“A really pleasant surprise”
Review of Olive&Artichaut

Olive&Artichaut
Ranked #36 of 1,983 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cuisine du pays entre mer et montagne
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I ate here twice during my visit to Nice. The first time, because my original restaurant 'lost' my reservation, and the second time because I wanted to come back. It is a small restaurant, seating about 25 people. You walk in right past the chef-owner. I think his partner serves as the hostess/server.

During my first meal, I had a delicious boudin noir terrine starter followed by a magret duck breast on top of a sweet potato puree, baby zucchini, and mushrooms. I had a cheese plate for dessert.

My second meal started with some FRESH, very rare tuna followed by a chicken supreme. I am not normally a fan of chicken, but this one was fabulous.

On both evenings, the restaurant was mostly filled, with folks enjoying their food and having a good time, if the modestly elevated sound level is any indication.

1  Thank ichabod777

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is almost all you need: pleasant environment, good food and service. Perhaps a little too hasty atmosphere, but this new restaurant will be in our Nice-list. If you want to see what you are going to eat, ask a reservation in the first part of the restaurant (there is only three tables); you can see the chef in work. This guarantees also the freshness and quality of ingredients.

1  Thank Tarmo M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great restaurant. Lovely food. Everything was fresh and the menu changes everyday. We did not care for the Risotto, and could not finish it. So the restaurant took it off our bill. Everything else was lovely.

2  Thank SunnyCA221
Reviewed 27 February 2014

So everything is fresh and you can watch the chef in the open kitchen, as previous reviewers have noted. However, they do speak English if you are French challenged. The wine selection is very good and the menu flavors are well balanced with serious depth. Should be ranked higher.

3  Thank All-reviews-for-free
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Over the years we've eaten in some great restaurants in Nice, and this is one of the best. Great location, stylish decor and, above all, a simple menu with good quality ingredients. Nice selection of wines - including some 50cl bottles. Looking forward to our next meal at Olive & Artichaut.

2  Thank David L