“Perfect base from which to explore the Cote d'Azur”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the main room and the bedroom on Old Town Castle Hill
View from the main room and the bedroom on Old Town Castle Hill Full equipped kitchen ( oven + 3 induction hubs + dishwasher + kettle + coffee maker )
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Full equipped kitchen
Fridge + Freezer + Mocro wave and large table 140x90cm
Full equipped kitchen ( oven + 3 induction hubs )
Main room with his modern and confortable sofa bed
Main room with a desk + large flat TV
Bedroom with a very comfortable bed ( 140 x 190 cm )
Independant lavabo with a sliding door
Independant shower
Washing machine
Main Old Town bordering boulevard with car, bus and tramway access
Main Old Town bordering boulevard with car, bus and tramway access
Water games in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Wood games in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Place Masséna fountain at night
Water games at night in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Place Masséna at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Ciara F
Co. Derry
“Perfect base from which to explore the Cote d'Azur”
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The apartment is situated in the perfect place to explore Nice and the Cote d'Azur. It was extremely easy to get to from the airport and it is situated right on many transport links - for example there is a tram stop right outside the entrance - which takes you throughout the city and to the train station (there is one as often as every four minutes going in either direction). If you walk down the stairs and turn a couple of corners you are in the heart of the old town with all its beautiful food, wonderful boutiques and shops and most importantly for us - Fennochio's icecream!

The apartment has everything you might ever need to create the feeling of a home from home. We cooked frequently using all of the extremely well-kept equipment (oven, microwave, fridge/freezer) and with the Monoprix just 400 yards up the street and the express Carrefour in the square just around the corner from the apartment - it was so convenient!

As other reviewers have pointed out, there are quite a number of steps to the apartment which may be challenging for older visitors, or those with children and a pram. However, do not let this put you off as we were delighted with the quality and location of the apartment - we couldn't have asked for any better.

The owner Patrick, was prompt, organised and very easy to deal with. He provided us with a great deal of useful information before our arrival and when we met him at the apartment he spent a lot of time with us, telling us how to operate various things in the apartment - such as the air conditioning, and provided us with good advice to avoid anything going wrong. He also talked to us in great detail about where was best to eat in the old town and advised on the the different transport links in the vicinity.

Thank you very much to Patrick and we hope to return one day!

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The steps
25 Jul 2015
Hi Liam
It's kind to you to give to people who will read this review your feelings about location and equipments of the apartment. Thanks also to inform about booking and check in procedures. I try to give tips to my renters about where are the best places to enjoy local specialities, to buy foods, differents restaurants .... It's always appreciate and in doing so my customers are saving time for such researches. ( when I'm going abroad I like to receive such informations too ).
I was pleased too to see you were very organised with your log book and detailled program for the time spent in Nice.
Thanks to have leave the apartment in very good conditions and you will be allways welcome back.
All the best for you and your family. Patrick
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Large groups
12 Jun 2015
Hi Caroline
It's a good sum up of the City + apartment.
Yes you're right. As there is no elevator, the apartment isn't for people with walking difficulties.
But for all the others. They will enjoy the exercise to go only to the 3rd floor ...... And there they will love to be in a quiet place even if they are in the middle of the old town. It's a gem, you're right.
It's the reason why this apartment was renovated and offer now all facilities.
Thank you Caroline for your kindness and I hope to receive you next year for another sunny GP of Monaco.
All the best for you and your family. Patrick
Reviewed 18 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
30 Apr 2015
Hi F.A.
I'm very happy you had good holidays in Nice and I will be very pleased to receive you again.
I always try to give up to date tips. In doing so my renters don't waste time to find good restaurants at any price depending of the amount they want to pay.
Hope to see you coming back in the close future.
All the best to you.
Kate M
Ontario, Canada
“Perfect apartment”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a fabulous stay in Nice. Patrick was quite helpful and made sure we settled in nicely. The apartment set up was great for us. It was just like a 2 bedroom apartment, since the sitting room had a pull out couch and sliding door.
Old Nice is full of history and it was wonderful being steps away from everything.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Bonjour Kate

I received few canadians families those past months and they all appreciate the location of the apartment and its equipments. I would like to thanks you to have been good tenants and I will be very pleased to receive you again. Hope it will be possible.
All the best for you and your family.
tal23
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This was our first trip to Nice and the apartment was in a great location. It was renovated and very clean. Patrick had everything documented and was very helpful with places to eat. There is not an elevator, so it would not be recommended for someone unable to climb a couple of flights of stairs.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
14 Sep 2014
Hi Tracey

It's nice to you to have left a review. Thank you.
I'm glad the apartment was confortable and suitable for you. Your right, there is no elevator as noticed in the advert. So my apartment isn't for elderly persons.
Hope you had a good way back to States and have the pleasure to receive you again.
All the best.
LeonieStr...
Muenster, Germany
“Great apartment in good location!”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a great holiday in this apartment: the owner Patrick was very friendly, he explained everything we needed to know and gave good advices what you can do in Nizza. The apartment was fully equipped, even with everything you need to wash your clothes or the dishes. If you walk out the door the old town is directly next to the apartment and you also just need to walk 10 minutes to the beach, so you can reach almost everything by foot. You only shouldn't arrive with too heavy baggage because you need to carry it up to the third floor..;-)

