitors is the lack of wheelchair access. There are lots of stairs, so if you have any mobility issues, this is not the hotel for you.

We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I stayed in Hotel Rex in February 2010 with my 18 year old daughter and parents. We came by bus from the airport and the walk to the hotel was about 10 minutes and had been well described by the hotel.

When you arrive at the hotel, don't be put off by the entrance - you have to go up a few steps and through a courtyard with apartments backing onto it which is not too pretty but once you go into the hotel itself, you will find it well presented. The rooms are clean but basic and the bathrooms very small but if you want budget accomodation which is well located and clean, you will not do better than Hotel Rex. The staff are particularly helpful - they volunteered lots of information about events happening in the area, best ways to get around and they even carried our heavy case down the steps for us when we were leaving.

Do not book this hotel if you are looking for luxury and don't like very small bathrooms but if you are looking for value for money and central location you will not be disappointed. I will definitely return to this Hotel if I go back to Nice and would recommend it to friends. It is not a luxury hotel but it is great for a short break.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nireland-ann
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Having just returned from a 3 night stay I have to agree with all that has been said in the last couple of reviews.
The Rex really is a pleasant and charming place to stay. Great value too, 90 euros a night for a twin room on Monaco GP weekend, brilliant!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple