“Comfort and luxury”

Ranked #23 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Barcelona, Spain
“Comfort and luxury”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The hotel is in a good location but not central. It's an hotel with many services and amenities. The pool and spa are very nice and are a great way to relax in comfort without making large distances. The private beach is just a few minutes from the hotel and it's very beautiful.
Hotel is furnished with great sophistication. The predominant color is white, which occurs everywhere.
My room was nice, spacious and elegant. The bathroom is very nice but doesn't leave a lot of privacy.
The aperitif is excellent and I highly recommend dining at the hotel's seafood restaurant!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LopezM26
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest,
We have really appreciated for taking the time to express your feedback concerning your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you, every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra are to reach guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the property and its services corresponding to your expectations is like an award in achieving our task. Indeed.
The General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

loved this hotel.

It's a very modern hotel with great facilities and staff.

We found the reception staff very friendly and helpful in providing advice to get the most out of our stay in Nice.

my only very small complaint is the rooms only have a thin net across the window there was no curtain or blind so if the light wakes you up in the morning you might not get a great nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma H
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Guest,
We have appreciated for taking the time to express your feedback concerning your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you, every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra are to reach guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the staff friendly is like an award in achieving our task.
Concerning your complaint about the light through the window, we inform you that all rooms have electric rolling shutters probably we did not explain the correct use of it on arrival and we apologize for this.
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just finished 5 days in Nice with my husband and we would like to thank everyone at the Exedra especially Phillip for helping to make our vacation wonderful. The hotel is beautiful and the service was great. The reception staff were very attentive and warm. We were always greeted with a smile. It was a pleasure to return to the hotel after a long day. The location was good, close to everything. They helped to arrange a tour to Eze, and Monaco for us as well as transportation to and from the airport. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. There was turndown service at night with clean towels and yummy candies. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it. I would say The Exedra is a great value for the money. Again thanks to everyone especially Phillip!

Room Tip: The standard room was too small if you are staying for more than 2 nights, we upgraded to the next c...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grcboss
Dear Guest,
We have really appreciated for taking the time to express your feedback concerning your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you, every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra are to reach guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the staff friendly and attentive particularly Philippe is like an award in achieving our task. We hope to have the chance to welcome you for your next stay on the French Riviera.
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I try to make a point of never writing negative reviews. But after giving the hotel every chance to make it right by simple explanation or the even the courtesy of a concerned call from management, none of my calls were returned. So here goes...
Slipped my eyeglasses in to the pocket of the hotel robe on the third day of our stay. Apparently this was the day to launder the robe and the pockets weren't checked. Well, you know the rest. Inquiring, I was patient at first with the lack of responsiveness as I do not speak French and I considered that. But after several calls around the hotel and inquiries in person at reception, no acknowledgement was made to the oversight or calls returned. If i did not also have contact lenses to wear, this could have been a vacation nightmare as sightseeing would be difficult without eyesight. As it was, I had to wear my prescription sunglasses on the early morning flight home.
I even gave them a chance to explain when I got home by writing an email which was not acknowledged.
Also good to know: I chose the hotel after careful research and was well aware that the bathroom shower provided no privacy as it is glass enclosed and located in the middle of the room. This was no problem for us, but I felt sorry for a family at the desk that was asking to change because they had a 12 year old daughter. Apparently there are a handful of rooms available with a more private floor plan, but they were not available for this family. Be aware that this is the setup and if this will not work for you, request one of the private floorplan rooms before you come.
On a positive note, the hotel was very bright and clean. The bed was lovely and the white bed linens are super comfortable.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abracadebra54
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Boscolo Exedra, we really regret to learn that your stay did not come up to your expectation and we are taking very seriously into consideration your negative experiences. Be assuring that the Management will take all necessary steps and make all efforts in order that these episodes did not repeat themselves as for us the service attention and attitude toward our guest is the priority and we hope to improve these aspects in the shortest terms.
Again please accept our sincere apologize for the problems occurred with your eyeglasses left in the pocket of the hotel robe, we have effectively contacted the laundry that collect the bathrobe but unfortunately we did not manage to find your glasses, my assistant wrote you a message to inform you about this research, we apologize for the delay of our answers. We are working n order that the guest will not encounter this situation in the future again.
The Hotel have effectively many bathrooms that are part of the room however we are able to provide connecting rooms for family (to be requested in advance) as well as few rooms with separate bathrooms that probably were not available on the time of your stay.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return and experience these changes in the future we will be more than pleased to propose you as gesture of goodwill a free upgrading and a VIP welcome. With kind regards.
The Management
London-Brighton
Reviewed 5 October 2012

First trip to Nice and we had good stay at this hotel. I love the white design scheme, room & building throughout is clean & modern. Location is very good as it's away from the crowd yet only walking distance to the beach and nice boutique area (Louis Vuitton, etc...). The only thing I miss here is a space to sunbathe. The staff is friendly & very helpful BUT not accurate with the information they provide us. They say car hire outside hotel is much cheaper, after we looked around, it turns out from the hotel is much better service & cheaper. They say paying directly at the Ruhl Private Beach is cheaper than buying voucher from the reception but it turns out to be wrong. The service at breakfast also just ok, despite their friendliness they are forgetful and took ages to provide simple request (milk for tea, extra cup, hot water, etc...). But as they are friendly, very helpful and meaning doing well, I won't complain much about this. Just note for the management so these little details can be improved. Overall I enjoyed very much our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Boscolo Exedra Nice is an example of a luxury hotel suitable for a wide variety of clients and also for families. I had stayed for a week at this hotel with my family and I'm very satisfied.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was really spacious, with free bed for our 11 year old son !
Everything is furnished with great taste and refinement, in a particular and pleasant way.
The hotel offers many services such as the restaurant, bar and spa area, where they graciously allowed us to get our son.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DenisCooper
Dear Guest,

We have really appreciated for taking the time to express your feedback concerning your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you, every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra are to reach guest satisfaction. It is important that you have appreciated our rooms and service also suitable for family with children as the management is very attentive to satisfy a wide range of clients.

With kind regards,

Silvio Catalano
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at the hotel in August 2011.
The hotel itself if very beautiful. The rooms are clean and very well maintained. Overall its pretty much as advertised. Hotel itself gets an "excellent".
As for the hotel staff...I would say average. Overall you may get an impression that they are somewhat snobby. Couple of complains that I had (which did not ruin the trip or the impression of the hotel):
1. When I was making a reservation, I requested that the room would not be on the floors 3 and up. However I got the room on the second floor.
2. The room door sometimes would "jam" and you REALLY had to push it in order for it to open. When I brought it up with the hotel concierge, he said he will take care of it but never did.
3. The room keys kept expiring after 3(?) days... Which I dont really understand because we stayed there for 7 nights. This means that you have to go back to the reception for them to change the expiry. A waste of time I think.
4. With my room being on the second floor, the windows and the doors were facing a common terrace. The transparent curtains did not offer much privacy. When I asked at the front desk if it was possible to close the metal pull-down door for the evening time (for privacy reasons), I was told that they never have any break-in and its not necessary. Which wasn't what it was about.
These are the things that you could put up with I guess. And overall I would probably stay in the same hotel next time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple