Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Anna-Calixta

Sea view

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jul 2019
We had a sea view room with was good, although the carpet was a bit worn. We also didn't get new shower gel during the stay and with the heat had run out by the last day and were still not given more. The towels were also missing on occasions and we had to ask for them. One change of sheets over the 5 days was adequate. For those concerned by the comments on security, there is a chain on the doors to the balcony but the main door does not have a dead lock which is working (one is there but it doesn't turn). We had a safe in our room and I just used that the whole time. We had a good stay.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Booking.com
3.1 miles from Hôtel Le Royal Vacances Bleues
View more hotels in Nice
1,294 results
All reviews old town location is excellent balcony monaco france buses
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2019

The city view room was sad and bland and clearly smelt like smoke.No parking available. Not even tea making facilities or water in the room for a rather high nightly price tag. I will not stay here again.

Room tip: Do not take city view rooms.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank maricolette4
Reviewed 2 July 2019

Awesome views - and the staff are truly excellent. We got our room upgraded at no extra cost - breakfast was excellent. Also the hotel is in a great position along the beach. - It has everything - except parking. But you can par 3 mins walk away

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 27 June 2019

I WAS ROBBED AT THIS HOTEL. Unless you want to risk your life, lose belongings and sense of safety, do not by any means stay at this hotel. I arrived to Nice alone late in the evening on a Saturday and immediately went to the hotel to check in. I should have known something was questionable when I arrived at the front door and the hotel was locked. I waited approximately 3 minutes outside in front of the hotel before the front desk agent, Christophe, came to open the door (he was the only one on duty). Christophe checked me in, I had already pre-paid for my room so no card exchange was needed but he did require that I pay the tax (that can only be paid in cash) at that time. I hadn't yet taken out foreign currency but he quickly assured me there was an ATM just behind the desk. This turned out to be an ATM down the street in a dark alley, one street behind the hotel. Christophe sent me to get money out of the ATM for the equivalent of $2. when I returned Christophe was talking with a drunk man at the door about money. I asked him who the man was and he said he was a guest of the hotel. This is where the story gets interesting...

I got checked in and went to my room at approximately 2AM in the morning. After traveling for 24hrs I was exhausted so I unpacked a few items from my suitcase, pulled out my computer and phone to charge and decided to get some sleep. I fell asleep around 2:30AM and woke up around 4:45AM because it felt like something bit me while I was sleeping. I looked at my phone when I woke up and saw that I had received a notification that someone tried to take out 500 euros from my credit card which seemed weird as I had my cards (so I thought). I got out the bed to go to the bathroom and noticed my clothing was outside my suitcase and strewn about all over the floor. I panicked and it quickly dawned on me that my backpack which included my wallet, passport, and personal items was gone, I HAD BEEN ROBBED IN MY HOTEL ROOM WHILE I LAY IN BED ALONE SLEEPING AT THIS HOTEL.

I searched through my suitcase and sure enough my jewelry and other items were now gone as well. In the bathroom my toiletries bag and sunglasses were gone. Someone entered into my hotel room, while I was sleeping alone in my room between the hours of 3 - 4:30AM and stole my items. I am certain someone was watching me as I had only been sleep for just about 2hrs and all of this took place. I immediately ran downstairs to tell the front desk i had been robbed, but more importantly someone had entered my room and took items from me while I lay in bed sleeping. Christophe did nothing. He did not react in the slightest and actually said to me "that's not possible, you are on the 5th floor of the hotel, how would someone get in your room." I told him I don't know, call the police, he did not. He simply wrote down the address of the police station and told me to walk there... at 5AM in the morning after i had been robbed in the hotel he was working in. I asked him if anyone had come in or out of the hotel during that time because the doors were locked and he was the only one who could let people in or out, he did not answer.

I begin banging on doors along my floor and asking guests in the rooms surrounding me if they had seen or heard anything and Christophe begged me to be quiet and go to the police, again this is 5AM in the morning, I am a single woman, staying at the hotel alone and someone had just entered my room and here is the hotel staff telling me to walk 2miles to the police station to make a report, refusing to contact them.

I called my friend who was staying in a nearby hotel (I originally planned to stay in the same hotel as my friend but it was sold out). She came to my hotel and shortly after she arrived around 5:30/6AM I began receiving additional notifications on my phone saying that someone was attempting to use my card at the convenient store just NEXT DOOR. I show the front desk and only then did they act as though they believed me. Christophe then walked next door with my friend and I to ask the merchant if someone had been in the store attempting to use my cards. Sure enough, the merchant confirmed a very large, muscular and tall man had been in the store trying to use cards with my name, he said they were his girlfriend's cards. Only then did Christophe decide I might be telling the truth and attempted to call the police (this is what he says but police never came).

I went to the police station and notified them of what happened, filed a report and they informed me the hotel was absolutely liable for this and to share the legal document stating that they were responsible for the missing items. When I returned, the hotel Assistant Manager was present and took me to the back to discuss the situation. Not only did she say that THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED AT THEIR HOTEL but that they have a very known issue with individuals breaking into rooms in the hotel and have not yet solved for this. Mind you Christophe originally told me that in the "12 years he has worked at the hotel this has never happened" and now this woman is assuring me that this has indeed happened before and is a known issue.

I WARN EVERYONE, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. It is bad enough that my items were stolen and I then had to go out of my way to take a train to Paris to get an emergency passport but more importantly, what if I had of woken up while this person was in my room. What if he wanted more than just material items, anything could have happened in that hotel room and this hotel did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING nor did they do any investigation as to what happened. It is simply not safe to stay here. I was on the 5th floor and someone still somehow entered my room either through the balcony or the front door (which was locked). DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room tip: Do not stay at this hotel, I was robbed in my room as I slept at night!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
11  Thank FrequentFlyHer
Reviewed 20 June 2019

Stayed here for two nights in June 2019. I knew the hotel had not been fully renovated, but apparently none of the non-oceanfront rooms have been touched since the mid-70s from what they look like now. Our "city-view" room was down the service corridor and our view was looking out onto a shed roof strewn with trash and other gross stuff. Our room was very worn out looking and dark. The bathroom tiles were missing, cracked and broken, and the whole vibe was actually depressing. I've stayed in nicer 1-star hotels. The room was not terribly dirty, but it wasn't really clean either. Even given it's location, it's not worth the price they charge for these rooms. I would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

I dont recommend this hotel for anyone .. first of all no one helps with luggage to rooms , second the breakfast is limited and always missing bread and essential food ,drinks.. etc . Plus , we were on a honeymoon vacation and the cleaning girl entered the room without knocking the door ! It was 9:00 am morning she entered without any permission to clean the room

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple