“First class”

Ranked #16 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“First class”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights.

And what a pleasant stay it was. When I arrived my room wasn't ready, but that gave me a chance to go for a wander and get my bearings. On victor Hugo, which is very handy and close to everything in nice.

Once I got checked in. Luggage carried to my room. What a surprise I got. The room is all done out in white, to a luxurious open plan standard, and a good size.

The toiletries are plentiful and very good, whilst the shower is exceptional.

Took in the pool/ jacuzzi when I was there and found it very relaxing.

All in all a very relaxing stay. First class.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jocktamson007
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We have really appreciated that you were taking the time to express your feedback concerning your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you. Every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra is to reach guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the property and its services corresponding to your expectations is like an award in achieving our task.
Thank you in particular for your appreciation and positive comments on our location, our rooms, our spa and our large choice of bath amenities.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you for your next stay on the French Riviera.

Silvio Catalano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Charfield
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a lovely Hotel and is in a good location,not to far for the Train Station,Beach,or the Old Town with all its charm,and fantastic Restaurants.
The service was outstanding, food served for Breakfast was always fresh,all waiters and waitresses`s smiling and helpful.All staff throughout the Hotel were very courteous and helpful. The only bad comment from our point of view was the shower in the middle of the Bedroom,which was open glass to three sides,the side towards the bed could have been blocked off therefor giving a little more privacy.
Will still go back,as Nice and the People there are very friendly.

Room Tip: Did not use the Spa
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank legintrebor
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you in particular for your appreciation and positive comments on our location, our outstanding service, fresh breakfast and our smiling, courteous and helpful staff.
Effectively the concept of some of our room are with an open space bathroom (with a separate toilet/bidet which can be closed with a sliding door), this the way the architect has imagined the space in some rooms however we do have rooms with a separate bathroom on demand, next time please feel free to inquire about these rooms.

Wendover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is lovely, the exterior is as beautiful as the interior and the attention to detail throughout makes a huge difference to the overall experience. From the moment you walk in you will appreciate the clean crisp architectural vibe. The hotel itself was ideally situated for us, within a 5 minute walk of the main Promenade De Anglais but not on a busy main road where noise may become an issue. We were also only between 5-10 minutes away from the main train station Nice Ville which takes you to Monaco in 20 minutes. Check in and out at the hotel was swift and without issues, make sure you try the spa, it is included within your room price and is lovely after a busy day exploring the town (open from 9am-9pm). Breakfast was good and varied well catering for all tastes. I also loved the array of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion and mouthwash available in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy E
Dear Guest,

Thank you in particular for your appreciation and positive comments on our exterior and interior, our spa, our breakfast and our large selection of bath amenities.

Kent
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here from the end of April to the beginning of May.

On first arrival I was greeted by a porter who guided me to the reception. They checked me in swiftly and gave me all the information I needed for my stay. The receptionist then showed me to my room, explained how everything worked in there and so forth.

The positives were abound. I was impressed by the scale of the white lobby, through to the decor in the rooms. The beds were large and comfortable, large windows allowed for a lot of natural light and all facilities in the room were over sufficient, everything and beyond was in there. The TV was great, large screen and an excellent selection of channels. The air conditioning was quiet and so good it made me wake up in the night and I was freezing (perhaps due to my sunburn however!). The view was ok, you could see far into the distance towards the old town, however it was merely rooftops in front and looking in the direction of Marseille. The cleanliness was impeccable, I did not stumble upon a single hair or dustball, so well done housekeeping! Outside of the hotel, the location was again wonderful, very close to the main shopping street and a 10 minute walk to the Promenade, yet you did not hear any noise!

One slight flaw was the 'bathroom'. If, like me, you are on the 5th floor in a Superior room, you would have a strange shower/ bath set up where there is merely a glass wall separating it from the rest of the room, there is no shower curtain or anyway to hide yourself, you are 'on show' to the rest of the room!

Overall, a great hotel and would definitely stay at and recommend this chain in the future.

Room Tip: 5th floor, Superiors are fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Josh C
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you in particular for your appreciation and positive comments on our lobby, our large and comfortable beds, our room decor and our selection of channels.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband & I stayed with our two year old daughter for three nights. Upon checking into the hotel, the reception area is lovely and feels very elegant. We had champagne delivered with sweets to the room and found the room very large and accommodating. The staff had arranged for a twin bed set up in the room for our daughter. While I would agree that the modern white motif is a little overwhelming (let's face it, I have a two year old - enough said), I found it refreshing and enjoyed overlooking the street with our windows open to let in the air.

I don't have a problem with the shower being partially open to the room. It had a privacy curtain, but really? You're sharing a room. If you need more privacy, book a separate room. While I especially enjoyed all of the different selections of shampoos, conditioners, & body lotions, it was short lived. These were not restocked daily. By the end of our trip, I was smelling strongly of myrrh...... Not especially a womanly scent. The coffee capsules were also not restocked daily. The vanity set box and shower cap boxes were empty from the first time I looked. It took me calling reception and housekeeping 3 times and 45 minutes one morning to have an iron brought up. I'm not being particular. I even thought it might speed up the process if I just walked down to the front myself. That was not served, as reception and housekeeping are two entirely separate entities. There seems to be some failure of communication between the two.

Also, the hotel brochure advertised that if we had forgotten our adapters (& we did), that they would gladly provide you with adapters for your electronics for the duration of your stay. I thought that was wonderful, since we were only going to be there 3 days and I don't routinely visit France. I walked down to the front reception to ask for an adapter to charge all of our electronics. There were none available, but I was assured that there would be some in our room when we returned that afternoon. There were none when we returned, so I walked back to the desk. The male desk staff said he would personally go out to purchase some for the hotel and would return with them. He did call to let us know he had been to two separate shops that did not carry the adapter. That was very considerate, but did not solve the problem of a dying camera battery and laptop. Later that evening, I finally brought my electronics to the front desk and was told they would charge them for me. Once of the staff had pulled out her personal charger so I could use the usb ports. I thought this was very kind, although it was awkward to have to leave my electronics at the front desk. There was no delivery of adapters. Not a big deal if we had been informed up front, but we felt like we got the run around about it and it delayed our buying an adapter unnecessarily.

