“Perfect hotel, enjoyable stay”
Review of Kyriad Nice Gare

Kyriad Nice Gare
Ranked #119 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am still on vacation in Nice and am staying at Kyriad Centre Gare.
It's a perfect hotel. I am just unable to find anything wrong about it; great location right at the Nice Gare station, clean, service is wonderful, all staff speaks english and is veeery friendly and helpful, the room is clean and renovated, the windows are sound proof, so I never get disturbed by the train and tram sonds. We took BB, so breakfast is the same always, but it's tasty and always enought. And it does have free WiFi all over the hotel.
I have only positive impressions from my stay!! And I travel a lot and have seen many hotel of this class. It's really great, don't doubt and take it if you decide.
If anyone needs any advice, feel free to e-mail me.

Room Tip: the best single rooms(mine is 401) are on left from the station. They have 2 balconies+semy-double...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank asiaH10
There are newer reviews for Kyriad Nice Gare

Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is situated very close to the train station. Very good and helpful staff. Free internet connection at a very good speed. Nice breakfast. Room was very sweet. Lots of restuarents nearby. Tram station right opposite the hotel door.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Poor service: When I told the receptionist that I wanted to check in she asked 'have u booked' then she said 'you booked an offer of 80euro per night for two nights'. Do u want to pay now ? Then I said no? Can I get ur credit card as guantee that u will pay. They kept asking me for credit card details for every little move that I did even to borrow an iron. I dint feel safe with my credit card details.

Shower was relatively clean but they had just renovated and did not do it properly so there was flooding in the bathroom each time I bathed. There was no tissue in the bathroom on the first night and when I went to ask for it there were quiet rude indicating as if I had stolen it.

Hotel is located in Good location.

Found an insect in my White bedsheets and my friend had an allegy on her skin which was later on diagnosed as insect bites.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Guernsenankho
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Located close to the train station about 15 minute walk from the city centre. Recently refurbished. Located next to a flyover and main railway line but quiet at night when the traffic subsides. Situated on a corner next to the tram stop so handy for hopping on and off. Breakfast is cheaper at a local cafe so save your euros. Overall average room cost considering Nice prices. There's a Lidl ten minutes walk at the end of the street to stock up on snacks an drinks at reasonable cost.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We decided to stay in Nice and use it as a central base to travel to the nearby cities/towns such as St. Tropez, Antibes, Cannes and the country Monaco. The hotel was two blocks away from the train station and that was where the hotel's parking was located as well, which was convenient for us as we rented a vehicle in Nice. Parking was $18.50 euros for every 24 hours. It was a 15 minute walk to Vieux Nice where you can find all the local cuisine and shopping. It was also a 15 minute walk to the Promenade des Anglais. Our room was spacious and nice; however, their A/C was not working so it got quite hot during the night. The bed was very comfortable with a nice thick duvet. The bathroom was nice but it was missing a shower curtain. Breakfast was not included but you can purchase it for another 10 euros per person. We decided to try the cuisine outside the hotel. The only downside we can say was the the neighbourhood can seem a bit scary at night with people loitering along the streets so I didn't want to stay out too late after dark. Overall it is a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmritandSonia
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is a review for the Kyriad Hotel in Nice Centre-Port.

I stayed there for 2 nights with my boyfriend in the middle of our vacation travelling through France and Italy. We were travelling without definite plans, and booked this hotel one or two nights before we arrived. It was tough to find rooms in Nice on such short notice, especially during the peak of France's summer vacation travel (when all the French families flock to the coast) and we thought we'd lucked out when we found this place for about $80 USD a night.

Well, we should have known that if it was cheap, and available, there was something the locals knew that we didn't.

The first night we stayed there was fine. The hotel room was clean enough, maybe a little musty smelling, but nothing worse than a normal hotel in America. We were able to walk from the hotel to a restaurant on the beach, and it was close enough to the beach and the main square and downtown area. It was close to the pharmacy too, which would prove helpful later.

Here is an excerpt from the complaint I wrote to the manager of the hotel (which, by the way, received nary a response from the manager or Expedia, so that I eventually had to settle it with my bank):

"I woke up in the middle of the night on the 8th to find bed bugs crawling all over the bed, totaling 9 that I could actually see and kill myself, with more appearing on the sheets or emerging from the pillows as my friend and I were leaving to go downstairs to talk to the receptionist about switching rooms.

My friend and I had an uneasy stay the rest of the time. We stayed up all night checking the linens for more bugs, scouring each others' bodies for insect bites, combing through our luggage and belongings to make sure there were no bugs inside. I had a total of 52 bug bites on my arms, legs, feet, stomach, neck, hands, and back, which, to this point, are still visible as scars on my skin."

When my boyfriend and I went downstairs to talk to the receptionist, he just kinda looked disgusted and explained that guests sometimes have dogs or cats in the rooms and that there was nothing the hotel could do. He gave us another room, where we checked the sheets and slept with the lights on the whole night. The next morning, I went to talk to the receptionist, who was now a different woman, and I asked her for a refund. She told me she couldn't do that and I asked to speak to her manager, to which she said the manager could not be reached because he was in a meeting. Whatever I asked she would find an excuse. We eventually left and I resolved to try solving the problem other ways, from contacting Expedia and my bank for refunds.

Hopefully this review will serve as fair warning to other travelers, and as a reminder to the management at the Kyriad to do right by their customers. Unless they have completely steamed all the rooms, I would be very very wary if staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank misswhirledtraveler
Reviewed 12 September 2010

On entering the hotel you couldn't tell what is beyond the front door. We went to our "double" room. In it were 3 large single beds. One touching the bathroom wall and the other touching the balcony door and one squeezed in the middle. No walking room at all. The balcony door couldn't be opened as the bed was blocking it. The only chair in the room had only 2 working legs. The wardrobe had only 2 hangers so the clothes were sitting at the bottom of the wardrobe. A puddle under the toilet seat and the flushing worked only when in the mood. Complaints to reception went to deaf ears.. I read bad reviews about this hotel but I wanted to see for myself and I am sorry I did. For sure they will never see me again in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010