The photographs of the hotel website look like an art show, a display of exquisite and colourful spaces, aerial forms as if taken from Chagall's museum in Nice, so we booked eight nights and could not have had a better choice. The reception people were professional, kind and efficient, while our luggage was taken out of our car and the vehicle parked, in a public parking nearby that Boscolo rents for its patrons. We have to say that we were delighted by the whiteness of everything in our room, elegant furniture with sculpted roses pattern repeated in every piece. The large French doors opening into Boulevard Victor Hugo gave us a view of this established avenue in central Nice. Since our room was on a higher floor, further from the elevator, we enjoyed the view and the quietness at all times. About 3-4 times, we used the spa and the swimming pool, impressive though a bit claustrophobic, the only time we felt floating in an aquarium.
The location is perfect, at a walking distance to everything, so we went in all directions, back and forth from Place Massena, the hills above Nice, Promenade des Anglais, tea at Negresco, Chagall museum, train station for trips to Cannes, or bus station to St. Paul de Vence and more. If tired, the street car is at five minutes walk on Jean Medecin, street on which one finds Galeries Laffayette and a lot more shopping.
Breakfast at Boscolo is of superb quality, though one pays around 30 Euros, but we didn't miss it in any of our mornings there. The only disappointment was dinner at the restaurant, expensive, quite uninteresting, a bit of a petty portion and a too familiar waiter, whose name unfortunately we don't recall, but he was a tall, brunet man in his forties. We tried other places and also discovered delicious food available at the deli counter of "Au Bon Marché", from where we took three course dinners and enjoyed the food with wine in our lovely room, in front of our open balcony doors, feeling like happy locals, true "nicois". We'll definitely be back in Nice and at Boscolo Exedra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience elegant luxury in the French Riviera at the Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection. Our boutique hotel features an ideal location just minutes from the Promenade des Anglais, Old Town and some of the town's most pristine beaches. With our splendid amenities, signature spa and on-site Italian restaurant, we ensure an unforgettable stay in Nice, France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Exedra Nice Hotel Nice
- Boscolo Exedra Hotel Nice
- Nice Boscolo Exedra Hotel