The property is stunning and the rooms are pristine. We arrived just before check-in time after a very long trip and our room was not ready yet. That was obviously disappointing, but we went down to the terrace to eat lunch and to my surprise all they offered was a complimentary drink for our inconvenience. We did not get our room until at least an hour after check-in time. We had a sea view suite with no terrace. The room was lovely - impeccably decorated and the amenities including the large bathroom and closet were excellent. We were lucky to have a suite - some friends had a basic room and they are very small. The gardens and pool are also amazing and the access to the path that wraps around the whole Cap Ferrat peninsula makes the location even better. There's even a little swimming hole in the sea which is awesome.
Everything is extra here and it is all very pricey. Expect to spend a lot of money on ancillary food and beverage. Luckily the views are nice.
The biggest disappointment for what I thought was a VERY expensive hotel was the service at the front desk. There was just an attitude of "why are you even asking me a question?" every time I spoke to anyone. Generally I didn't feel like they WANTED to help me whenever I asked for something...my problems were my problems, not theirs. I can't say the service experience was ENTIRELY negative, but it certainly wasn't positive. And it would give me pause before I booked another VERY expensive stay there.
I should note that the pool service was much friendlier than the rest of hotel's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the glamorous resort lifestyle of the Cote d’Azur – close to Nice and Monaco – in the iconic luxury of the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel. Among the 74 light and airy guest rooms – including 24 suites and one villa – some feature private terraces and swimming pools. Chic, modern design by Pierre-Yves Rochon features gleaming white marble and textures of white and beige, putting the emphasis on colourful artwork and signature French Riviera views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Du Cap Ferrat
- Grand Resort Du Cap Ferrat