“Good spot for salad lunch”
Review of So Green

So Green
Ranked #556 of 2,081 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Passed by this place by accident and went in. Had salad lunches which was good, delicious, fresh. The staff was nice and spoke good english. Gonna go tomorrow, too.
One tip. Put some soft material under the chairs to avoid the noise of moving chairs.
But the food is awesome.

1  Thank Jari-Helsinki16

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We used to go there quite often to enjoy their juices made from fresh fruits. It was good... but it’s not anymore. Their fruits are now acidic (not ripen) and mixed with industrial sirops and tons of ice. Given the quality, it is quite expensive.

We tried their salads, it’s crazy expensive (15€ each on average), and the staff pressure you to add more ingredients (2€ per ingredient). Don’t expect a smile, you’ll only get ‘what else?’. At first it looks good (see the photos) and tasty but it is actually composed of industrial vegetables, industrial meats, industrial tuna, even the sauces are industrial. It tasted horrible and their was not enough sauce.

I hope they’ll get back to what they used to be.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The main reason to go to a salad bar is health - and I’d say there are better healthy options nearby. SO Green wasn’t bad (exactly), but it was not particularly good. I will not return. Suggestions on better healthy options at bottom of review

It’s a salad bar, so there are really only a few elements to review here. But for those wanting details:

1) Ingredients freshness / taste = average, low average

We all know that good fresh lettuce can taste excellent. Their gourmand salad mix did not taste good. The other ingredients were either bland or ok.

2) range of ingredient options = very good

3) price = stupid
Far too expensive. EVERY ingredient was €.50 to €1.50. Our two salads (with 4 or 5 ingredients each) were 30€. And not that good. I ate mine only because I needed fuel and wanted it to be healthy.

4) cleanliness = very good.

5) staff = good

Other options:

Naturalia (a bio supermarket) has a *small* selection of pre-made healthy foods. Also, the Carrefour Express on the road outside the SNCF train station (not the one inside the train station), also has a *small* selection of ore-made healthy options.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I needed a change from the sandwiches and bread I'd been having each lunchtime. SO Green caught my eye as I wandered past so I thought I'd investigate.

After a few mins working out how it worked and what I wanted I placed an order with the lady behind the counter.

A few mins later I had my salad (complete with dressing) and I was sitting in the sun.

I can see this place being incredibly busy in the summer but this being dec it was nicely busy.

It's def on my list of places to return to.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went here every day for drinks when we were in Nice. Great range of smoothies and juices. Really nice salads as well, where you pick your own ingredients. Great place to sit on a sunny day and people watch.