“Definitely go for a sea view”

Adagio Nice Promenade Des Anglais
Ranked #83 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Definitely go for a sea view”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel more than met our expectations, especially after reading some reviews on Trip advisor.
We spent a week there in a sea view room, great to sit on the balcony overlooking the sea, O.K. it can be a little noisy, but you are on a main highway. A 15/20 minute walk into town, but buses run from stop outside. We visited Grasse, Antibes, St. Paul Vence and Monte Carlo, by bus, each for 1.50 Euro a trip, the bus to Monte Carlo goes from town, but the other destinations were from the stop outside of the hotel. Would certainly recommend all destinations.
The apartment was very clean and equipped with all the crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment that you could need. The reception staff were very helpful with bus timetables and local information. Supermarket and bread shop at back of the property kept us well supplied and several local greengrocers had fruit 'to die for'. Would certainly stay here again if we were fortunate enough to return to Nice.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view room, the higher the floor, the less the traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank vicki69
ADAGIO_PROMENADE, Directeur général at Adagio Nice Promenade Des Anglais, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
"Dear Customer,
The entire Adagio staff team would like to join me in thanking you for your comment.
We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to one of our aparthotels.
Kind regards,"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here and the rooms were nice, with a kitchenette. Initially I was concerned about some reviews I had seen about massive overcharges on people's credit cards. Pre pay the hotel and when you arrive use your passport instead of a credit card, problem solved ( at least for us).

We did however book a sea view room but when we arrived the booking was incorrect, don't know yet if it was the hotel or the travel agent. But this did mean we missed out on an epic view and instead spent the night looking at the back streets with trains, cars and the local hookers hard at work.

Breakfast was sufficient and is in the hotel lobby each morning.

The location is great on the beach front but is a fair walk (25/30 mins) from the hotel to the city centre, old town and the shopping areas.

The beaches are all rocks and the water was quite dirty with rubbish floating about a meter off shore right the way along the beach. The rubbish was not there on our first day but was on the following 2...

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zekzor
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, we have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.

Kind regards,
"
Scotland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My initial experience of this hotel was not good, when I arrived the check in staff attempted to charge me more than I had booked the apartment for and appeared very annoyed when I produced my booking confirmation. Eventually they relented, but I felt as if I was being treated like a criminal!
We stayed four nights in an apartment overlooking the sea which was lovely. It was a bit far out from the town but there are plenty buses passing by, which nearly all go into town for 1.50 euros per person. There is an excellent bakery right behind the hotel and also a supermarket, only a few minutes walk from the apartments.I thought the location was fine, although further along the promenade towards town there were two prostitutes standing with what looked like their pimp in the middle of the day, which wasn't pleasant. I don't know if this is the norm or because it was Grand Prix weekend.
Our final night there was a three hour power cut and the apartment was plunged into darkness, including the corridors and stairwells, which I thought was particularly worrying as there appeared to be no back up lighting at some points. There was no explanation given by hotel staff. We were in our apartment at the time but some people were unable to access theirs as the rooms open by fob access. I feel that more information could have been given, even a phone call to the rooms, but absolutely nothing until the power came back on.
I have mixed emotions about this hotel as it was lovely to sit looking over the sea with a glass of wine, but the customer service massively lets this place down.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GooglyScotland

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I am sorry to learn that the service provided by my staff was not up to standard.
So that we can improve the quality of the service we provide, we would like to receive further details regarding your stay.

I do hope that we shall have the opportunity to see you again, so that we can offer you a better experience next time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After booking a few months back, and then reading some recent reviews, we were a bit nervous about staying there, but those fears we unfounded.

Upon check in the receptionist gave us a map and told us bus routes, trains stations etc, very helpful.

The apartments were well equipped with everything you would need, inc, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, 2 ring hob, all the plates, cutlery and serving implements. We asked for 2 apartments next to each other as we were a group of 5 and this was accommodated, with some fantastic views of the sea. There was twin room with an additonal 2 beds in the lounge. The shutters on the windows (not the curtains) made the apartment very dark so we were not disturbed by the light. You have to expect some traffic noise being along the promenade but it was not overly loud, if you like quiet suggest you either bring earplugs or choose a hotel further inland. Would say 4 people in each apartment would be comfortable.

We had maid service everyday, they emptied the bins and replaced the towels and made the beds. Great little supermarket nearby to get all the things you might need, and a really nice boulangerie next door. So if you dont want to pay 14 euros for breakfast, you can get your own as we did.

The apartments are well served by public transport, 9, 10 & 23 bus pass right outside the rear of the building.

Other reviews complain about the prostitues, and yes we did notice them, but hey you are in a City, Nice is not alone in having this, so I would say get over it, it was not just restricted to the back of our hotel, we saw them "working" near the central hub on the main promenade. I was with 4 other females and we did not feel unsafe at all in the area. In fact we had a drink near the back of the hotel in a little bar late one night, and it made for interesting viewing!

