“Very convenient location”
Review of Kyriad Nice Gare

Kyriad Nice Gare
Ranked #118 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights during my business trip to Nice. The location is great as it's close to the railway station and not so expensive car park is just few minutes away. My room was facing the interior side of the building so I had no problems with the noise. The temperature in the room was a bit high as A/C wasn't working.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DejanL

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here during Easter weekend 2014. Usually I try to write positive reviews so let me start with good things: location of hotel, very close to Nice Railway Station, hotel is part of well-known chain, large bathroom, comfortable bed, breakfast, friendly stuff at reception. And now bad things...Air conditioning is only available in the "warm" mode. You can’t open the balcony doors or room windows (Room 502). Huge crack at the mirror in the bathroom, the toilet is also with crack. Bathroom (and its bath) without partition so the bathroom floor is covered with water after quick shower. Since there is no ventilation or possibility to open the window it’s always wet in bathroom and very hot in the room. No toilet paper roll, there are toilet wipes only (in the box over bath, so after any shower this box is wet). Darkness. No daylight in the room. No oxygen. I hope that Kyriad management will read this review and make some changes,

Room Tip: Never take 502, ever. Until they fix balcony and doors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank OLEG I
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for five nights with my wife. As we were using the French Railway System to get around then the location of the hotel is very good. But that is the only positive I can give. The room was tiny, I worked out it would be impossible to swing a cat in it. One small wardrobe,no shelves and one serviceable clothes hanger. The one off welcome pack of two coffee sachets two tiny milk cartons and a packet of broken biscuits was a disappointment, so were the cardboard cups that came with it. They go soggy after one use and I had to ask for them to be replenished on two occasions. No aircon in the room so it was open the french windows at night and listen to the passing trains. Breakfast was the usual fare, very runny scrambled eggs, very thin ham and what was possibly once a sausage, why can a nation so famous for it's culinary delights not provide a breakfast?. No bread on Sunday, when I queried why I was told it was Sunday. Strange that croissants were available, I assume they came out of the same freezer. We were locked out on the Sunday afternoon and had to ring to gain entry. The walls are paper thin, fortunately the hotel was fairly empty and we could only hear the occupants of a room at the far end of the corridor. I probably expected too much. Where this hotel gets its three star rating is a complete mystery. So, convenient for train and tram, if I was a solo female traveller I would be put off by this district after dark, a lot of little gangs of youths, beggars and alcoholics in this area of Nice which unfortunately is typical of areas near main transport hubs around the world. Rooms are too basic and far too small. Would suit short trainspotter as the view from our balcony shows. One other plus, the bed was very comfortable and the bedding changed daily also free wifi was appreciated

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the railway and elevated road are noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Being a chain hotel you pretty much know what to expect from Kyriad.

Our room was on the front overlooking the railway and with the windows shut this did not cause us any real issues with noise. Less than five minutes walk from the SNCF station/main shopping street and about a twenty minute stroll to the old town (or you can always take the tram to save your legs from the stop adjacent to the hotel) the hotel is well located even if the area is possibly a little down at heel.

The room was clean and well maintained, the bed comfortable and the bathroom had a decent shower. The addition of a kettle with tea/coffee and free wifi was a much welcome bonus.

Can't comment on the breakfast (although at €12 each this seemed a bit expensive in my opinion) as we went to a nice bakery cafe which was tucked behind Nice Etoile shopping centre each morning.

At check in the staff was friendly and stayed speaking French (as we asked him to do so) even though he could easily and happily have spoken English.

Overall the Kyriad Gare did what it says on the tin and I would consider stopping here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RealHoltyboy
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Kyriad Gare is an average hotel in France - has some pros and cons. Conveniently located next door to main rail station, has a tram stop just out of its door, staff is very pleasant and helpful, and actually 10-15min walking distance to Massena Place - center of the city. Room was small, had two beds put together for 2 of us, beds are clean and comfortable, floor carpet needs some updating, walls are really thin - I don't even know if you can name them " walls" since in real it is fabric wallpaper put over wood blocks -can hear every sneeze in the next-door room. Windows on the other side are really sound-proof - if you have them closed, can't hear those trains next door. Bathrooms are OK - with that French shower without doors, so water is splashed everywhere - luckily they give you enough towels to put it over water. Rooms are supplied with coffeemaker. We didn't use their breakfast option - like to sit in café with coffee and croissant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ukitraveler
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Kyriad over Easter. The location is alright being so close to the station but the crowds around are not very nice (gangs?). The tram is just there and a big shopping street leading to the beach.

The service was good, attentive and friendly and they kept our bags in storage while we wandered around.

The room was alright, we actually got 2 single beds together instead of one big bed, which was annoying. The view was the railway so don't expect romance. You can hear the faint noise of trains but barely. However you can hear people outside/neighbours.

The bathroom is spacious but no shower curtain or partition (that french thing) so the floor gets wet. Decor is dated and could be updated. WiFi was flaky.

Would I stay there again? for the price, yes. If I want a nicer experience, no. If you're just going to sleep it's fine, if you're resting, having breakfast there, etc. then maybe look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Very good location - tram station is just around the corner and train station is about 8 minutes on foot.

Room is small but as expected. Cleanliness is an issue - We stayed for 2 nights and killed 5 small cockroaches in the toilet. The carpet near the side of the bed is very dusty and with spider net. The management should seriously consider to improve in quality of housekeeping.

Cleanliness is on the top of my list and I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013