We booked this hotel based on the amazing TripAdvisor reviews and the great value. I was a bit hesitant as it was definitely a "steal" compared with the other hotels we were looking at, but decided to give it a try. While the hotel was no means bad, it really to me does not deserve as high of a TA rating as it has. It is more like a guest-house, just a step above a hostel.
- Lovely garden in which breakfast was served (didn't add the breakfast to our stay so can't comment on the quality)
- Friendly staff who were very helpful with questions prior to the trip.
- Room was small, poorly lit, and just seemed dreary.
- Impossibly small shower. Have stayed all over Europe in various hotels, B&B's, apartments, and guest-houses but it was literally too small to even reach down to pick up a shampoo bottle from the ground (your back would hit the shower door and knock it open).
- Location: This was our least favorite aspect. In retrospect we would have been much happier in Old Town. It is close to the train station and just a few blocks from the beach but is in a fairly dingy neighborhood. Next door for example instead of a quaint bistro there is a fried chicken restaurant. 20+ minute walk every night to Old Town to go to dinner (all of the recommended restaurants were there, none near us) and long walk to the bus station (we used Nice as our home base and traveled to different areas on the coast every day).
Ultimately I would not recommend this hotel to someone unless their only criteria is value. I think this is when one must be wary of TA stars, only because everyone's criteria for a "great" hotel is a little different.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nice Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.