“Exceptional service, but did not love the food.”
Review of L'Hydropathe - CLOSED

L'Hydropathe
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I really hate to spoil the party, but I don't quite get what the enthusiasm is about. It is indeed a beautiful restaurant, and the service is exceptionally good. But I cannot say I loved the food (I had the souris d' agneu, which I did not really like). The prices are high (common for Nice), and with all these raving reviews I was expecting it to be much better.

1  Thank AthensSoloist
L'hydropathe L, Propriétaire at L'Hydropathe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear AthensSoloist. Thank you for having written that the service was ''exceptionally good'' and that our restaurant is ''beautiful''. I'm a bit disappointed in learning that you didn't like the lamb shanks. The menu offers a large variety of meat and fish. Why not tasting something else when you visit our restaurant next time? I'm positive that you'll love it. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The place is located downtown, so, we could easily get there from our hotel. We sat at a peaceful terrace overlooking Victor Hugo boulevard, a green artery interspersed with spots of shade and sunlight. The waiters' English was okay, we were quickly being attended to. My kids had the children's menu, only 9 euros, my wife and I took sauteed gambas, cep ravioli and foie gras which was slightly cooked. I must admit I had never tasted it that way before. I only knew the pate the French usually serve with toasted bread. I recommand the wine by the glass too, 4 or 5 euros. Côtes de Provence and Bordeaux are my favourite. Everything is home-made and thus tasty. My kids enjoyed the vanilla creme brulee and the tropical fruit panna cotta (6 and 7 euros). To conclude, a well-situated restaurant, the dishes are exquisite and the bill is light.

L'hydropathe L, Propriétaire at L'Hydropathe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear rodgers b. I'm glad you enjoyed our home made foie gras, with the chef's special (and ...secret recipe). I'm looking forward to welcoming you again, you and your nice family.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had a great time at this restaurant after venturing out from the hotel quite late at night. The restaurant wasn't very busy and we were greeted quickly and seated at a nice table by the window. After ordering, the service we received was excellent. Ordered very nice cocktails, followed by good-sized entrées and then a steak and salmon dish. Everything tasted great. About 5 minutes after I'd started my steak I realised I'd like it put on the grill for couple extra minutes and this was allowed to happen even though the chef had closed the kitchen. All-in-all, a great place to eat in Nice.

Dear Varinder86. I'm very grateful for your favorable review. Thank you for having noticed the skills of our staff. I hope to see you soon at the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, perfect service, value for money, nice atmosphere, casual and comfy. We arrived before the kitchen opened and the guys were happy to open it earlier for us. Great choice, i went there just because of the tripadvisor comments and it was really worth being in the top 10!

Dear Michael P. Thank you for your kind review. I really appreciate it. I'm glad to read that you had a good time at l'Hydropathe. Looking forward to welcoming you again whenever you come to Nice.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Wow, just wow!
Excellent food, very friendly and good service and exquisite cocktails - what more do you need?
We had our best experience in Nice at this nice and well placed restaurant in Nice and will definitely recommend it and come back when to it whenever in Nice.
Make yourselves a favor and come here!

Dear PISaVe. Thank you ever so much for your favorable review. We are glad to read that you had a good time in our company and that you found our cocktails ''exquisite''! We look forward to welcoming you again.