1,682 results
All reviews beautiful hotel white decor glass shower macaroons old town indoor pool steam room road works deluxe room luxury hotel bottle of champagne hotel restaurant train station long weekend place massena spa marriott
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a funny one.
It's not 5star. No. It's like the set to a quasi glamorous, slightly budget, 1980s American drama. The intentions are good but the finish doesn't quite live up to expectations. Very stark but not quite high end enough to really be fabulous. That's just my opinion on the cosmetics. For me, the Savoy is 5star and it oozes easy elegance and effortlessness, yet huge effort has been put in.
The service however: charming. The lady on front desk, late 30s, long brown hair, was a total joy. So friendly, informative and lovely.
Another concierge advised us that we can use the private beach attached to the hotel for E42 per day. These private beaches average for E24-30 per day so do not use this link with the hotel as you end up paying more. We went to Beau Rivage for E30 including towel, lounger and a front row pitch. NOTE: Take flips flops as the walk to the sea without them (even just our 5 yards) would be hellish! All stone beaches I'm Nice.
Breakfast was E30 so we opted out and went to Caffe Vergnano nearby (ask for an extra shot in your coffee, otherwise great).
Spa was great:pool, hydrotherapy, steam and sauna. Random but delicious freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice as you relax - refreshing and much appreciated.
So good things and bad. I requested a closed bathroom as I was travelling with a pal and not the love of my life. We were given one but still it's an odd design - ie if you go to the loo while your friend is in the shower you see him In all his glory showering away (and singing Madonna!). Not for everyone (that particular situation, that is, not my lovely pal!)
Management take notes on booking and aim to be as helpful as possible when designating rooms.
Verdict: not worth the money some people have paid here, not 5 star, but not bad.
An above average hotel, with slightly dodgy decor, but a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Careful of the open bathrooms, request maximum privacy
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank AMO308
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Boscolo Exedra, we are really sorry to learn that your stay did not come up entirely to your expectations and we are taking your experience very seriously into consideration.
We would like to thank you for your positive comments on our spa and our staff.
With regards to the prices, we would like to inform you that we charge 32€ for the access to our Beach Partner Ruhl, including a sunbed, parasol, a towel and a bottle of water.
For breakfast we offer an extensive hot and cold American buffet with a wide variety of cheeses, salads, fresh fruits, ham, salmon and of course bread and pastries, cereals etc., we also serve scramble eggs with bacon and sausages and our price of 24€ is really below most of our competitors.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you for your next stay on the French Riviera.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a couple for a night in January. With its grand exterior and stylish décor inside the lobby, we both instantly liked the hotel. We liaised with a very helpful receptionist who quickly showed us to our room, even though we arrived a little earlier than the advised check-in time. Our room was beautiful - spotlessly clean - and had a decent sized balcony which looked over the main street. The Boscolo Exedra is within easy walking distance from many shops, restaurants and the beach. We dined at the hotel's restaurant and visited the spa during our stay - both were great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth S
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We have really appreciated that you have taken the time to express your feedback regarding your stay in our property on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you. Every day the main goal of the management and the staff of the Boscolo Exedra is to reach guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the property and its services corresponding to your expectations is like an award in achieving our task.
Thank you in particular for your positive comments on our lobby, our rooms, our staff, our spa and our restaurant.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to have the chance to welcome you for your next stay on the French Riviera.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting nice for 5 days . We travelled as a family with 21yr old daughter.
Location is good , within walking distance of shops and restaurants . The overall appearance of the Hotel and lobby area is beautiful and photographs really well the concept of White is striking.
In saying that the ambience can at times be a little sterile but that entirely depends on what you like. We had a big problem with our booking as we felt we had been over charged from the original confirmation . Basically 100 euros per night for a roll away bed , so check the small print ! Having said that the management finally sorted it and waved the 200 euros fee , so we paid 765 euros for 2 nights room only !
So what do you get ? Well , nice sized room , furnished as you would expect in white accents , the glass open shower proving slightly awkward as we were travelling with 21yr old daughter . Ended up with lots of head scratching trying to form a make shift screen ! This is definitely designed for couples , the hotel did know we had a daughter as I had mentioned it was her 21st.
There are no tea making facilities and the iron was sent to the room on request although I noted this service ended at 5pm ?
The room it's self was very clean although the tiles around the bath had that awful black staining on the grout around the bath which should be attended to .
I think the most disappointing point was the worst view I have ever experienced from a £400 a night room . The curtains / voiles and electric blinds were closed when we entered so not at first obvious . If you like to spend a little time in your room then maybe check this out by opening the blinds first ? No balcony or sunbathing area at the hotel so you have to use the beach option provided . Please look at the photos . The hotel arranged a bottle of bubbly and a cake for my daughters birthday as I mentioned this on the booking form . Nice touch ... Would have been even nicer if they hadn't charged us for the cake when we checked out even though we didn't actually ordered one !!! Ouch surprise sort of lost its edge .
All in all I think because this Hotel has set out to be slightly different you will love it or not quite get it ! I don't think it is particularly good value for money and wouldn't stay for more than a couple of nights .