Its is about a 15/20 walk to the nearest sit down restaurants, but there are 2 little coffee shops and a pizza place right out back. there are some fantatstic restaurants all along the front, and indeed if you take a street back and just go exploring you will find some great little gems. Fenniccio ice cream in the old town is a must visit place, with almost 100 flavours of ice-cream.

There is a beach bar nearby called Miami beach, the sunbeads are cheaper to hire than the ones more centrally located by almost 10 euros, and the cocktails are cheaper buy 6/7 euros, and delicious and the food was very appetising.

I would say give this place a try, remember you are in a City and some of the things that go with City life are to be expected even in the South of France. Its not right in the City Centre so you get what you pay for really, if you want to be in the heart of Nice, then pay more and go stay there. When I go back to Nice I will be staying here again. Only 20 euros to Airport, and 1.5 euros on the bus into town. It is worth paying the extra for the sea view, just stunning!

Free wifi not great, but paid wifi 5 euros for 24 hours worked fine.

thanks Adagio, I will be back.

Room Tip: book a sea view! totally worth it! and use the shutters to block out light if you like a dark room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisa B
"Dear Customer,
We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to one of our aparthotels.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked Adagio Nice Promenade des Anglais, due to its location & ocean view rooms, we arrived during the Monte-Carlo Grand prix weekend. (May22) Upon arrival the receptioninst was very unfriendly, city view room was only available. we could not sleep at night there were prostiutes working on the streets, there was a boarded house right across and they were taking clients in and out the whole night also the highway was next to the street. There were no restraurants around the area only a few grocery stores, in order to eat out it was a 15 minute walk to town or take the bus. Continental breakfast was 14 euros per person. The rooms are ok, a bit run down can use some renovation. There a bug in the bathroom, at times we walked in to Addagio and they would not even acknowledge us at the reception. Overall not a good place to stay at the prices that i paid i could have stayed in a hotel with breakfast and have 2 rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane K

Kind regards,"

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok, I have read all the reviews and only booked this hotel reluctantly because most hotels were full the weekend of the Monte Carlo Grand Prix races. I wasn't expecting too much upon arrival, however, we were pleasantly surprised by the location, view from our balcony, overall condition of the unit, and the amenities. Pro: location location location--across the street from the Promenade des Anglais and an easy walk into the old section of Nice. Easy bus service to downtown and the train station with a stop directly in back of the hotel (#12). Pro: fully equipped kitchen which we made use of every morning with coffee on our deck overlooking that beautiful turquoise water, and every evening for cheese, meats and bread. There is a wonderful boulangerie in back of the hotel (about one block away to the left as you exit the rear of the hotel. There is also a small supermarket next to the boulangerie to stock up on basic food stuffs. Con: the wifii is pretty much non-existent, but, eh, this is France. The floor is dirty, however the rest of the unit is clean, but, eh, this is France. Depending on who is at the front desk, it can be a pleasant encounter or unpleasant, but, eh, this is France. We stayed a total of 6 nights without a single maid service, however the staff equipped us with additional towels and TP when we asked for it. Overall, I do recommend this hotel as the location and amenities more than made up for having to wear shoes the entire time while in the unit. Also, one benefit of no wifi is that my husband had to relax and get away from work and actually enjoy being on holiday.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I’m sorry to hear that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations.
If you stay at our aparthotel for more than 3 nights, housekeeping duties are carried out once a week. This arrangement enables us to offer more competitive prices.
A chargeable à la carte housekeeping service is available, and reception is at your disposal to arrange this.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at one of our Adagio aparthotels in Europe.

Kind regards,

"
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had live there 10th of April. Now, looking at all the comments, I know how wrong a choice that I have made, and I do hope that my experience will help people to get away from this hotel.

I leave the hotel 10th of April, and was charge 150 Euro for missing stuff in the room 2 days after. I immediately get contact with the hotel, and they told me a kettle and duvet is gone, and there system shows I am responsible for this. God! It is my first having met this kind of ridiculous accusation after all these years travelling.

The worst thing is that, when I provide them a picture that I accidentally taken of the room, which shows the stuff is already gone when we arrived, they get strangely angry and call me a thief!!! I find it a huge insult. Still, I tried to discuss with them calmly, and they just cut off the line and not willing to listen a word.

I have to say maybe my Asian looking bring them the impression that they can do some "trick" on us, and they (or their staff) did. I find it very difficult to appeal for the right and I feel extremely uncomfortable and sad with such experience in Europe and France.

My only advice, pls share this to anyone who may want to choose this hotel, before they give their credit card No. to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family