We used the pool one day. It was nice and warm. The spa staff was kind to give me the details about dressing before we came to the pool. The towels were quite comfortable. We were the only ones in the pool area. We enjoyed the water falls and pool even if the lighting was a bit dark over the water area. The fitness room looked nice, but we didn't use any of the equipment.

It was difficult to relay information to the front desk staff regarding items that were housekeeping's responsibility. I understand that they are two separate departments, but they seemed to have a communication breakdown somewhere. After my husband sent an email to management, we were immediately called in the room. While I appreciated the effort, it was evening and the phone ringing and door buzzing kept waking my two year old. (This will not impress any parent, I don't care what your intentions are) I would suggest that the staff review what type of guests are in the room before calling or buzzing the room in evening hours.

The front desk was friendly, the hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the room was nice enough. I think a Holiday Inn may have more efficiently stocked our room and provided an iron. Overall it was nice, but I think you could spend your money elsewhere and get something better with a better experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Boscolo Exedra, we really regret to learn that your stay did not come up to your expectation and we are taking very seriously into consideration your experiences. Be assured that the Management will take all necessary steps and make all efforts in order that these episodes do not repeat themselves.
First of all we would like to thank for the positive aspects underlined in your long comment. To notice just a few: you have appreciated the comfort of our rooms together with the large choice of bath amenities, the special welcome with Champagne and Macarons offered to celebrate your anniversary, our comfortable beds, the view from the room, and finally the friendliness and kindness of our staff.
Now, we are pleased to answer your negative comments and give you more explanation on your critics:
Concerning the communication between our front office and housekeeping department, we apologize for the inconveniences that happened as the procedure provide a daily restocking of bath amenities and Nespresso coffee capsules during your stay.
However we truly agree with you, as after your demand of explanation sent to the reception desk, instead of justifying themselves and the property (especially avoiding to call you on the phone at 9pm) they should satisfy your request together with housekeeping to change all the products as some staff were available until 9:30 pm, please accept our apologies again for this error of procedures.
Concerning the electronic issue you asked for a transformer that was effectively not available at the hotel, however in the bathrooms we have a plug that is suitable for all electric devices at 110V. The front desk tried to find in some electronic shops one of these transformers, but it wasn’t available; our mistake was not to come back to you more rapidly to update you about our research. In the mean time, you asked for iphone 5 adapter for the ipod dock located in your room and this was delivered.
Please be assured that we have taken the necessary actions in order to avoid that such situation happen again. Both departments have been briefed once again about the importance of a fast achievement of guest requests and the necessary follow ups that need to be taken.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you for your next stay on the French Riviera, feel free to contact myself or my assistant for your future reservation, we will be more than pleased to offer you a complementary upgrade to the next room category.
Thank you for your attention, best regards,

Hasselt, Belgium
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We staid here for 1 night in the suite. But there were several things that we found that the hotel is not worth the price and the 5 stars !
The girl on the reception knew about nothing , she give us also a wrong price for the room. Then she said we have to wait for her collegue to cheque in, this collegue let us wait and never show up. Then there was somebody else who asked to help us. He was very kind.
Then in the room, the tv remote doesn't work, then we woould used the buttons on the tv but did'nt worked either so we pull the plug out.
there where no bed lamps, so in the middel of the night when i want to go to the toilet i had to put the big spots on the seiling on, but then would my parnter wake up , so i used the burner lamp on my iphone to go to the toilet....!
The suite has an bath tub , with douche but there is only a rain shower on the seiling NO handsprayer...
I think this are a lot of defects for a suite and a 5 stars hotel.
So where were not so pleased.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isabelle S
Dear Guest,

For your information, all our bath tubs are equipped with an adjustable shower head, located inside the mixer tab, effectively with this particular design; it is not easy to discover it. We should upon arrival show this particularity during the rooming. Concerning the wrong rate information, effectively our reception trainee that answered the phone, should avoid this misunderstanding, however on your arrival at the hotel de front desk manager offered you the Junior Suite at the regular price of the Exclusive Room with a free upgrade, as all other rooms were already sold out by the time you arrived in our hotel. Concerning the lighting problem, we are aware of this inconvenience in some of our rooms and we are currently working to improve this aspect in those rooms.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is on a tree lined Boulevard just 5 mins walk from the main square and 10 mins from the Old Town. It looks classically French, set back from the road and has been totally refurbished inside in a modern all-white décor. The lobby is stunning in all-white with a grand piano and large modern vases of flowers and sculptures scattered around. An excellent first impression but actually the style and quality goes into the bedrooms as well. Spacious rooms - we had a Premium Triple (1 Double and 1 smaller bed but with a deep mattress) and 1 Deluxe King both overlooking the Boulevard but no traffic noise when the windows were shut. Our requests (including one for a separate bathroom were all met - some rooms have glass surround showers which don't suit everyone). The breakfast room and buffet were fine with a wide choice. Above all this however were the front desk staff who were excellent - particularly Andres who was very helpfull. It is not often one finds a truly outstanding hotel (and I stay in 5star hotels all over the world) and even more so when they are part of a small chain but if the others are anything like this I would certainly choose them. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnSW07
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you in particular for your appreciation and positive comments on the service provided by our front desk staff Andres, our lobby and our spacious rooms.

The General Manager