“Nice Place to Stay!”

Ranked #33 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Montreal, Canada
“Nice Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. Marion and her staff were incredibly helpful, our room (Superior, #3) was roomy (for Europe), clean, with a small fridge and flat TV screen, the garden -- where breakfast is served -- was lovely, and the location was excellent.

We will certainly return to this hotel if and when we go to Nice again.

1 Thank travginny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Vctoria, BC
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I booked this hotel after reading the excellent reviews and they were not exagerated. The small hotel has the most wonderful atmosphere. Marion, her parents, her staff, are all quite exceptional. My room was very nice, they all have a little fridge and there are restaurants, and grocery stors all around. The hotel is excellently located. It also provides a breakfast if you wish which looked lovely ... I didn't prearrange any because unfortunately I have too many food restrictions so there's no point for me. They are so very accommodating in every way ... I was provided with a little kettle so I can make my cappuccino in the night ... they booked excursions for me. This is honestly the most wonderful experience I have ever had staying in a hotel. These lovely people love their hotel and it so beautifully comes through to their guests. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellerVictoria9
Stonehaven, Scotland
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful two nights at the Nice Garden, and it is possibly the most enjoyable hgotel experience I have ever had. The warmth of Marion and Vicky's welcome, and the efficiency and courtesy of their service charmed us throughout our stay. The hotel is in the very heart of the city, only a short stroll from the seafront and Rue de France. It has a lovely garden, where a wonderful continental breakfast is served, and we were lucky enough to be given the one room with direct access to the garden. The room was large with a polished wooden floor, a very comfortable double bed (and a single), a small dining table, plenty of clothes storage and a smallensuite shower and toilet.

I have never stayed at the Nice Garden before but i hope to do so many times in the future. I cxannot recommend it highly enough.

1 Thank Stoneytony
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I also booked the hotel based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor and it was as they promised.
We were also a bit worried when we were dropped of at the tiny entrance but then we were greeted bij Marion and Vicky and they took away our doubs in a second.
The rooms are clean , showers nice with lots of warm water , and you can enjoy a great breakfast in the lovely garden.
The last night we stayed in the larger 3 persons room which is recently renovated ! It is a large room with a window looking out on the garden. Airco is quiet .
Beds are comfortable and clean. We also enjoyed the free WIFI.
The hotel is only 5 min walking distance from beach and restaurants. And about 10 min walk from railwaystation.

Marion and Vicky were always there to give advice or help.
Thanks to both !
We will recommend it to all our friends and definitely come back again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dogfriend_10
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I booked this hotel based on other good reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Initially I was worried when I saw the tiny entrance and tired-looking lobby and some crumbling molding by the door to our room. But when our friendly host opened the door I breathed a sigh of relief.

The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. It looked like it had been recently renovated. We had a room towards the back, room 8. The floors were a beautiful dark hardwood. There was plenty of space with chairs and tables to sit at. The bed was comfy and the air conditioning was quiet. The bathroom was nicely appointed as well with beautiful tiling and modern sink basin and counters. There were plenty of towels, soaps, and shampoo which sometimes are missing in bargain hotels.

We did not partake of the breakfast since we had heard we could do better down the street (and we did). They did let me grab a cup of coffee for free, which was helpful to get me going in the morning.

We did enjoy the free wireless connection so were able to email, blog, and check the internet via our iTouch.

The location was excellent and close to the beach, shopping, restaurants, and an easy couple of block trek from the airport bus stop (right on the main beach promenade) or the train station. Walking to wherever we wanted to go was not a problem. We did not need a car and I'm not sure where we could have parked a car if we had one.

There is a great little garden to sit and enjoy as well.

I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Kat0chs
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed here for five nights and loved our stay, we just can't say enough good things about the hotel! I had a conference in Nice and although it was a bit far from the Acropolis, I liked our location.
Pros:
-Great location - close to the beach, airport bus stop, and train station
-Well decorated and clean rooms - we had the smaller room, which was fine, considering that all we did was sleep there
-Lovely breakfast in the garden
-Very accommodating staff
-Excellent shower (although small) - the water pressure was delightful
-Excellent lighting in the both the bedroom and bathroom
-Loved the free wi-fi

Cons:
-Can't think of any!

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank laut0022
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I noted that this was the top rated hotel in this category...

Here are the plus things about this small hotel in central Nice:
a) great location
b) very nice and accomodating staff
c)if you stay as we did on the larger rooms for 3 people or more you have a door that goes to a lovely garden, which is also where the nice continental breakfast is served.
d) safe and plentiful pay parking is close by down the road, 5 minutes away

Here are the things you might not like as much:
1) There is no place to park your car when you arrive to drop your bags... and finding a spot is going to be difficult
2) The bathrooms are typically Euro with very small (and ours for some reason had a uriny odour which was augmented when we flushed, we were in room #1) toilets.
3) the bed covers need a good cleaning but the sheets are clean (for 125 Euros this is not acceptable)

The location is really great, close to the Promenade des Anglais and plenty of restaurants nearby. As well very close to many directions for taking day trips by car.

Nice was great and the staff was warm and friendly.

4 Thank Summerchill