“An oasis in a busy city”
Review of Nice Garden Hotel

Nice Garden Hotel
Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I struggled to believe that a tiny hotel could be quite as good as the comments written and it may well be a 2 star hotel but it has a 5 star heart! The rooms are large and comfortable and the small oasis garden is a joy to sit in for breakfast and after a busy and tiring day. The only small criticism I could make would be that I would have preferred a little more choice for breakfast but the coffee made up for it by being perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HILARY K

Dear Hilary K,

thank you for having taken the time to write this review!

We are happy you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We invite our guests to rest in our garden after a long day of sightseeing, and we are therefore very pleased you have enjoyed your breakfast and your time there.

We hope to welcome you another time!

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My mum and I have just spent 4 wonderful nights at this fantastic little hotel in Nice. I chose to stay here because of the many very positive reviews already on Trip Advisor, I can only echo all of them. The location is just perfect so close to the promenade, old town, train station and a variety of great bars and restaurants. We had room number 1 which opens onto the garden, perfect for taking breakfast or a chilled glass of rose in the late afternoon sun. If you're looking for trendy and modern this isn't the place for you but if what you really want is traditional olde worlde french well this is perfect. But what really makes this a great place to stay is the very warm welcome you will receive from the owner, Marion and her girls, each morning at breakfast Marion made a point of coming out into the garden for a chat and this was an ideal opportunity to find out anything you needed to know about the local area, I can recommend the open top bus tours in both Nice and Monte Carlo this is a great way to see all the sights. There are so many great bars and restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. If I ever return to Nice then this hotel would be my one and only choice. Thank You Marion and your staff for helping to make our stay such a memorable one

Room Tip: Room 1 opens onto the garden
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank DuskyLancashire

Dear DuskyLancashire,

thank you very much for writing this great review on Trip Advisor!

We are very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us! I believe what you wrote perfectly describes what we attempt to be. As you said, we are not a trendy modern hotel, but we aim at providing a family and comfortable, relaxing atmosphere, doing our best to provide service to please our guests.

We hope to welcome you another time in Nice!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here in May, 2011. I was a single female traveler and I felt very safe here. The owner was lovely and made me feel like a treasured relative visiting from far away. The owner's mother was also a charming part of the stay - helping with breakfast, clipping flowers and arranging them just so. I felt like I was home, not at a hotel.
There was construction next door, otherwise it would have been perfect to leave the windows/shutters open at night.
Great location, easy to find, and close to the busy streets with all the shops.
They gave great dining recommendations, too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank why_pack_light?
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Hotels in Nice are expensive so I guess it is the normal price range and you pay for the location. It's a 10-15 minute walk from the train station, 5 minutes to the tram station on the commercial street, 5 minutes to the beach. But I still felt it was expensive. The hotel is a floor in a nice building. The front desk is open from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The rest of the time there are codes to go in and out. There is a nice garden where it is possible to eat something bought outside. There is no restaurant in the hotel. I didn't have breakfast because I was leaving before 8:30 a.m., it is not included in the price, looked as continental breakfast. The room and bathroom were really small and dark but clean and comfortable. The AC worked. The staff is very nice, very friendly and helpful. Not for families and ok if you're on a job trip, and only go there to sleep. Free wifi appreciated. Certainly not a boutique hotel. As someone already said, very basi indeed. Overall I was disappointed because it is ranked so high on trip advisor and I just couldn't see why.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank JimBta

Dear JimBta,

thank you for having taken the time to write this review.
We are sorry you were disappointed by your stay in our hotel.

We do agree that the room you stayed in is one of our smallest rooms (11.4m²) and not very bright. We are indeed located on the ground floor, and some of the rooms are surrounded by trees preventing much light to come in. The size of our rooms and our rates are however in accordance with the latest French standards, and we have obtained the renewal of our two star license in April 2012.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My sister and I took our 86 year old mother back to Nice, France last week (May 30th-June 4th). She is French and was making her last trip to say good-bye to her relatives and her homeland. To be honest, I was really worried about the 2 star rating on this hotel because I have never stayed at a 2 star hotel before. Then having my mother with us, I really wondered how that would work out. I looked at all the raving reviews and still questioned whether or not the reviews were accurate or not. I even personally emailed two people to make sure their reviews were truthful. I am here to say, all the Trip Advisor reviews on this little bed and breakfast hotel were accurate. My mother had her own room and my sister and I were in another room. Both rooms (#3 and #4) had excellent light and were a nice size and overlooked the garden. Marion and Natalie were so wonderful and very attentive. I think that is the reason why people love this hotel. They are perfect hosts and go out of their way. Marion went out and got a special candle for my mother's 86th birthday and there were flowers in her room each day. My sister and I aren't "bread" eaters, so she substituted extra croissants for the bread. It was very thoughtful and we didn't ask her to do that. The price of the breakfast was very reasonable and it was great. As someone else mentioned in a review, when you first drive up to the hotel, you momentarily wonder if the neighborhood is actually that safe...but, it was. There are just a couple of interesting shops near the hotel. The rooms were very clean. Natalie helped us with the location of some stores that carried items we wanted to purchase; so that was great. We were gone everyday doing something, so we did not require all the extra amenities that larger hotels might have--like a restaurant, swimming pool, computer access, etc. In fact, there is an Internet site located near the hotel, if you want Internet access. The price was very reasonable as we traveled to Paris to spend a few days and we paid 4 times more for a hotel room where the location was good...just as good as our location in Nice. Do not hesitate to stay at this hotel--make your reservations early though as they are always booked.

Room Tip: Rooms #1, #3, #4 and #8 are larger according to my sister who got to see those rooms. Rooms #1, #3...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Samfeline
Reviewed 5 June 2012

A lovely hotel in a handy location. Excellent service and value for money, we 're already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NickySw G
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed for 4 nights over Easter 2012. What can we say that's not already been said? Very convenient location for airport buses, trains and buses to elsewhere (Monaco, St Paul de Vence etc - all bargain trips at 1 Euro). Very warm welcome from the owner and staff - just the right amount of attention and help with trip and restaurant planning. Breakfast is served in a small communal room but we chose to take ours in the lovely courtyard garden - perfect. Nice large comfy bed and good hot shower. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1 - nice large room opening out onto the courtyard garden.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple