Upon arriving at the hotel, one gets the impression of such a great hotel; however this quickly fades when getting out of the car. The various valet attendants we completely arrogant with no greeting. At no time throughout our one week stay did the valet say bonjour/bonsoir or even open the door! A similar experience was with the front desk staff. There were of course only a couple people who were management who provided great service.
During my one week stay I had to change my room 2 times! The first room had a severe mold issue which was brought with a sad excuse that I should deal with their maintenance issues from management. I directly changed my room as a result and was given the room next door which had less mold, but still mold. The next morning I awoke to noticing the headboard. What I thought to be pieces of broken wood were not in fact broken wood but two bandaids! I immediately brought this disgusting issue to management and a room change was given later in the day to a better room with NO mold. Before leaving I noticed numerous areas of the room which lacked attention from the housekeeper. When turning the water on in the bidet, brown water shot out of the faucet.
One time I called room service for two drinks in the evening and was told they would arrive in 15minutes. 1h went by and no drinks; I called again getting voicemail numerous times.. finally getting a guy who told me the drinks could be on their way and he would check on the issue.
This evening, the housekeeper took the bathrobes and failed to replace them. When calling for new ones, the front desk said they were on their way. 45 minutes went by, nothing. When I called again, I was told they were on their way. 15minutes, nothing. Finally after another 10minutes two unmatching bathrobes wrapped in plastic that didn't belong to the hotel with holes and tears arrived at my door. In the morning I brought these to the front desk.
Another family member had to change their room twice as well! The first room had a strong foul oder coming from the bath drains. In the second room there was a bad ant infestation! The final room was great.
When coming to Nice I didn't expect to deal with such issues that took time out of my family's stay and create unneeded stress. I did speak with a manager who took care of some issues, but the general staff stayed the same. I have never had such service issues/irregularities in any other 5star hotel I've stayed at. The spa at the Boscolo is fantastic, the hotel is another issue. Severe training on all ends is needed in this hotel to maintain a 5 star rating..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience elegant luxury in the French Riviera at the Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection. Our boutique hotel features an ideal location just minutes from the Promenade des Anglais, Old Town and some of the town's most pristine beaches. With our splendid amenities, signature spa and on-site Italian restaurant, we ensure an unforgettable stay in Nice, France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Exedra Nice Hotel Nice
- Boscolo Exedra Hotel Nice
- Nice Boscolo Exedra Hotel