Our three night Mediterranean cruise left out of Savona, Italy, the most convenient flight was from LAX to JFK to Nice. We had to take a two hour shuttle from the Nice airport to Savona, so we came in a day early just in case there were any airline delays, if we missed the shuttle it would be a very expensive taxi ride. I picked the Holiday Inn since it was one mile from the airport and had a free shuttle. I would be easy to get to the hotel, and back to the airport to catch our cruise shuttle.
We landed around 11am, called the Holiday Inn for a pickup which took less than ten minutes to arrive. The shuttle driver Patrick, was excellent, the best employee at the hotel. At check in only one of our two rooms was ready, however the helpful agent was able to find another room for us right away, although not on the top floor, we were just happy to be able to sleep after 20 hours of traveling. After all, the hotel was very empty since it’s the off season so it should be easy to fin an empty room that was ready. We made it back to the airport the next morning and were off to our cruise in Savona.
After the cruise we stayed another night at the Holiday Inn to visit our friends on their boat docked in La Napoule. However our experience with the Holiday Inn this time was completely different. I called the hotel when we arrived at the airport for a shuttle pickup and the lady said it would be 45 minutes. The hotel is one mile away, they assured me before I booked the hotel that we would simply give them a call and we would be picked up right away. I asked if they would reimburse a cab and she said that would be too expensive, so I had to argue until she sent the driver to pick us up. After picking us up, we went to the other terminal and pickup up more passengers, so I don’t know what the deal with a 45 minute wait was all about.
It was about 1:15pm when we arrived at the hotel and both of our rooms were not ready. I asked if we could get different rooms as we had to change clothes before we were to be picked up at 2pm. Also we were going to be out all evening until 11pm so I wanted to get settled in to our rooms so we could just get back to the hotel and go straight to sleep.
The desk agent, a different one than our first visit, would not find other available rooms, but called housekeeping to put a rush on our original rooms. As it got closer to 2pm they still had nothing for us forcing us to unpack our luggage in the lobby and change clothing in the lobby restroom. Our ride arrived and we had them check our luggage, I was extremely upset and asked if we would be able to retrieve our luggage at 11pm and they said of course.
We arrived back at the hotel at 11pm, I sarcastically asked if our rooms were ready yet, it was a different male agent and he said yes and laughed. I asked about our bags and he said that he didn't have the keys to the luggage storage room, but the bags "should" be in our rooms. If they were not in our rooms we would be out of luck until morning. I told him that I'll check but if they’re not there, I would be back down to kick the door in to the luggage room and I was not joking. Also I asked if there were any notes about our conversations earlier in the day and he said yes with a smile, I'm sure they put some notes about a rude American giving them a hard time.
Luckily our luggage was all in one of our rooms and I didn't have to go downstairs and cause some damage. It's just so surprising how having a couple good employees can make a stay so easy and pleasurable, on the other hand having to deal with a few incompetent staff can just ruin your whole stay. It’s obvious that there needs to be more training here to provide a consistently good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent is the only hotel of the area built right on the beach. It is walking distance from the shopping center Cap 3000.Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent features comfortable and renovated rooms with terrace, including some with a view of the sea. The rooms are spacious and luminous. They offer all the facilities you may need for a relaxing stay.For your comfort, the hotel features a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, to be savoured on the terrace. The new other restaurant The Bay Star Cafe is set right on the beach and servesa French Modern Bistro Cuisine : A delight ! Located on a beautiful sandy beach on the Baie des Anges the hotel offers also a private Beach : The Bay Star Beach and Lounge with Bar, Snack and beach restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Nice - Port St Laurent Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Holiday Inn Hotel Nice
- Holiday Inn St-Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Holiday Inn