“Enjoyable!”

Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Nashville, Tennessee
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I really enjoyed this place, though it was quite a walk to Old Nice. I'm very happy to see this darling hotel ranked No. 1. The hosts were so incredibly nice, friendly, and helpful to me with all sorts of things. I chose not to pay extra for breakfast during my two nights/three days in Nice before meeting my partner who was already in Russia. I wish I could give 5 stars to this property, but there were two pretty serious problems. After a certain time of night, the A/C was not at all cool. I was there in July, by the way. I know that they figure most people are asleep by then, but I'm a night owl. Lastly, the free internet barely worked in my room--a very weak signal.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joseph L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 October 2013

we left villa les cygnes a week ago, we stayed there for the last 4 nights of our trip to the cote d'azur and we enjoyed our stay very much, the rooms are lovely the bathroom has every thing you need and I agree with every praise written about the gracious hosts. As we spent 2nights in the superior room and 2 in the regular I recommend spending the extra 20 euro on the superior if it is available but even the regular one is very very comfortable. Don't miss the breakfast which is served in the garden, it is a very enjoyable start of the day. my advice is to book a room well ahead.

Room Tip: ask for the superior rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Hotel Villa Les Cygnes may be a hotel / B&B - but Remy and Benedicte make you truly feel at home while in Nice! From the moment we arrived we felt as though we were being welcomed into a distant relatives home rather than just being put up in a room for a few days. Benedicte speaks very good English and Remy offers authentic French charm.

We were put in room 3, which was very spacious and offers a patio overlooking the back courtyard - although with the heat of August it was a bit warm to enjoy a glass of wine outside. The property has complimentary internet, which came in handy for quickly catching up on emails and corresponding with family.

Breakfast is optional each morning - a very nice spread of pastries, breads, fruits and juices. I would definitely recommend enjoying a peaceful breakfast in the courtyard at least one morning, but if you are staying for a few days get out and explore the other cafes in Nice!

Hotel Villa Les Cygnes is located just a few blocks off the main Promenade - about a 5 min walk to the beach. From the train station, the walk to the property is about 20 minutes - a bit of a hike with luggage, but definitely doable.

I could go on about the value, charm and comfort Hotel Villa Les Cygnes provides, but ultimately, you need to experience it for yourself. If you are looking for a 5 star property in the heart of Nice - you probablly should take out a loan and book at Hotel Negresco - however - if you are looking for 5 star service with the comfort of home and peace and quiet of being just a bit off the beaten path (at a very reasonable price), pay Benedicte and Remy a visit at Les Cygnes - you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Room 3 is located on the main floor just to the right of the lobby desk - it is very spacious, offer...
1 Thank rdubbs08
New York
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights with friends. The villa is in a quiet area but a very easy walk to all the attractions. One day we spent at the private beach which was very close to the hotel. Remy and Benedicte were gracious hosts. They greeted us upon are arrival and were there to help us navigate the city. We had breakfast there every day. The breakfast was wonderful. Benedicte makes something special every day. It was served inside on rainy days but outside in the garden when the sun is shining. We had room # 3 which was spacious, clean, and had the solarium attached to the room . It was nice to sit there and have some wine. (there is a refrigerator too!) My friends had room #4 which has a terrace. After touring the whole day it felt like we were coming home. Thanks to our hosts for making our stay in Nice enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This B&B is in a lovely quiet street just a few minutes walk from promenade des anglais. Car parking available on the street outside. Room and en-suite were spacious and well furnished. Our room had a sweet little balcony. Attentive owners. Quality linens and toiletries. Very enjoyable stay and will return if we visit Nice again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eaakh
melbourne
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband & I stayed here at the end of august & we thought this place to be a great base for Nice, especially with a car. We were able to park right outside in the street.
Our room was beautiful & the bathroom fantastic. The owners really work on the fine details.
the hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the tourist information & about a 30 minute walk to the old town, but do not let that deter you. It was great to come back here of an evening.
The breakfast was also very delicious.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of August, and feel that the owners Remy and Benedicte fully deserve their top ranking in NIce. The location is calm and peaceful, but only a few minutes walk from the beach for an early morning swim. The lovely old villa has been sympathetically updated to provide great level of comfort and charm. Everything is kept spotless by the owners who seem to work tirelessly to ensure a happy stay for their guests. Small details ( such as empty mini fridge, rather than expensive mini bar, and free bottles of water in the room, free loan of beach equipment) attest to the thoughtfulness of the hosts. We stayed in Room 6 which was extremely spacious, with a bathroom nearly the same size, and a lovely balcony with table and chairs where we could have a picnic with pleasant views of historic buildings and gardens. Delicious breakfast in the garden.The Musee des Beaux Arts is just a few steps away at the end of the road for culture vultures.
I would definitely try this place first on my next visit to Nice, but judging by its popularity, I'll have to book early!

Room Tip: Room 6 is very spacious, with large bathroom, double sinks and balcony, on the top floor. Efficient...
2 Thank frolpi