“Not very welcoming”
Review of Hotel Imperial

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nice
Hotel Imperial
Ranked #139 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A group of 12 people stayed here two nights, and only about half of the rooms we stayed in had air conditioning. The other rooms were so hot we all ended up sleeping on the floors of those who had air conditioning. The water pressure was terrible, it merely trickled out. It made it almost impossible to take a shower. The woman at the front desk was not friendly in the least, she was very impatient with the kids and was not very welcoming. I would only suggest this hotel if you request a room with air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hannah A

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was surprised when I reached the hotel. Amazing building in a very nice area of Nice. The common areas are so beautiful and the lady running the hotel is very kind. And there is also parking!in fact you can easily do without a car because it is just a few minutes walk both from the old town and the main shopping street of Nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the wifi area
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I can't believe that this hotel can continue to function. I've been here 3 times in the last year or so and it's always been very quiet, with an elderly couple running it apparently single-handed. I must admit I love the place: faded glory, certainly, but with a charm and style that more than compensates for the odd down-side.

I agree the lift is amazing and I particularly love the ceiling in the dining room: more like the Sistine Chapel than a hotel! Stained glass and decoratively-painted walls (not wallpaper as I first thought) add to the charm.

The building is well-located: 1 minute from LaTete Carree and about 10 by foot from Place Masena. The only meals I've eaten here were breakfasts, but they were fine - standard French mix of coffee (or chocolate), bread rolls, croissants, jam...

The Hotel is closed for a couple of months round Christmas.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room on Boulevard Carabacel as there's a lot of traffic. Rooms vary a bit in qual...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank DougInverness
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My family of 5 stayed at Hotel Imperial and we had a double bed and single in one room and two singles in the other room. The room was clean and the air conditioning was awesome!! The shower was small but I think that could be a Europe thing. The rooms were cleaned daily and it was a good location. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This hotel was absolutely gorgeous. I was here for a school trip and we all loved it very much. It was unique and pleasant. The room we had was enormous and we had a small balcony as well. Others in my group had larger balconies. The old fashioned elevator was awesome. The wi-fi didn't work very well in the rooms but I personally didn't mind. It worked in the lobby and the large floor rooms. The owners (or at least I think they were) were very kind to us. The breakfast we had was also very delicious. I know that my friends in the same room and I were very satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angelika R
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Arrived in Nice at rush hour after driving for 5 hours - tourism information centre sent us to the Hotel Imperial - central location, free parking, very cool inside with high ceilings, stained glass and lots of old world atmosphere - and comfortable beds - great find in Nice!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank deepcovegirl86
Reviewed 16 September 2010

It is difficult to book a room, but you will be rewarded with charm and style, a la Hemingway and French bohemian.
We are a family of 5 and could not find a cheaper room in Nice, so our surprise was great when we saw this beautiful place. Only when we paid the bill, we could believe it was true

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family