“Gorgeous, luxurious hotel!”

Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This was a last minute reservation for us, and I'm so glad we stayed here! As other reviews have said, the interior of this hotel is almost completely white. Everything is very sleek, modern and CLEAN. The front desk staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. They have maps of Nice and surrounding sites (like Monaco), and great suggestions.

We spent one afternoon at the private hotel beach - it was our one splurge (35 euro/person) on this vacation but totally worth it if you're planning to spend the afternoon. You get a comfy cushioned chair, umbrella, towel and a drink, and clean facilities to change/shower, etc.

The hotel itself has an amazing spa. The jacuzzi pool, sauna, and steam room were free to hotel guests. We didn't partake in any of the spa services, but this was a great perk!

The room was enormous, comfortable and spacious, with a fridge/minibar, flat screen TV (although the 2 English channels weren't working - the technician came to fix it, but couldn't), table and chairs, little balcony, and huge closet. The bathroom is also enormous, but a bit awkward, as the glass shower is in the middle of the room, and was also open to the front door. There is a curtain you can close along the back side of the shower, but I wouldn't stay here with other people unless you know your roommates REALLY well! The shower itself was great, with plenty of hot water. The AC worked well in the summer heat.

The only real "con" was the lack of free internet. You had to pay for Wi-Fi (something like 7 euro for an hour), and the single computer in the lobby (the "business center") was also expensive. There are plenty of cheap internet cafes around the city, so there's no need to pay top dollar at the hotel. However, I wouldn't stay here on a business trip. I just think for a hotel of this caliber, the internet should be free for guests.

Also, the breakfast was expensive, so we skipped it. We didn't try the seafood restaurant, but it seemed popular.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed here with girlfriends for a long weekend. The decor of the hotel is just stunning and the staff were, on the whole, very helpful. The location is great, an easy walk from anywhere you'd want to go but very peaceful.

If you ask they can arrange a room without a glass shower, but there's not much privacy. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Dinner in the restaurant was simply amazing, but not cheap. If we hadn't been on a b&b deal I'd probably have skipped the breakfast buffet which was very limited. The do have a deal with one of the private beaches, but at €30 per day not cheap. We really enjoyed our stay: the Exedra was a great base, with amazing decor.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We stayed here for our honeymoon last week. We really enjoyed our experience. We were well looked after and receiption was excellent, anything we asked they looked after. Pool and Spa are really nice. Food is too expensive in the Hotel, ten euro for two cups of tea. Lovely area to stay as close to all major attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2010

This centrally located hotel advertises itself as five star on its official site, but is officially registered as a four star property. It has been expensively and theatrically renovated to a high standard, in a style that appears to be aimed at the rich Russian market. The rooms have 270 glass shower cubicles extending into the room so you can watch your partner shower, and there are glass chandeliers hanging down on either side of the bed. In the basement is an enticing pool, jacuzzi and sauna. The only thing that lets this hotel down is the breakfast There is only a choice of 2 cereals and croissants - no cheese, no ham, no hot dish. You have to order these separately for between 12-18 euros!!! This is disgraceful in a hotel of this standing. However the regular staff of the hotel are very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Webbski-85
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed in the hotel for both on a business trip at the end of 2009. Myself and my work colleagues were attending a work conference in the hotel which continued throughout the day. On one of the breaks I went back up to my room and forgot my phone on the table, only realising when I went back downstairs that I had done so. Though you are always advised to lock valuables away I had confidence in the reputation of this establishment and didnt rush back up to get it. However, on my return I found that my phone was stolen. I proceeded to report this to the hotel manager and was shocked to discover his dismissive and apathetic manner. In the end he concluded that he could do nothing for me and advised I can report it to police if I want. I was then even further outraged when I learned that one of my colleagues had a sum of money taken from his room.

Though I accept these type of incidents can happen anywhere the least you would expect is that the staff would be apologetic, courteous and at least appear helpful. In this case we found the opposite to be true as we were left to feel we were a nuisance in his "busy" day. Though I contacted by the hotel (I had to chase them) was never offered or given any apology, refund or compensation.

In conclusion, this is a lovely setting in a beautiful setting but is one hotel I will never return to would reccomend for anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CR14
Reviewed 11 July 2010

The hotel is located on Victor Hugo Blvd--a quiet street in an upscale area, but only 2 blocks to all of the shopping and 6-7 blocks from the beach. If you want peace and quiet, to relax, spend time at the spa, and have fabulous food, service, and accommondations, this is the place. We spent the the last 2 days of our trip here to relax before going home.
This non-smoking hotel is all white--the floors, walls, bedrooms--beautifully decorated. Service is wonderful. We were upgraded in our room (the room we reserved was great, but this was bigger). When it is very hot outside, staying in a hotel with great a/c you control, lots of bath towels, and great food and service makes your stay even more relaxing. We were so impressed by this hotel, we want to go back for a longer stay and want to try their "sister" hotels in other cities. Nice has mostly old hotels that have not be remodeled in many many years. We usually stay in other close by areas and go into Nice for the day. But the Exedra is so fabulous, this will be our location for the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank medfather
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My boyfriend and I have just come back from Nice after a wonderful couple of days and I enjoyed the hotel so much I wanted to write a couple of words about my experience.

The hotel is easy to find and even from the outside it is beautiful. The decor is modern and reminded me of the Sanderson and St Martins Lane hotels in London.

The service is friendly although the only reason I didn't give the service a 5 out of 5 was because the maid service didn't turn up until 18:30 - which when you want to get showered and changed (with out clean/dry towels) is a bit of a pain. But that aside everything else was faultless.

The room was spotless and the pool and steam room (which there is no charge for) are both fantastic ways to relax after a day walking around in the heat.

I really recommend it and will make it my first choice if we ever go back to Nice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple