“Amazing flat in a great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room with Double Doors leading to Balcony overlooking Chateau of NICE
Enjoy the ambience of the cafes and restaurants in Place Garibaldi The sea is just a stone's throw away
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room with Double Doors leading to Balcony overlooking Chateau of NICE
Enjoy the ambience of the cafes and restaurants in Place Garibaldi
The sea is just a stone's throw away
Enjoy the view from the south facing terrace
Fully equipped kitchen of the highest standard
Staircase leading to upper floor double bedroom
Flat screen TV with cable system plus DVD
Master bedroom leading of the brightly lit Living Room
Very sunny Master Bedroom with ensuite bathroom
Ample room to sit and relax on the sofa with the Chateau view behind you
Ensuite Bathroom to the highest standard fitted out from Villeroy Bosch
Double sink and window discreetly closed for your privacy
Newly Renovated Bathroom with Power Shower, quality Villeroy Bosch fittings
Large comfortable double bed with fresh linens supplied in Loft Bedroom
Bright and Airy and Characteristic of Nicois Building
Bath/Shower with hand sink and A.C. in Loft Bedroom
A view towards the historic Place Garibaldi, just a stones throw away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
crazylion
London
“Amazing flat in a great location”
Reviewed 29 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Having read some of the previous reviews, I was a bit worried about the construction, but the works are now completed and there was no noise whatsoever. There is still some construction equipment and machinery in the street outside the flat, but that did not affect our stay at all.
The flat itself is of a very high standard, with brand new amenities in both bathrooms and the kitchen. It has a great location, right by place Garibaldi and very close to the port as well. Everything is within walking distance, including shops, nice restaurants and bars.

The owner Jean has really made our stay a special one. She is very knowledgable about the town and area and gave us some good tips for our stay!

I would be happy to recommend the apartment to my friends and family.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
30 Dec 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday in NICE and the apartment met your expectations. I do hope you and your family will come back soon.
Happy New year to you all. Regards, jean
Maureen S
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We found this apartment spacious and clean. It was in a great neighborhood, just outside of Nice's Old Town. WE rented it for a week. It was just my husband myself, so there was plenty of room. The owner, Jean was very responsive and met us at the bus station and pointed out sites as we walked to the apartment.
I am writing this review because we were never informed of construction outside the building. We thought we would have a terrace to sit on and a small view of the sea. Not so. Construction started early and destroyed any view or peace. I know that will not be there forever, but it was our vacation and we probably won't be back to Nice again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Noise and View
16 Oct 2015
Thank you so much for your feedback on my apartment and I am really sorry for the problem with the construction. As I mentioned earlier their schedule is sporadic due to many factors and it has certainly been a nightmare for many NICOISE people. We can happily see the end I am happy to say, there promise is still holding firm that the major works will be completed by the end of this year. thank you for your positive comments on my apartment, once we are past mid-December I am sure all will be back to normal, and peace will be returned to a fabulous neighborhood. You were right to say, it is not there forever.
Thank you very much.
Shelley93
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good Apartment - in the middle of a building site! See photos....”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

The interior of the apartment was fine as mentioned in previous reviews. Though it could do with proper air-con in the downstairs bedroom, not just a fan. Jean met us off the airport bus and told us places to go, advice about bus/tram tickets and guided us to the apartment. Unfortunately what she didn't mention - before or at any stage - were the huge, on-going road works directly outside the apartment. When I say roadworks - what they are actually doing is tunnelling under the road, drilling/ earthworks and demolishing a large building opposite - all part of the tramworks going on in Nice at the moment. The morning after we arrived the work started at 7am in the morning! Not a very peaceful start to the holiday. We complained to Jean and she said she said she hadn't realised they started so early...... it was due to the extra hot weather. It all meant that we couldn't use the balcony at all - because of the noise, dust and 'view'. And the noise first thing in the morning and late afternoon. I think we should have been warned about this before, it has obviously been going on for some time and will continue for a while also.
Seemingly we are the first guests to complain about it.....!

28 Aug 2015
I am very sorry about the roadworks, which unfortunately were at their peak, while my guest was staying.
It is very true that the whole of NICE has been thrown upside down, hard to escape it & unhappily, out of our hands. Due to the heatwave that we experienced throughout Europe, working hours were changed, starting early & of course finishing early. Things are now back to normal, I am very happy to,say, and will be completed by 2015. Let's think of the finished result : 20 minute TRAM ride direct to NICE airport. My other guests were not troubled by the roadworks, My apartment is double glazed, top,floor, Of course with the windows open you can hear the noise, but with the excessive heat, most guests were happy to enjoy the A.C.

Addressing the comment regarding the A.C. The Living Room, upstairs bedroom has A.C. As the extra bedroom is a corner room, directly next to,the living room, it is quite cool. As a back up I added a fan but actually not necessary.

Thank you.
Luisa G
“Great location, great hostess, poor building”
Reviewed 11 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Jean, our hostess was very diligent and attentive to our needs. The apartment location is very good because it is close to the old town and to Massena Square. However, the apartment is not as good as it appears in the photographs, and the room in the second level is uncomfortable because the ceiling is very low. The shower arrangement into the room only works for couples and close friends; I was with my teenager daughter and it definitely didn't work.
The view from the apartment is a big infrastructure road work, very noisy. But what I really didn't like was the building, very old and falling apart. The entrance was always smelly because the garbage stayed at the back of the elevator, without any protection. We arrived the 14th of July, a national holiday, and the garbage was left uncollected for several days.
I had great expectations about this apartment but I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.

Liked best: La localization
Liked least: El edificio
14 Aug 2015
I was disappointed to read my NICOISE apartment wasn't up,to my guests expectations.
Visitors come to NICE, which dates back to the 7th century B.C. For its history & charm.
My listed building was built in the 1900s. The photographs duplicate exactly how it is.

There is some on-going road works. As the apartment is on the top floor, double glazed, this hasn't posed a problem with other guests. The work will finish end of 2015.

I greatly appreciate comments about the garbage. I haven't had any previous complaints. I am sorry that you did. Thank you for your feedback, it was extremely valuable.
VickyA985
Hong Kong, China
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The apartment is conveniently located near Place Garibaldi, within walking distance from the main sight seeing spots in Nice such as Vieille Ville, Promenade du Paillon, Promenade des Anglais, Parc du Chateau, etc. The apartment is very clean and well maintained. The owner, Jean is very friendly and helped arrange the airport transfer. Free wifi is provided.

HowardML
London
“Nothing to fault here!”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Everyone else who has reviewed this apartment gets it exactly right. This one exceeds expectations. Everything is provided, everything works. The owner is just brilliant. She more than gets it right, from start to finish; including excellent documentation for the apartment and for Nice and surrounding areas. So refreshing not to have to chase down literature.. The location is spot on too. Great transport links. Old town nearby. Nothing too far to walk to. One of the best rentals we have ever done (and we've done quite a few across Belgium and France).

Liked best: All of it
Liked least: What's not to like
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jim L
“Adequate for our needs”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Nice, clean, great location. Jean is very nice and the place worked out just fine for two couples. Upstairs bedroom has sink and shower but no toilette so need to go down the stairs to main floor. Internet was slow and spotty but Jean said that she will look into it. Otherwise a good base for exploring the city

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing