“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to try this place after reading the reviews on trip advisor. Must say they were pretty accurate and well deserved.

This restaurant is a very friendly, relaxed place, with excellent staff and great food!

Only wish we were staying in Nice longer, so we could go back.

L'hydropathe L, Propriétaire at L'Hydropathe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Callum L. Thank you for your great review about us. We wish to see you again at L'Hydropathe. Come back whenever you are in Nice!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good food and good service. Back to France, I followed TA' s pieces of advice and was naturally led to this brasserie located downtown, not far from my hotel. I ate veal medallions and was pleased. As I was on foot for once, I had the cheek to order a Cosmopolitan and was delighted by the taste of it. I recommend the home-made desserts, I, for one, had the creme brulee and my friend ate a Tiramisù. And to boot, all waiters are friendly!

L'hydropathe L, Propriétaire at L'Hydropathe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear josquin r, thank you ever so much for your kind review. Special thanks for your praise of our cocktails. See you soon at L'hydropathe!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Exquisite and delightful! We had booked for eight, two of us couldn't make it and we told the waiter at the last minute. We were welcomed heartily, although we couldn't tell the restaurant earlier. I ordered a Nicoise salad, a neatly decorated plate with fresh tuna, eggs, anchovies and raw vegetables. My boyfriend had salmon and tuna with French fries. The others had a Lebanese dish, that is to say, gently cooked veal wrapped in a pancake served with spicy vegetables. We all drank wine and ate desserts. Nethertheless, we shared the bill and only paid 21 euros per person! I highly recommend this joint!

Dear Laura P. Thanks a lot, we'll be glad to welcome you again whenever you visit Nice and the French Riviera with your friends. Thanks for your praise of our today's specials. Looking forward to seeing you again at l'hydropathe.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It isn't easy to find a typical French restaurant with friendly waiters who can speak English. Yet, I finally found one in Nice, and this is L'hydropathe. The menu is quite varied and the ingredients are fresh. I particularly enjoyed gambas and creme brulee. I made sure, talking to the kind waiter that all dishes were home made. The taste was delicious. The bill was light and the terrace on which we ate, pleasant.

1  Thank parker j

Dear Parker j. Thank you so much for your good review. Indeed, we are intent on buying fresh and local ingredients in order to maintain the quality of our menu. We hope to see you again at L'Hydropathe!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My hotel recommended this place. I was seated promptly and the service was very good. When I told them that a hotel sent me, they came out with a welcome drink. I ordered a grilled veal salad on pita and it was delicous. The portion was quite large and the ingredients were fresh. It seemed like there were more locals than tourists at lunch time, and that is definitely a sign of quality when you are in Nice. I would certainly come again.

Dear GinNorway. Thank you ever so much for your kind review, we'll be delighted to welcome you again at L'Hydropathe! Looking forward to seeing you.