“Looked good, ended up average”
Review of La Favola

La Favola
Ranked #101 of 1,890 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ideally situated between the Cours Saleya, La Favola faces our restaurant La Voglia. The terrace, sunny in both summer and winter, offers you a modern and agreeable setting. A restaurant of character with a warm ambiance, where "David" is the master of the place. La Favola enjoys the benefit of an exemplary and dynamique service with the assurance of a pleasurable taste. The chef pr The chef prepares Italian cuisine with an imprint of authenticity and modernity, generous, simple and refined. Guests can enjoy dishes such as novel dishes such as pasta salad, fritto misto, mozzarella and vegetables, and such as buffalo mozzarella pizza. We also invite you to taste the exceptional desserts that is the hallmark of our restaurant : giant profiteroles and creme caramel, as well as the tronchetto with nutella. We welcome you every day of the year.
Perth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looked good, ended up average”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The food looked good, big serves presented in massive plates as we walked past. However, the service was slow and the food ended up average at best. The flavour combination and texture of the dish didn't seem like it had been thought through. If I was to return I'd get a Pizza.

1 Thank Toma91

• Turkish first
Cornelius, North Carolina
“RIP OFF”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

DON'T EAT HERE!!!!This by far was one of the worst restaurants I've ever been in - McDonalds is much better!!! The policy is to gouge the customer at every chance, the manager was rude and would not even listen to me and asked me to leave, AFTER I paid of course!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Helen M
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Delicious and great service!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Having dined at the famous 'Le Petite Maison' the night before we went to La Favola, my husband and I weren't feeling too excited by the food in Nice after such a horrible experience there.

However we randomly chose to dine at La Favola as it seemed busy and I'm so glad that we did!

We were immediately greeted by a lovely bubbly waitress who presented us with menus straight away. Within a few moments, she was back with water, bread and olives, all complimentary.

My husband ordered a mixed antipasto plate and I had a Favola salad.

They were amazing!! My salad had mozzarella, tomato, avocado, melon, prosciutto, rocket and I was basically licking my plate clean. My husbands meal was also very delicious! They were huge servings and the price was very good given how much food you get!

The waitress would bring us more water as well when she noticed we had finished our jug, and I was very impressed with the service.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant to travelers coming to Nice!

1 Thank Eleni P
“Antipasti and so much more!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We chose this reastaurant by chance and we were sooooo lucky!! We ate outside and had a waiter who spoke English after our fractured French.....We wanted only to share an antipasti but our clipped and overworked waiter insisted that we needed to order another entree so we got the "pasta salad". Oh dear god, the portiions were huge and each platter was enough for two+ people........but we managed to eat 90% of it all as it was delicious! Two glasses of rose seemed appropriate as we inhaled our lunch.... Prices were moderate. Turnover seemed fast....but it was a weekday and perhaps the other patrons were not all tourists like us! We were not rushed in the least.

• Visited May 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Recommended, the best what Cours Saleya offers”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We visited La Favola two times within a week. First time we had pizza's and were seated inside. The pizzas were excellent and had great, crispy base too. Indoor seating gave us a little bit more room than what the other customers appeared to have outside. Service was faster for sure. The second time we went in early, had pasta and sat outside. It becomes easily a place where one just starts a serious people watching session since the masses are constantly walking by the place - and asking about a table. There is a constant queue to this restaurant and if not the previous pizza but also the great pasta dishes. And plenty of it.

• Visited July 2014