Travelling group: Freunden
Bonjour Elaine
This year I noticed that a lot of Irish families are coming to Nice and I received some of them in my apartment which is great.
It was a real pleasure to receive you and I would like to thanks you for your review which describe very well the area and the apartment. ( in which I tried to do my best to offer the maximum of confort for my renters ).
As you noticed the major points I'm always looking after are :
confortable beds for a good sleep.
Apartment fully equiped to be like home.
Cleanliness.
The tips I gave at your arrival meeting are for me a real pleasure. I just want you to enjoy your holidays and keep the best souvenir of Nice.
If you plan to come back. I'll be very pleased to receive you again.
JP M
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Perfect for Couple in Nice”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

First off note the five star review --- I usually give four stars or less unless the place is perfect --- however this time I am giving five stars because I had concerns that other bookers might also have and I want to alleviate same.

You can read about these concerns below but I want to state that this was a fantastic apartment and as soon as we arrived we knew everything was going to be OK and I want to tell other's that this agent is trustworthy in our experience. The only actual warning we would give to others would be to note that there is no elevator and older bookers might find the stairs difficult --- we are young so had no such trouble.

The apartment was good-sized and in a perfect, clean condition with all mod cons available (excellent air con) and was as the photos depicted if not nicer. The directions we got to the apartment were very good and understandable (via email).

The agent, Patrick, was there when we arrived and was incredibly helpful. He did a very thorough tour of the apartment and spent the bones of an hour detailing some of the highlights of Nice for us --- he was very, very helpful indeed and it was this time with him that finally alleviated my below concerns. Also he was very prompt and accurate with email communication prior to our stay.

In terms of location you are but a five minute walk through the old town to the beach and right beside the metro. Nice itself was fantastic and as you are right beside the old town you can just walk everywhere!

The wifi worked very well and the shower was nice. We had one problem with the fuse going but Patrick very promptly sorted this out. The apartment was very quiet.

Now I am going to focus on the concerns I had BEFORE I arrived. I am sure that everything I experienced in the booking process was normal for Nice but for me it was a little bit unsettling. Perhaps the way things are being done in Nice is not ideal? I think what unsettled me also was that Patrick APPEARED rude via email. In hindsight I think this is because while Patrick has excellent, fluent English, he is not a native speaker so some of his phrasing via email seemed clumsy at the time. I have since looked back at the emails and he was perfectly polite.

1. Firstly the cleaning situation. When we arrived the apartment was perfectly clean with no dust or mess. In the contract it said that either we cleaned the place ourselves or else pay a fee to the agent to do the cleaning. We decided to do the cleaning ourselves but were afraid that it would not be adequate and we would lose some of our deposit (more on this later). We did a fairly good clean and... well the agent was perfectly happy with our work and we did not lose any of our deposit.

I believe that such an arrangement must be typical of Nice apartments but is not something that we were used to. In my opinion, as long as the apartment is not left in a terrible state, and property isn't damaged, the cost of cleaning should be included in the rental price (so be it if this makes rental more expensive).

Most importantly I want to say to other bookers --- do not be worried, this is clearly not a trap to get more money --- we did a good cleaning and nothing was taken from our deposit.

2. Deposits --- initially we left a standard deposit to secure our booking (absolutely no problem with this). Once we arrived at the apartment this turned into a security deposit in case of damage to the apartment or the property. I was not used to such a set up however I suppose the agent did not have our credit card details...

I want to declare that the deposit was returned very quickly after we left and with absolutely no dispute once the agent saw that we left the apartment in good condition.

3. We had to pay for linen (bed clothes, etc). Now again we believe this must be the typical situation for Nice rentals but again we think it would make more sense if everyone with holiday rentals provides the linen for the stay. Again that is MY opinion and there may well be very good reasons for not doing this.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Air Con, Location, Agent
Liked least: Unfounded feeling of unease about booking details... need more pillows!
Bonjour JP
First I would like to thanks you to have taken time to write a review. This is always appreciate.
We aren't oblige to have the same way of thinking but your detailled review could help other bookers as you said.
As you noticed I try to do my best during booking procedure, at your arrival, about equipment and cleanliness of the apartment.
You're right I'm not a native speaker so please excuse my english if I don't choose the right word sometimes. But you understood me which is the more important. Be polite is the minimum I can do when you are renting holidays apartment so I hope I don't make too much mistakes in writing english.....
Regarding final cleaning and Linen. Many owners choose this way of doing to give the possibility to those who want to do the final cleaning and to bring their own Linen ( or to order it ).
I know some prefer everything included but this raise up the price proposed. Others prefer to have the choice and save money..... It's the second solution I choosed after more than 20 years of experience. Why ? Just because It offers more possibilities and people are more responsible.
The security deposit paid at booking to secure the booking stay of course a security depuosit in case of damages till the check out.
All the best for you and your familly.
Patrick
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing