Kyriad Nice Gare
US$291
US$479
Elvoline
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the train stationmain shopping streetminute walkhot itemsbed was very comfortablevisiting nicehotel is locatedshower headcity breakbaguettethe buspromenade des anglaisold citysupermarketessentialseuro
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The bed is amazing, so so comfy and found it a strugle to get out of the bed. The pictures however are not representative of the rooms, they are dated and are cramped, and very difficult to move around the bed so I found it easier to climb over my other half. The staff are amazing, there very polite and accomidating. We arrived early at 10am and was shown to our room which to the disgust of the staff wasn't ready, they allowed us to leave our stuff so we could check out the sights and this has been rectified when we returnd. They also have secure storage so we could leave our bags after we checked out as we had a late flight home. The location is spot on, couldnt ask for a better location. The hotel is located next to the tram line into nice and is a minutes walk away from the train station to Cannes and Monaco. It cost 7 euros for a return to Monaco and Cannes. Bearing in mind the location of the hotel there is noise from the local train line, this isn't too loud and the hotel have done a great jobs with sound proofing the rooms, including triple glazing. The rooms come with tv and own shower room, however the shower could of done with a new shower head as it was spraying all over the place. The rooms where immaculate, in fact the entire hotel was very clean, I wasn't expecting the service I received, the cleanliness of the hotel or the comfiness of the beds to be as good for the price I paid. This will be a great hotel for anyone looking for a good nights sleep and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I am going to return. Its great value for money, and would even return just to catch up with some sleep in the lush beds.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissSCP
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am still on vacation in Nice and am staying at Kyriad Centre Gare.
It's a perfect hotel. I am just unable to find anything wrong about it; great location right at the Nice Gare station, clean, service is wonderful, all staff speaks english and is veeery friendly and helpful, the room is clean and renovated, the windows are sound proof, so I never get disturbed by the train and tram sonds. We took BB, so breakfast is the same always, but it's tasty and always enought. And it does have free WiFi all over the hotel.
I have only positive impressions from my stay!! And I travel a lot and have seen many hotel of this class. It's really great, don't doubt and take it if you decide.
If anyone needs any advice, feel free to e-mail me.

Room Tip: the best single rooms(mine is 401) are on left from the station. They have 2 balconies+semy-double bed and the view is not the railway
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank asiaH10
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is situated very close to the train station. Very good and helpful staff. Free internet connection at a very good speed. Nice breakfast. Room was very sweet. Lots of restuarents nearby. Tram station right opposite the hotel door.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Poor service: When I told the receptionist that I wanted to check in she asked 'have u booked' then she said 'you booked an offer of 80euro per night for two nights'. Do u want to pay now ? Then I said no? Can I get ur credit card as guantee that u will pay. They kept asking me for credit card details for every little move that I did even to borrow an iron. I dint feel safe with my credit card details.

Shower was relatively clean but they had just renovated and did not do it properly so there was flooding in the bathroom each time I bathed. There was no tissue in the bathroom on the first night and when I went to ask for it there were quiet rude indicating as if I had stolen it.

Hotel is located in Good location.

Found an insect in my White bedsheets and my friend had an allegy on her skin which was later on diagnosed as insect bites.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Guernsenankho
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Located close to the train station about 15 minute walk from the city centre. Recently refurbished. Located next to a flyover and main railway line but quiet at night when the traffic subsides. Situated on a corner next to the tram stop so handy for hopping on and off. Breakfast is cheaper at a local cafe so save your euros. Overall average room cost considering Nice prices. There's a Lidl ten minutes walk at the end of the street to stock up on snacks an drinks at reasonable cost.

• Stayed: May 2011