NH Nice(Nice)
US$416
US$393
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$442/night.

Hotel Suisse(Nice)
US$441
US$393
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsno liftflights of stairsold towncozy hotelthe wi firooms were very cleanfantastic hotel
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel on our arrival at Nice before heading to Italy. It was the perfect spot for us. Only a 10-15 minutes walk to the train station and 5 minutes from Old Nice and the beach. We paid only 48 euros for a room with a shower, but no toilet. I think this is the best value at this hotel. The hotel also has rooms with either no shower and no toilet or with toilet and shower. The common toilet facilities are spotlessly clean and plentiful.

If you are looking for superior confort, this hotel is not for you. Rooms are small and very basic, but confortable and clean. We did not enjoy breakfast or the common rooms but the hotel overall looks great, with nice plants and decorations. There are a couple flight of stairs to climb to get to te reception, but....that's part of the game when travelling on budget in Europe. We had 2 backpacks and a large suitcase and it was no big deal.

If you worry about safety, take note that you need a code to get in th building and a digital imprint from your finger to get in the hotel.

Overall, a very nice budget hotel in the heart of Nice. Great value. I would get back there anytime. My only complain is that the door of our room was thin and I guess sometimes it can be little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raynor007
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the entire month of March 2009. The owners, Jean-Marie & Laurent are both seasoned travellers themselves, between them they speak several European languages including English. They are without fail friendly, polite, helpful & accomodating, & in addition are also charming.
The rooms, of which there are 16, are all very different , each with a decorative theme (Frida Kahlo, Matisse, Africa, Japan), some have showers/toilets, all have washhand basins. The ones which face away from the main street are quieter, & most have balconies. The bed linens are typically French, the beds clean & comfortable, & the rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, even on a long term stay. The communal toilets & shower are also kept very clean.
Possibly one of the best features of the hotel is the beautiful dining room where breakfast is served from 8AM-Noon. A choice of delicious coffee, teas or chocolate is served, with fresh orange juice, pastries, French bread, butter, & a variety of preserves & honey. A bargain at 5.50 euros supplement.
It is very well situated, less than a 10 min. walk to the old town with its daily produce & flower market, & many shops & cafes. It is also a 5 min. walk from the main shopping street, & close to all public transport, including the airport bus.
This is without a doubt a very particular hotel, not at all an anonymous faceless chain, & therefor would appeal to adventurous souls who like that ambiance & individual touch. I left the hotel after a month feeling as if I had made lifelong friends. Only one drawback, it is up three steep flights of stairs with no lift, so you've got to be fit!
Josephine Mackenzie

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank jomackenzie
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Wilson for four nights during a conference, and I felt very comfortable there--it was clean, and the owners were extremely friendly. Also, as a single young woman, I felt safe in the neighborhood and in my room. The owners take a lot of pride in their business, as other reviews have mentioned. You can't get more for your money in Nice--I know because my husband and I did some traveling there before my conference started, and we stayed in a 2-star hotel for twice the cost that was far less clean and smelled much worse. If you're on a budget and looking for a promising hotel, Hotel Wilson is the one.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank flyfishflyfish
Reviewed 1 January 2009

This is a great little hotel with a whole lot of charm and a very nice family that staff the place.

The rooms we were in ranged from basic to really fitted out but all of them were completely charming and very very clean.

You can tell that the owner is proud of his hotel and very considerate and caring towards his guests. The rooms are themed beautifully and there's a distinctive personality to the whole place.

It's clean, secure and very central plus it's great value for money for a top tourist destination. The breakfast is super lovely compared to the stuff you usually get served at hotels - Gourmet jams and fresh tea and coffee tailor made.

It's true that there are three flights of stairs to reach the hotel, but having stayed in other "budget" accommodation in France, things like stair cases and slightly inconvenient bathroom facilities are the norm. However at this price you have to expect a bit of an adventure, and the feeling of staying in a place with such character and a sense of enthusiasm from the staff makes this a most enjoyable one, much better than another blank and empty box.

We definitely recommend Hotel Wilson! Have fun!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophia0
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I traveled to Nice on October with my father and my sister.
I booked 3 days at Wilson Hotel based on reviews at trip advisor.

We know that the Hotel will be simple, but not too much.

First of all... you need to climb 3 floors of stairs with bags... it's not so good.

Second... the hotel is small, people walking on the corridors, entering on the toilets...

There's no reception... the room " called" reception is dirty, with washers ... everything mixed.

We couldn't stay at the hotel for the nights and we changed it. This was the best part of the trip.
We went to another hotel, for the same price, but totaly beter.

Open your eyes and think better about Wilson hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family