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front of the Hotel .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maddieday

Dear Mrs Day,

Thank you for having taken the time to express your feedback regarding your stay. We thank you as well for your appreciation of our lobby, our room size and cleanliness.
With regards to the price of the extra bed, you have informed us that during your booking procedure this information was missing and only once you have received the confirmation by email the next day, this has been announced. However the generic confirmation did not include the supplement. You have promised us to send us the document mentioning a lower rate as soon as possible, in trusting you we have waived the charges, however unfortunately we are still waiting for your email. For the birthday of your daughter we have offered you free of charge a bottle of sparkling wine and Macarons. The following has been written on your booking form: “Daughters 21st Birthday can we please have a birthday cake delivered on morning of 30/07” and after verifying, you informed us that you prefer the cake on 29th in the evening together with the free bottle of sparkling wine.
With regards to your comment about the tea or coffee making facilities we would like to inform you that we provide Nespresso coffee machines in all our Executive Double Rooms, Junior Suites and Suites. In our future investments we are soon going to include tea and coffee making facilities in all our rooms.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having previously stayed at the Mediterranee we decided to try the Boscolo Exedra nice - and so glad we did. Much more intimate, wonderful building, very central location. Rooms were excellent and well appointed. Comfortable beds, quiet and great selection of bathroom accessories.
The white decor is very smart and minimalist. The spa is excellent - great steam and sauna.
Staff are attentive and all round the hotel acts as a great base to travel.
Probably the best base to explore Nice - highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you in particular for your positive comments on our architecture, our spa, our rooms and our staff. We are pleased to hear that you highly recommend our hotel and proud to be called by you "the best base to explore Nice".

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Location: great as you can go and explore the city right from your hotel without needing a cab

Room: I loved the amenities and the overall decoration. Well thought-through.

Check-in and check-out: seamless

Can get noisy at night so don't open your windows.

Breakfast is quite limited and the restaurant does not offer an amazing array of choices. Service is below par. No gluten free choices. Not very helpful when, for dietary allergy reasons, I tried to modify some of the dishes.

On my way back though Nice 3 weeks later I was supposed to stay again at the Boscolo but I realized that I had made a mistake and needed to cancel my room. Though this is very high season and the hotel is sold out, they would not waive the cancellation fees. I know this is their policy but I find it quite abusive and extreme when in high season with rooms flying off the shelf!
This is very stupid on their part because I had liked this hotel so much I knew I would have come back here the next time I would come to Nice (once a year at least).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
exedra, General Manager at Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Boscolo Exedra with us, we regret to hear that you have decreased our rating due to our cancellation policy. Especially during the high season and when running on high occupancy this is a standard procedure which is performed by almost all hotels in the Côte d’Azur and around the world.
We would like to thank you for your positive comments on our location, our rooms, our amenities, our decoration and our service especially during check-in and check-out.
Regarding dietary and gluten free products we are sorry you have not informed us about this before as we have a variety of gluten free and dietary products for our guests. Please do not hesitate for a future stay to ask our Restaurant Manager for these products.

Kind regards,